The last of my annual round-up posts sees the best photos we took in 2018 (I’m still resisting the urge to jump on the “best outfits of the year” bandwagon…!
While looking through my 2018 photos I realised that we (unusually) didn’t really go anywhere new last year. I think because of Riley’s illness in February and then moving house taking up the whole year (house on sale in March, offer accepted in April, moved in July, latter half of the year sorting out our new home) we didn’t even get a long weekend away, despite our intentions to do so. Therefore the photos are a little lacking in stunning locations, but we at least made the most of a long hot summer and all its glorious sunshine.
So what they lack in location they hopefully more than make up for in light and composition. My favourites are the light in no.2, the colours in no.10 and the sharpness of no.17. Oh, and not forgetting that face in no.22…!
As always I’m showing a wide variety of outfits (as it’s the #iwillwearwhatilike post I thought I should at least MENTION clothes!) – I’ve worn everything from a chiffon gown to heavy biker boots to fancy dress this past 12 months. And I’ve included a few fabulous photos that don’t include an outfit at all: as it’s my greatest photographic moments I thought why not include some other photos that appeared on the blog that I’m proud of? Of course most of the photos were taken by the Instagram Husband Keith, so 99% of praise must go to him.
HOPE YOU LOVE THEM AS MUCH AS I DO – LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS WHICH ONE ARE YOUR FAVOURITE(S)!
P.S. Do add your outfits to this week’s link up at the bottom of the post – and if you’ve added a link to here or my button to your post you may be featured in my monthly Women Who Wear What They Like post!
1. Soft spring backlighting on a vintage chiffon dress
2. Morning sun on a hotel balcony
3. Winter sunshine casting strong shadows
4. A golden glow of setting sun on my hair
Stunning locations & backdrops
5. The ever-photogenic cherry blossoms
6. A secret cinema London location acting as a dystopian 2019 Los Angeles
7. Ilfracombe in North Devon at sunset
8. All the autumnal leaves with all the autumnal colours
9. A bold shape filling the frame
10. Perfectly placed afternoon tea
11. The winding path with perfect converging lines
12. Imposing 17th-century buildings in the snow
13. Damien Hurst’s “Verity” sculpture in the late summer sun
14. A beret, sunglasses and statement earrings close up
15. All eyes on the plants-on-pink tote
16. A classic flat shoes shot
17. A stunning cocktail ring sparkling in the setting sun
18. Twirling my birthday party dress
19. Shaking out my new ‘do
20. A swish of gold pleats
Special category: Riley photos
21. A patient boy in the summer heat
22. Snuggling up in the winter
23. Looking proud and regal
24. A “looking sheepish” moment
✷ ✷ ✷ ✷ ✷
Thank you for joining the #iwillwearwhatilike link up! This started as a campaign on Instagram in August 2015 where women over 30 wore everything on a journalist’s list of “inappropriate” items for 30+ women (including leopard print, short dresses and oversized sunglasses. Yes, really). It was so popular that I decided to carry it on weekly where women of all ages link up their fabulous style, never mind what anyone tells them not to wear!
The link up goes live every Tuesday at around 3pm UK time and will stay open for a week. Whilst the original article was of course aimed at the 30+, you can be ANY age to link up. The only criteria is that you’re wearing whatever you damn well like!
Linking up etiquette…
CLICK HERE to read the rules of linking up (and to grab the #iwillwearwhatilike button). Basically it’s just good manners to link back to here – to leave a comment is even nicer!
PLEASE NOTE: This is for linking up WHAT YOU’VE BEEN WEARING ONLY. Non-outfit links will be removed and you might be blocked if you turn out to be a repeat “offender”!
Want to receive an email reminder for the next link up?
Please note that due to the new GDPR laws I’m unable to send an email reminder unless you subscribe to the mailing list of your own accord. CLICK HERE if you wish to be sent an email with a reminder to link up to the #iwillwearwhatilike link up as soon as it’s live!
Do share the love and visit as many links as you can (you never know what other lovely like-minded ladies you might meet) – the original Instagram campaign forged some wonderful new friendships so don’t miss out!