Time for the nitty gritty Ts&Cs… boring but necessary! I take massive pride in my work and the quality of this blog, and in accordance with my promise to my readers to bring them quality, honest content I have to ensure that I make things clear to all brands and give them value-for-money.
Terms & Conditions of offers of gifted items
If you would like to offer me a free product or service (“Product Gifting”), whether for review or to style and post on my blog, my Product Gifting Policy is as follows:
- I reserve the right to decide if and when to feature a PR sample/gifted product/service in a blog post or on my social media platforms. By sending the items to me you agree that I am under no obligation to feature them (the items are then not required by UK law to be declared as earnings and therefore taxable).
- I may or may not post about the item in whatever context (blog or social media platform) I deem appropriate and within my own time frame.
- A collaboration that requires guaranteed blog/social media exposure (or any other requests like specific keywords or links) is considered sponsored content and therefore chargeable – see paragraph below – I have to declare those items as earnings if guaranteed coverage is requested and therefore pay tax on them.
- If/when a gifted product appears on the blog or in a social media post I will clearly disclose that the item was gifted to me/a PR sample.
- Any links included in a blog post will be “no follow” or “sponsored” in accordance with Google’s guidelines about paid links, whether “payment” was via a gifted item/service or monetary compensation. Please click here to read about Google’s Link Schemes.
- By sending the items to me you agree that any returns or collections of unsuitable items will be at your own expense.
- By sending any items to me from overseas you agree that I am not liable for any tax or customs duties/import fees and they will be at your own expense.
- I have a strict no-waste policy when it comes to gifts and PR samples: All items must be sent in (preferably) recycled packaging, and it must definitely be recyclable. For example, small items do not need to be sent in a bubble envelope when a paper/cardboard envelope or box can be used instead. I am not bothered about the packaging for postage looking “pretty”.
- If gifted product(s) or samples are sent to me without warning or my prior consent all the terms above still apply.
Fees for a guaranteed blog post feature, social media exposure or similar
The fee quoted will reflect what deliverables are required and will be quoted based on those requirements. Please request a quote by emailing notdressedaslamb[at]gmail.com with full details of what you require and I will get back to you with my fees.
By monetising the blog I can continue to publish great content to interest and inspire my readers and earn their trust and loyalty, as well as putting food on the table and paying the bills (girl’s gotta eat)!
Last updated: June 2020. I reserve the right to change these terms at any time without prior notice.