Happy New Year everyone!!!
For my first post of 2013 I thought I’d have a little recap of 2012 and share with you some of the more ‘undesirable’ photos we took, rather than the best…
Before I clear all the outtakes off my hard drive I’ve collected the best of the worst to post here for your (and my) amusement. In some I’m caught off guard, others I’m goofing around and some I have no explanation for whatsoever. So sit back and enjoy, and take delight in the fact that, contrary to what some of you say in your lovely comments, I really don’t always look that good 😉
(You can click on the images to see the original posts)
1. Beware: when the wind catches your blazer, you end up looking about ten sizes wider than you actually are.
2. I was probably falling over in my heels here. Heels and fields don’t mix.
3. You end up with many outtakes when you’re trying to create some sort of leaping pose. Most shots were unusable… this is just one example of how stupid you look when it goes wrong.
4. Two fingers up to the photographer.
5. I have no idea what I’m doing here, but I don’t look happy. Also my legs look like they’re made of rubber.
6. Goofing about, probably wanting to go home.
7. A classic example of having to change shoes from the ones I’ve worn at work (I sit at a desk all day so heels aren’t a problem) to something I can walk in to where we take pictures (quite often up a country lane). So nice of Mr. Summers to capture me when I’m struggling with my sneakers.
8. Probably messing about while camera settings are being changed, or I want to finish and go inside.
9. Directing Mr. Summers, telling him what camera settings to use perhaps…? Or describing the size of something in great detail. Who knows.
10. A classic case of a “spinning around” outtake where you end up with a shot of both feet turned in. Not particularly flattering.
11. I think I was having some sort of fit here.
12. Ahhh… another classic: pulling in the dress I was sent by a company that was too big. I had to get the photo done for the M&S style blogger challenge, but couldn’t wait any longer for the smaller size to arrive in order to get my entry in on time. Bulldog clips to the rescue!
13. I have no idea what I’m doing here… I think I was jumping and trying to look stylish. It didn’t work.
14. Wiping off the copious amounts of mud from my wellies (no, I hadn’t stepped in something) after wading through muddy puddles.
15. Trying to redo (or simply clip back) my hair from my face after the wind has blown it everywhere is a common occurrence. Car windows and the lens of the camera both make handy mirrors.
16. This has to be my favourite of the lot – was it a bee that flew in my face? I’ll never know, but it sure makes me laugh!
So – proof that blogging is far from glamorous. Sometimes I’m amazed I look half decent in any photos at all – judging by this lot it’s a good job I have a patient photographer (a.k.a. my husband) who’s willing to take x number of shots…!
I’d like to wish everyone a very prosperous and happy 2013… make this year bring you everything you wish for :)))
P.S. Wanna follow me? Here’s what you need to click on!