Wedge Wellies and Winter Brights

Bright Winter Colours
Bright Winter Colours
Bright Winter Colours
Denim & Polka Dot Scarf
Wellies
Did everyone had a great weekend? We’ve now got our tree up, so it’s feeling proper Christmassy at home at last. Only 15 sleeps till the big day…!

So onto my croc-effect wedge wellies: I got these for my birthday this year (July) as I’d wanted some for ages, but for some strange reason I hadn’t had to wear them up till now. I say ‘strange’ because this has officially been the wettest year in the UK for 100 years; I can only think that we never really had to go out on those wet days, so the wellies haven’t really been needed all this time. As they’re black I decided that the rest of the outfit had to be bright, and my magenta skirt is about the brightest winter thing I own: with a touch of neon yellow, coral gloves and scarf and denim blue, I’ve got my usual rainbow effect in full force…!

Wedge Wellies: Amazon (though they are available from Tesco*), Denim jacket: ASOS, Scarf: Thrifted, Skirt: ASOS, Satchel: The Cambridge Satchel Co, Gloves: Unknown

Shop my look! Items marked* are the actual items, if still available:

Linking up to:

Monday Mingle at Bonbon Rose Girls
Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style

1. December 10, 2012 / 5:28 pm

Wow wedge wellies! I didn't know there was such a thing. I am impressed!

• December 10, 2012 / 9:29 pm

I tell you, Monica: I would love to live somewhere that doesn't require the wearing of wellies. I'm a hot weather girl, and California would suit me just fine!! C x

2. Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 / 5:51 pm

What a great combination. My typical wellie outfits are simple: jeans and t-shirts. This has that same casual vibe, but is much more polished and fun!
    Minda

3. December 10, 2012 / 6:27 pm

I've frequently been tempted by wedge wellies, but can you tell me how they are to walk in? (I am reasonably sure footed, they just look unstable to me).

• December 10, 2012 / 9:31 pm

I've only really worn them twice, and they were really comfy, but we didn't go for a hike – just a 20 min walk maximum. But I am used to wearing (very high) heels all day, so these were quite low for me – also no wobbliness from the wedge. Hope that helps…! x

4. December 10, 2012 / 7:22 pm

Wow those wellies are so amazing! I have never seen wedged ones before now. Love the outfit you styled them with, I especially adore the pop of bright colours with your satchel bag and gloves. 🙂

Take care,

5. December 10, 2012 / 8:25 pm

I hope one day I'll be able to own wellies! It rains here, but not enough to justify a good pair. Someday I hope! 🙂 I love your skirt and that polka dot scarf looks like one that Marni would make! I can't believe it's thrifted. Hope you have a great day! <3

toni

6. December 10, 2012 / 10:47 pm

Oh, I just love 'em! Great brights for a dreary day too. I've got patterned cowboy-style wellies coming up in a post soon – that THAT, rainy days!

7. December 11, 2012 / 12:44 am

Those colors are so vibrant. I love them all mixed together in that outfit.

8. December 11, 2012 / 8:51 am

Those are the most stylish gumboots I've ever seen! I want some.
    Hopefully the rain will go away xo

9. December 11, 2012 / 12:37 pm

J'adore the brights in this look. Also love your hair like this. You remind me of an actress in the last photo, but I can't quite put my finger on who it is. It's driving me crazy!! Does anyone ever tell you that you look like someone else?

• December 11, 2012 / 1:39 pm

Thank you Shan…! I have been told by others I remind them of a few different people, but the one I get most (even though she's not all that well known) is Emily Mortimer – click here to see a picture – even I get quite spooked by how much I think I look like her! The first time I saw her was a photo in a magazine, and as I turned the page I actually thought someone had snapped a picture of me in the street. Not everyone would agree, I know, but that's who I think! C x

10. December 11, 2012 / 4:32 pm

Oh yeah! I could see Emily Mortimer (though that's not who I thought of). I realized who it was when I hopped over again to read your comment: Catherine Keener. I think it's your eyes and smile in that photo in particular. That's funny about seeing the magazine photo and thinking it was you – how crazy would that be!!!

11. December 11, 2012 / 6:02 pm

love all of the bright colors being mixed together
    such a fun and fabulous outfit
    brett

12. December 11, 2012 / 9:58 pm

Wedgie Wellies! What a completely great idea!
    You're beautiful as always.

13. December 11, 2012 / 11:53 pm

I LOVE those boots. Been wanting a new pair of stylish rainboots!

14. December 12, 2012 / 12:16 pm

Amazing colours, Catherine, and they suit you so well!

15. December 13, 2012 / 1:07 pm

Such a great outfit! I love the bright colors and those boots! Found you on the Visible Monday link-up and I had to click over as soon as I saw the look you had put together! Can't wait to explore your entire blog!

16. December 16, 2012 / 4:06 pm

Oh all these colours, so well combined. You are still my hero.