Wake up, wake up, the British are coming!

Any excuse to use one of my favourite – and often quoted (by me) – lines from Breakfast at Tiffany’s 🙂

And so our Jubilee weekend has come to a close… thanks to Liz for reigning for 60 years and inspiring my outfit for our family Jubilee party on Monday. My sister called me in advance to see if she could borrow my blue nail varnish to finish her red, white and blue nails, only to mention that she was, of course, also wearing the Union jack colours. I had been wondering what to wear so it was an easy outfit to pull together; why I hadn’t thought of wearing red, white and blue I have no idea.

I hope all Brits had a fabulous long weekend and that you weren’t rained on too much – I’m amazed I managed to get any photos done – I think Monday was the only day it didn’t rain! Happy Wednesday to everyone x

Blazer: Next similar, Shirt: Thrifted similar, Trousers: ASOS similar, Wedges: La Redoute similar, Belt: ASOS, Watch: Fossil, Bracelets L-R: Topshop / Topshop / H&M / Unknown, Rings L-R: Boots / H&M / Unknown, Nails: all Barry M Cyan Blue / Bright Red / Matte White

Linking up to:

What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy

1. June 6, 2012 / 12:29 pm

absolutely darling! I'm suffering epic jubilee withdrawals today, though my productivity levels are drastically higher now that I'm not glued to the TV. hope you had fun and thans for sharing!

2. June 6, 2012 / 1:25 pm

i love red white and blue 🙂 maybe cos im a true brit hee hee 🙂 Every time you wear this shirt i have complete gingham shirt envy! It was such a great find. Weather is DEPRESSING!! i was the same with photos, lucky t get any done, stupid rain! xo

• June 6, 2012 / 7:51 pm

Of course, you're a red white and blue girl too, aren't you Rachel?!! Hope you had some sun this afternoon as well as us…? Thank you hon!! C xxo

3. June 6, 2012 / 4:26 pm

What a fun time you must have had celebrating. I watched from the US and was very jealous of all the partying. Love the outfits!

4. June 6, 2012 / 6:00 pm

Hi Catherine,
    Just did my second blog post about the Queen's Jubilee. You look great. I wish more people "made the effort" and waved a flag, or wore red, white and blue, or just appreciated the Queen's dedication to her people. You look awesome! I'm picking up a 40s theme/look?

Hope you have a chance to come over to my blog and check out my tribute/images/general trivia.

Cheers,
    Rosemary from http://www.foreveronthecatwalkoflife.com

• June 6, 2012 / 7:56 pm

I've been wearing my hair like this for a couple of weeks now, Rosemary, but I have remarked before how "land girls" I think it looks… so it added to the Jubilee/slightly fancy dress look I think! Thanks for your lovely comments, I'll pop over and take a look at your posts! C xx

5. June 6, 2012 / 7:53 pm

How amazingly fun are your nails….I rarely paint mine, but you may have inspired me:) Love the look…blue red and white are such dynamic colors together, no?

Hope you have a great week.
    C

• June 6, 2012 / 7:57 pm

Thanks so much, Carly – my sister rarely paints hers, and I think she may do them more after our matching red/white/blue mani!! Go for it with every colour under the sun I say!! C x

6. June 6, 2012 / 9:09 pm

Ohh I love this Catherine! Even though I'm now living in Canada, I'm inspired to do an American version on July 4th 🙂 Glad you enjoyed your time off.

Alana

• June 6, 2012 / 10:23 pm

Yes, do!! We spent July 4th 2011 in San Francisco… amazing celebrations, they were so much fun – I love patriotism :)) Thanks Alana xoxo

7. June 7, 2012 / 12:53 am

awesome outfit! Happy to find your blog as I am also a non-20-something blogger!

8. June 7, 2012 / 1:34 am

I absolutely love this outfit. I had been watching all of the concerts celebrating the jubilation ALL week! It's been awesome. I'm (surprisingly) a little bit british (my dad is half lebanese and half british, and mother is full lebanese). So my grandfather was LOVING it! Anyways, I went off on a tangent. Hope you have a great week!

A Southern Drawl

9. June 7, 2012 / 2:01 am

Navy, red & white look incredible together & it's pretty cool that they're the colours of the union jack too.

Seems like a time of great celebration over your side of the world right now

10. June 7, 2012 / 1:29 pm

You look so great! I love this outfit. The pants are so cool and they look great with the shirt and blazer.

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

11. June 7, 2012 / 4:08 pm

Such a marvelous weekend for Britain 🙂 And wasn't Kate's dress gorgeous…wish I could wear that! Love your pants, great vintage piece.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Enter my HANDBAG GIVEAWAY!!!!!!

• June 7, 2012 / 4:40 pm

Thanks Cambria for your lovely comment… I was actually really taken with the Queen's outfit on Sunday at the flotilla(?) thing on the river, I thought she looked wonderful!! xo

12. June 7, 2012 / 4:22 pm

Fantastic outfit. The flag colors are perfectly blended. And the nails? A great fun. Every day you get over it.

13. June 7, 2012 / 5:32 pm

thanks for stopping by! i'm followng you back now!

p.s LOOOVE the polish and i so wish i could pull off those pants like you do!

xxo!

14. June 7, 2012 / 11:48 pm

wow you're so cute!

just found your blog and love your aesthetic!

and hey guess what! i just started a new blog! i think i have some great ideas and i'd love if you could stop by and perhaps follow it, if you like! (i'm following you, of course!)

15. June 7, 2012 / 11:58 pm

Lovely color combo…what a great outfit for celebrating the special ocassion. You are a true blue fashionista…i like the red gingham shirt…they can't go wrong with blue pants. Great mix of accessories as always and cute matching nail colors too!

mongs