Autumnal Masculine Chic

Autumnal Masculine Chic

Autumnal Masculine Chic

Autumnal Masculine Chic

Autumnal Masculine Chic

Autumnal Masculine Chic

Autumnal Masculine Chic

Hello, my lovelies! So yep, I guess it’s Autumn for real now. And in celebration (though I’m personally not a fan of cold weather) I went all out on the colours of the season. With grey. And black…?!

I’m so glad to be wearing my tobacco brown sweater again, it was my go-to knitwear item last year and I think it’ll be the same again this autumn/winter. You know, despite my reluctance to let go of summer, deep down I do love layering, wool coats and leather gloves… it’s just the light evenings I miss!

But right now it’s the weekend, and the clocks haven’t gone back yet – so happy days :))

Sweater: ASOS*, Striped top: Primark, Scarf: Thrifted, Trousers: Next, Brogues: ASOS, Bag: Julien Macdonald at Debenhams, Watch: Jasper Conran at Debenhams, Earrings: Unknown, Bracelet: H&M

Shop my look! Items marked* are the actual item, if available:

Linking up to:

Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style
Monday Mingle at Glamamom
What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy

1. October 13, 2012 / 1:20 pm

I love the look of turned-up trousers with oxfords, and your bright scarf is the perfect touch. Lovely!

2. October 13, 2012 / 2:51 pm

i just love everything about this outfit!
    kudos of the styling
    brett

3. October 13, 2012 / 5:13 pm

Just got back from Liverpool – I almost bought a scarf like yours from Gap.
    Great outfit for this weather.

4. October 13, 2012 / 5:22 pm

i am on the hunt for the perfect man shoe.
    brown, black, blue suede? just waiting
    for the one to call out to me.

your outfit is adorable.

5. October 13, 2012 / 8:55 pm

Finally you have something on which is not my taste. Had to wait quite a while for that. Thought you were not human.
    This sweater is not my style, neither is your hairdo. But even then you remain a sparkling person.

• October 14, 2012 / 7:35 am

With "not human" I meant some sort of a super woman. English is not my native tongue, so sometimes things come out wrong.

6. October 13, 2012 / 10:21 pm

Perfect Fall look, m'dear! Really love the way you're playing the colors off the gray and black– and your hair is so cute!!

xoxo
    Remy

mydailythreads.blogspot.com

7. October 14, 2012 / 4:37 am

I just saw your blog on ASOS Fashion Finder and I am in loveeee!! You are so ridiculously cute. And we won't tell either of our husbands I said that. 😛 You have such an amazing quirkiness to your style. Feminine but with a vintage masculine feel. I love it. I'm so glad I found your blog, and I will be following you through all the social media channels. 🙂 <3

toni

• October 15, 2012 / 9:39 am

Oh Toni – what lovely comments!!! Thank you… I'll look you up too and drop by your blog to say hello – so nice to meet you! Catherine x

8. October 14, 2012 / 10:52 am

Love it, especially the brogues

9. October 14, 2012 / 5:19 pm

Catherne, this is such a nice autumnal look! I have to say that I'm glad the cold season has arrived (well, I like having seasons, if you see what I mean…) and while looking at my wardrobe last week, I realised that I have too much grey, so this FW will be about colour! You wear colours so well and I'll take some inspirations from you! BTW, the printed dress of your 40th birth party was beautiful!

10. October 14, 2012 / 9:11 pm

My dear I quite envy your fall weather today…here in Southern California it pushing 90 degrees here…still. I can not wait to don some layers myself!

You look ravishing in your Autumnal colors!

11. October 14, 2012 / 10:46 pm

You look so good in oxfordsI I love these and the light colored pair you wore recently. I was also charmed by your hair. It looks good on you and it's something different.

12. October 15, 2012 / 4:01 am

I just love your style. It's always so much fun, mixed with color and patterns. That scarf is stunning!

13. October 15, 2012 / 5:37 am

This outfit is absolutely beautiful! The colours, the textures, the shapes! And your hair, oh my, you know how much I like it… I smiled when I read the wod "autumnal", it's the first time I see it being used (ok, me being Greek and living in Germany, no wonder). Just lovely. 🙂

• October 15, 2012 / 11:05 am

Hmm it's funny – I know Americans call Autumn "Fall", but I've wondered what they use for "autumnal"… I assumed they call it the same?? Hopefully someone will tell me?!

Thank you Katherine, you're a sweetheart as always! xo

14. October 15, 2012 / 8:03 am

Gorgeous autumn colours! Great go-to sweater, and lovely patent shoes too. The photo of you in profile is beautiful, especially with this hairstyle.

15. October 15, 2012 / 9:56 am

I love your hair style so much, would love to know how to do this. Your sweater is perfect, and those shoes!

16. October 15, 2012 / 3:16 pm

Your style is so inspirational! I love the way you combine textures and colors. Beautiful. You have a committed new follower!
    Love for you to check out my blog as well.

peace&love, Jill
    Favor the Brave

17. October 15, 2012 / 6:02 pm

Love your hair! And the cuffed trousers with oxfords is such a cute and feminine touch! 😉

18. October 15, 2012 / 6:08 pm

I'm not a fan of cold weather either! I'm a fan of your braid though!

19. October 15, 2012 / 6:31 pm

This is a lovely outfit! Like the contrasting colours, the mannish pants and shoes.

20. October 15, 2012 / 11:44 pm

Oh.My.Goodness. This has to be one of my favorite outfits on you EVUH!!! Even with the gray and black, it's still every bit a cheerful fall ensemble. I am horribly jealous of that gorgeous scarf. What an amazing thrift find! Happy Monday, Catherine!!! ~Sarah

21. October 16, 2012 / 12:07 am

Great outfit! You are so skilled at putting unlikely colors together and making them look fantastic.
    Love the brogues!

22. October 16, 2012 / 12:24 am

You look wonderful! Your hair looks so pretty that way…if I tried to wear my hair like that, I'd look terrible. But on you it's just classically lovely.

I adore that scarf!

Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

23. October 16, 2012 / 3:34 pm

Adore the hair! And, I am a big fan of the "mannish" style. I often wear vintage men's shirts and then feminize the look with sparkly earrings, a ruffled jacket, etc. Just joined as a new follower 🙂

p.s. Americans do use "autumnal", and we use "autumn" and "fall" interchangeably.

24. October 19, 2012 / 10:27 pm

You are an original Catherine!