In my Best of the Blogosphere this month I have rose gold sequins, going braless, phasing out “anti-ageing”, elephant toothpaste – and more!
(In case you’ve not seen these posts before my Unmissable Reads are a monthly round-up of things I’ve seen, watched and liked in the blogosphere that I’m sure you’ll love too.)
It may the month that the blogosphere supposedly slows down for summer, but you know what? I think it’s better than ever. I have more links than usual, a whopping 17 brilliant reads for June… I love each and every one of these!
Do have a read of these great links – you never know who or what you might discover that makes your day/week/month!
WHAT LINKS DID YOU LIKE – AND HAVE YOU FOUND ANY FABULOUS NEW BLOGS TO FOLLOW? COMMENT BELOW…!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
1. I’ve always preferred my own term “optimum ageing” to the truly negative “anti ageing”, so I’m pleased to hear a new report recommends the heinous phrase is phased out.
2. If you need to know how to beat burnout and increase productivity then Marie’s common sense approach to taking smart breaks is for you.
3. As someone who has either been part of campaigns with a severe lack of diversity* or heard from others experiencing the same issues, I loved this list of 25 black female influencers you need to follow on Instagram by Kristabel.
4. The pollen count has been horrendous in the UK this summer and Liz has excellent tips for curing itchy, sore, hayfever eyes (my long-suffering husband has benefitted from her advice already).
5. Sharon discusses why life really does begin in your forties: “because women in their 40’s and beyond are kicking butt”. Hear hear.
6. After renovating her bathroom Sarah wonders if it will date in 30 years time like the one she ripped out did: is it future proof?
7. “The day my head fell off” is an absolutely hilarious story that Stacie’s other half wrote when he was eight or nine… swipe left to the sixth image to read it. LOLs guaranteed.
8. I’ve not done (or had) microneedling before but I’m very curious about it, so Michelle’s microneedling review is timely for me.
9. Watch a house being BLOWN UP with elephant toothpaste (yes, it’s as crazy as it sounds)!
10. Annette proves that 50-something women CAN look amazing in a logo t-shirt and sneakers.
11. High-profile influencer Lizzie discusses the drama she receives over her nipples when she goes braless.
12. Not a blog as such, but a very interesting report on the BBC website discussing whether Instagram stars are facing a brand backlash.
13. As a very beautiful but still very young model, Lily shares her experiences and tips for working with male photographers.
14. The white blouse of my dreams (those sleeves)!
15. From one basic (the white blouse) to a maximalist’s dream: a full-length, rose gold sequinned coat on – who else – the Sequinist.
16. As I’m moving soon I’m looking forward to all the greenery I’ll be buying for our new, much bigger and light-filled house, so I loved these 23 unique DIY planters (wait till you see how easy no. 23 is).
17. Pink and green go together beautifully in more than just interiors as proven by the very stylish Tiffany.
And a few Not Dressed As Lamb posts you perhaps missed first time around:
*Please note this is a few, definitely not all, campaigns I’ve been part of. The ones with great diversity have only highlighted the ones that were lacking all the more.
LIKE THIS POST? YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ MAY’S BEST OF THE BLOGOSPHERE!