It’s January 1st. That means one thing… time for my annual bloopers and outtakes post!
Keith, earlier this week: This will be the first year you won’t have published a bloopers and outtakes post, won’t it?
Me: You’re JOKING, right?! OF COURSE there’ll still be a bloopers and outtakes post! It’ll take more than a pandemic to stop THAT baby from going ahead, pal…
NOTHING – and I mean NOTHING – stops the annual bloopers and outtakes post. Nothing. Unless there were no bloopers, but the chances of that happening is kinda slim, amirite?
[Reading time: 3 mins]
Despite there being a lot fewer outtakes simply because I had a mini, rather half-arsed semi blog sabbatical during the main part of lockdown and The Year That Was 2020 (and therefore fewer outfit posts), there were still photos that shouldn’t see the light of day.
But just because they shouldn’t see the light of day, doesn’t mean they won’t, does it…?!
I’ll let you get on and take pleasure from my pain, the photos that prove it’s all smoke and mirrors (and often just a case of simply the right angle), as we wave a goodbye/good riddance and stick two fingers up to 2020 – and welcome in 2021 with open arms. This year I promise to produce better (or is that worse?) bloopers than ever before.
Happy New Year everyone!
Which blooper is your favourite? Tell me in the comments (and here’s wishing us all a much better 2021)!
Stay safe XOXO
My 2020 fashion blogger bloopers and outtakes
1. The one where I was afraid you’d see the top of my pop-socks
The dreaded pop-sock slippage! God forbid you see that those things have slipped all the way down to my ankles… Original post >>
2. The one where I was possessed by an invisible demon
Either possessed, or batting away something that made me (literally) need eyes in the back of my head. Original post >>
3. The one where I was lamenting the amount of food I ate at dinner
I never learn: the number of times I run out and do a photo shoot straight after dinner. The necessitation of tummy suckage is inevitable. Original post >>
4. The one where I possibly regretted my decision to bring back the bowler hat
Was this a mistake? Should the bowler hat stay or should it go? Can we pretend like it’s 2011 all over again? Original post >>
5. The one where I was more interested in what was “over there”
Whatever it was, it sure made me look (Keith ALWAYS misses these things, hence my LOOK, LOOK, OVER THERE! face). Original post >>
6. The one where I was just going to give up, because what’s the point
Probably the end of a long day and fading light, I seem to be losing the will to live. I was probably shouting at poor Keith =wince= Original post >>
7. The one where I fell asleep on the job
Not sure how as I seem to remember being FREEZING when I took my coat off, but that’s the face of someone who needs sleep. Original post >>
8. The one where I was Drunk Again
If I wasn’t asleep I was definitely doing my Hur hur gimme another glass of rosé face. Original post >>
9. The one where I was absentmindedly doing my chest exercises
Never mind photo shoots, a girl’s gotta get her exercising in whenever she can. Original post >>
10. The one where I was disgusted by it all
Now that’s a “Nope” face if ever I saw one. Original post >>
11. The one where I was even more disgusted by it all (and walked off)
I take it back: THIS is the ultimate “Nope” face. Plus mic-drop. Original post >>
12. The one where I tried to look as awful as humanely possible
The blank expression. The double chin. The weird hands thing. The terrible posture. It’s all here. Original post >>
13. The one where I was trying to understand the mechanics of my brain
Don’t mind me, just demonstrating how all the cogs and wheels of my noodle work. Original post >>
14. The one where I thought I’d hold my breath and scrunch up my face
Not breathing and screwing up one’s face does not a flattering expression make. Original post >>
15. The one where something about my scarf was absolutely horrifying
I don’t know what on earth could have been so utterly awful about my scarf, but it sure horrified me for some reason. Original post >>
16. The one where I realised my touch screen gloves weren’t touch screen at all
Swipe. Swipe. Swipe. Swipe – SWIPE, goddammit!! Original post >>
17. The one where it looked like I was trying to strangle the dog (I WASN’T!!)
Poor Suki was obviously not very happy about being coerced into having her photo taken (I don’t know who looks more awkward here). JUST LET ME OUT THE CAR AND WALK ME, WOMAN… Original post >>
Pin for later!
Linking up to… Monday: Inspire Me Monday, Ageless Style Linkup (first Monday of the month), My Glittery Heart, On Mondays We Link Up || Tuesday: Style With a Smile, Trend Spin/Walking in Memphis in High Heels, Turning Heads Tuesday, Spread the Kindness, Confident Twosday, Happy Now Blog Link Up || Wednesday: Style Me Wednesday, WowOnWednesday || Thursday: Chic & Stylish || Friday: Fancy Friday, On the Edge, Fabulous Friday, Fabulous Friday’s Link Up