One For The Boys: Bowler, Denim and Plaid

Bowler Hat, Denim and Plaid
Bowler Hat, Denim and Plaid
Bowler Hat, Denim and Plaid
A (super) casual weekend look – and I’m pleased that the weather’s cool enough to be able to wear my ASOS bowler hat again. I think I’d happily live in hats all year: a straw fedora for the summer; a bowler hat in the autumn; a woolly hat for the winter. With maybe a furry Cossack hat, a flat cap and a felt fedora (or two) also thrown in at some point for good measure. Hmm – I think I can sense an over indulgence in hat purchasing going on here…!!!

I was thinking today that I have to get on with some Christmas shopping rather than constantly thinking about stuff for me very soon. I’ve usually got most of it done by this point of the year, but I swear we’re racing towards December more quickly than ever before… where is the year going??

Hope you’re all well – and a special hello to all the lovely followers I’ve gained in the last week or two: please leave a comment to say hi if you haven’t already! I’d love to hear from you!

Happy Wednesday everyone 🙂

Bowler hat: ASOS*, Check shirt: River Island, Denim shirt: Topshop, Jeans: La Redoute, Wedges: ASOS*, Rings: ASOS*

Shop my look! Items marked* are the actual items, if still available:

Linking up to:

What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy
Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style

Monday Mingle at BonBon Rose Girls

1. November 14, 2012 / 3:16 pm

thx for the link to the hat. i like it better on you than on their model. i'm so glad to see more people wearing hats! 🙂

2. November 14, 2012 / 3:17 pm

Great look. I love the bowler hat though I'm not actually brave enough to wear one myself… Well, maybe one day…

3. November 14, 2012 / 4:10 pm

I love this look Catherine, and you are so lucky to look good in hats! They don't usually suit me, plus my hair is very fine so if I do wear one I end up with flat hair! I have one hat that I only wear on extremely cold winter days, plus I have worn a light straw hat in summer.

By the way, I have just done my own version of "My style through the years" and gave a link to your blog. Hope that you don't mind!

• November 17, 2012 / 1:35 pm

Thank you Sue – and I've checked it out, what a great post! I think all bloggers should do one, it's such a lovely insight into your fave bloggers :))

4. November 14, 2012 / 4:22 pm

Love, love the hat!

• November 17, 2012 / 1:53 pm

That's so funny that you think I look feminine, Sue – I think I look the opposite (but not in a bad way)…! Thank you for saying so, that's really sweet of you! xo

5. November 14, 2012 / 6:19 pm

Nicely done. I even love the ring and nail polish. cool.

6. November 14, 2012 / 9:59 pm

Catherine I love this look. The combination of the two shirts with the boyfriend jeans looks great and I love how those amazing wedges contrast those casual tones and that hat is such great twist. Can't beat Asos for a good bowler hat 😀

Take care,

• November 17, 2012 / 2:27 pm

Yep, ASOS is the best! I'm after a grey bowler now… my hat obsession knows no ends 😉 Thanks Daniella sweetie xoxo

7. November 14, 2012 / 11:52 pm

I love how you paired the boyfriend jeans with the tights and wedges. Great inspiration for me. I also love the hat, I wish I could wear them more.

:)Carrie

8. November 15, 2012 / 12:48 am

I recently took inventory of my hat collection and it's quite extensive… so I guess I share your love of headwear! And that bowler is darling, it adds a bit of whimsy to your grunge rocker gone chic look!!! ~Sarah

9. November 15, 2012 / 2:16 am

I am so excited about hats, and this one is gorgeous on you! I love how your dark tights and shoes together with dark hat ground the outfit. Marvellous! xo

10. November 16, 2012 / 10:04 am

Hi Catherine!! Check out my blog later… I have a surprise for you 🙂

Aminta

11. November 18, 2012 / 7:41 pm

Lovely bowler hat. I remembered I have a real original top hat. One of these chimney like hats. Just need the necessary courage to put it on my head and face the world.
    Greetje

12. November 19, 2012 / 7:24 pm

What lipstick are you wearing?