Outfit for an Autumn Walk and Lunch | Long Striped Blazer and FitFlop Shoes

Grey striped blazer with loose fit pants
I really hate to admit that I’m embracing my autumnal wardrobe, but I am. This was one of those outfits that was the ultimate in practicality: I got it spot-on for temperature, occasion and style. We had a weekend away in Twickenham with friends, so I had that problem of making a decision of what to wear in advance, with no way to go back in and change like you do at home….!

Firstly, the grey striped blazer: an ingenious and very versatile piece. I’m not sure I’ve seen a long-line blazer before, but this one really works (the stripes and the cut are perfect). It added the warmth of a long cardigan but it smartened my outfit instead of making it look sloppy which knitwear sometimes does. Secondly, my choice of footwear had to be suitable for a walk into Richmond for a pub lunch, so I went with my new FitFlop Nubuck shoes which are the most gorgeous autumnal khaki colour. I’ve wanted to try FitFlop shoes for ages – and these did not disappoint. Crazy comfy, no rubbing, great colour, smarter than trainers… I can highly recommend them.

As usual with me I added a couple of great accessories – my current favourite statement piece that is the Accessorize camera bag and a big chunky crystal necklace (sadly no longer available) from Anna Lou of London. I had comfy feet, enough room for a pub lunch thanks to my loose-fit trousers and I was perfect temperature-wise: I was winning 100% that day as far as I was concerned…!

Do you have many of those days when your outfit was absolutely perfect for the occasion, the weather, the activity?

Grey striped blazer with loose fit pants
Grey striped blazer with loose fit pants
Loose fit pants and army green lace ups
Grey striped blazer with loose fit pants
TwitterFacebookBloglovinInstagramGoogle PlusPinterest
P.S. I’ve worn these trousers several times over the blogging years, see here, here and here!

Blazer: c/o Gemini Woman, Sweater: La Redoute, Trousers: Asos (I like these ones), Shoes: FitFlops c/o Shoetique, Bag: Accessorize, Necklace: c/o Anna Lou of London (similar), Nails: Maybelline Gel Nail Colour Divine Wine 265

Linking up to: Visible Monday, Let It Shine, Share in Style, Monday Mingle, Style Sessions, Trend Spin Link-Up, What I Wore Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Passion for Fashion Friday, Friday’s Fab Favourites

1. October 24, 2014 / 2:47 pm

Love the long blazer! Actually I like anything grey!! When I'm packing for a weekend trip the one thing I'm always concerned about is the weather. I just don't like feeling cold!!
    Anna

• October 24, 2014 / 4:51 pm

I'm with you on the weather, Anna!! It's why I find packing and usually end up taking so much. Thank goodness the weather did what they said it would do when we took these photos – it was actually dry even though we were told wet – I'd taken an umbrella that wasn't needed! Thank you hun x

2. October 24, 2014 / 6:57 pm

That blazer is fab – I could really use a similar for NYC next week. You wear it beautifully, xo.

• October 27, 2014 / 11:07 pm

Hope you have a wonderful time, Patti – and thank you!

3. October 25, 2014 / 7:37 am

I love the colour combination, Catherine!
    The area around Twickenham and Richmond is beautiful, I once went to the theatre in Richmond and there is a lovely pub around the corner. I am going back to London on 5th November, any chance you'll be in the area?

xo
    Annette | Lady of Style

• October 27, 2014 / 11:08 pm

I'm afraid not, Annette – I'll be at the other end of the country in Cornwall! But do keep telling me your dates of when you're visiting, we'll hook up eventually I promise xx

4. October 25, 2014 / 1:20 pm

Hi Catherine, I'm loving the wine and grey combination. But, love, love the camera handbag!!!

5. October 25, 2014 / 1:50 pm

The colours and that Blazer, what a smart piece. I love those pants, loved them the first time I saw you wear them. Great look Catherine

• October 27, 2014 / 11:09 pm

Wow you have a great memory Linda – I hadn't worn them in a while! Thank you so much, I'm glad you love the blazer as much as I do :))

6. October 25, 2014 / 3:47 pm

I love all the long blazers and sweaters this season. Really love those pants/trousers as well. Hmmm…makes me think I should haul out a pair of burgundy cords I haven't worn for a couple of years. What a great feeling to be comfortable AND feel like your dressed just right!

• October 27, 2014 / 11:10 pm

Burgundy cords sound sooooo great for autumn, Susan!! Thank you for your lovely comments xx

7. October 25, 2014 / 7:20 pm

Those shoes look jolly useful! I keep trying (and failing) to buy comfy sneakers. I got a pair on holiday in Belfast but I just don't like them (and they rub a bit on my toes). The search continues…

• October 27, 2014 / 11:11 pm

I had absolutely not the tiniest bit of rubbing, Eleanor with these FitFlop shoes – and it was a fair old walk! They're currently my go-to comfy/smart shoes…!

8. October 26, 2014 / 11:40 pm

I am loving the longer length blazer Catherine! The colour and striped print looks great with the burgundy high waist trousers. Another beautifully styled look 🙂

Take care,

• October 27, 2014 / 11:12 pm

Thank you Jenny – I love how a statement necklace adds that special something to any outfit…!

9. October 30, 2014 / 3:26 pm

Practicality is a huge issue for my right now so that is why I love your style here Catherine. And your photos are always such a treat! Love the contrast grey coat creates with your hair. xo Sabina @Oceanblue Style

• November 12, 2014 / 8:23 pm

I love the coat/blazer thing it's got going on too, Monika! It's such a great piece, thank you x