Mixing Summer Florals & Colour Blocking

Floral chinos, colour blocked shirt & two-tone brogues
Floral chinos & colour blocked shirt
Floral chinos, colour blocked shirt & two-tone brogues
Floral chinos & two-tone brogues
Although the summer has now (finally) arrived in the UK this week, it certainly hadn’t when I took these pictures – I was so desperate however to wear something other than sweaters and lots of layers that day I threw caution to the wind and broke out the florals and colour blocking. Luckily I was inside for most of it (lunch at my parents’ house), but for the squillionth time in the last 12 months the wind made outfit photos… challenging, shall we say. The sunglasses were more to stop my eyes watering from the biting wind, and the two-tone brogues are the latest addition to my ever growing collection. Must. Stop. Buying. Brogues…!

Happy Thursday everyone 🙂

FACEBOOKBLOGLOVINTWITTERINSTAGRAM

Shop my look! Items marked* are the actual items, if still available:

Shirt: Topshop, Chinos: Marks & Spencer, Brogues: Debenhams*, Sunglasses: Asos, Belt: Unknown, Earrings: New Look, Watch: Asos, Chevron rings: Asos, Nails: Revlon Pink Lingerie*

Linking up to: Share Your Style SaturdaysVisible MondayMonday BloomMonday MingleCreative MondaysYolo MondaysWardrobe WednesdaysWhat I Wore Wednesday

1. June 6, 2013 / 2:31 pm

I love this look. Super comfy and chic at the same time.

• June 11, 2013 / 7:36 pm

Superb and unique stretchable trousers, and Nice shirt… The quality of the shirt outstanding for a shirt its such a low price. The fit good and cut was excellent, and the shirt feels great to wear. The product was perfect for my needs. thanks for the great stuff…

2. June 6, 2013 / 3:22 pm

So beautiful style!
    I love the oufit !

• June 10, 2013 / 10:07 am

Thanks Nancy… I am pretty pleased with my new additions…!

3. June 6, 2013 / 6:18 pm

I like looking at the floral trend but I feel like it's going to be so short lived that I can't bring myself to buy any of it. You look great as usual and I love your shoes.

Closet Refreshment

• June 10, 2013 / 10:09 am

I actually bought these last year, Jen – so that's at least two years wear out of them. Surely florals are in every spring… or is that just me?!! Heehee, thank you for your lovely comments x

4. June 6, 2013 / 6:56 pm

I like the combination of the florals with the color blocked top. It's not one I would have thought to put together, but it's great.

• June 10, 2013 / 10:11 am

I know, Gracey, I know – I'm a sartorial genius. It's tough being this talented.

;)))

(I hope everyone knows I'm TOTALLY joking.)

• June 10, 2013 / 10:12 am

Imagine how pleased I was to get them out of my summer clothes box – I forgot I had them!! Thanks sweetie x

5. June 6, 2013 / 8:43 pm

Fabulous trousers! Can one have too many wonderful brogues?

6. June 6, 2013 / 9:21 pm

I love your shirt Catherine and those new brogues of yours of pretty amazing! Wonderful look lovely 🙂

Take care and enjoy this lovely weather we've been having,

• June 10, 2013 / 10:13 am

OMG I'm going bonkers for the weather, D!!! Thanks my lovely x

7. June 7, 2013 / 12:24 am

The two tone brogues are amazing. I love them.

8. June 7, 2013 / 1:31 am

Catherine, Here's the thing. Brogues are very hot right now. Eventually they will fall out of favor with the masses and then you won't find so many AWEsome designs. So you really must continue to buy any and all brogues that make your heart go pitter patter. Just sayin'. 🙂

Awesome look today. Love it!

Sue xo

• June 10, 2013 / 10:23 am

Sue – that's perfect justification for buying lots of brogues. I shall go tell my husband… thank you!! 😉

9. June 7, 2013 / 1:37 am

I was going to say how great the sunnies are, but then the shirt was great, and the belt was great too…. I love it all.

Macie,
    Amen Fashion †

10. June 7, 2013 / 11:31 am

Lovely styled combination. I recognize everything you went through. Probbly all bloggers will haha.
    You look skinny. Are you losing weighht?

• June 10, 2013 / 10:29 am

Yep – wind is not a bloggers friend, Greetje!!! I haven't lost weight, or not recently at least – I've been about the same since New Year when I did get trim and back to my ideal weight. Like you I have VERY long, skinny arms – while we were taking the pics my husband said the wind was blowing the shirt against me so hard it looked like I was vacuum packed, haha! So with my bony upper body that would make me look thinner 🙁

Thank you for your lovely comments as always x

• June 16, 2013 / 10:34 am

Stilll… It is not so bad to have long bony arms haha,
      And you are welcome. I still admire your styling skills.

11. June 8, 2013 / 12:59 pm

Yes! This is your best outfit yet!

• June 10, 2013 / 10:31 am

Oh Jade that's so lovely of you, thanks sweetie!! (Think that's the first "you look lush" I've had!)

12. June 11, 2013 / 6:55 pm

Love me some pinks and corals and navy … just doesn't get any more contemporary of any more fun. Looking great here … sorry for the watery eyes. You look pretty as always.

13. June 11, 2013 / 8:14 pm

Love this look Catherine, your chinos and shoes are great 🙂

thanks for linking up 🙂

• June 16, 2013 / 9:28 pm

Thanks again for linking up 🙂 featuring and pinning this week …