Greys and purples with my wedding shoes

Hello lovely readers! Yes these are my wedding shoes, I’ve worn my wedding trousers a few times on the blog and just hadn’t worn the shoes for ages. You can’t see but they’re wedges, and very comfortable too thank goodness 🙂

This is what I wore on yet another cold grey day this summer (summer?! To the cold wet weather: will you please just END already??). I took grey days as inspiration but added bright pops of purple, lilac, pink and orange. I love this colour combo, it’s a nice alternative to traditional summer colours; however I think I was more than a little influenced by this outfit I Pinned of Kim at eat.sleep.wear…!

Oh and the third pic was taken just after the Red Arrows flew over – Mr. Summers tried to get them in the shot but of course they were way too fast for him to change the camera settings in time. So he just photographed my reaction instead: Great hair action, mister!

Happy Friday to you all and have a fabulous weekend!!

Shirt dress: H&M similar save similar splurge, Scarf: ASOS similar save similar splurge, Trousers: ASOS, Shoes: Unknown, Belt: New Look, Feather hairband: Accessorize similar, Bracelets L-R: ASOS / ASOS / Debenhams, Watches: Debenhams, Rings L-R: ASOS / H&M / H&M, Nails: Models Own Hedkandi Beach Party HK01 similar

Linking up to:

Monday Mingle at Glamamom

1. June 15, 2012 / 1:35 pm

Great outfit – just adore the colour mix! Helped brighten up an otherwise wet and miserable day! Have a great weekend, Avril x

• June 16, 2012 / 9:30 pm

Oh my goodness it is remarkably similar, Kasmira! Strangely I wore mine last year with brown boots… you are obviously having a huge influence on me!! C xx

2. June 15, 2012 / 4:48 pm

Aw sorry about all your bummer gray days 🙁 But this is a really fun outfit…those shoes of course are drop dead gorgeous, and I love those lavendar pants!

<3 Cambria

3. June 15, 2012 / 6:04 pm

It's reassuring to know that it isn't just gray and raining in Vancouver! You look great, as usual.

• June 16, 2012 / 9:33 pm

I can't remember what the sun looks like, Royo… I hope your weather is improving, sorry to hear you have it too! Thanks hon xx

4. June 15, 2012 / 6:33 pm

You pulled off those pants so fantastically! I love them…they're totally not something I would usually love…strange 🙂

Natasha ~

5. June 15, 2012 / 10:06 pm

You always put together such fantastic color combinations! And those trousers look so comfy – they look like something I would wear to lounge around the house in. But don't worry, you've made them look stylish!

6. June 16, 2012 / 9:19 am

Another gorgeous colour combo Catherine!

I love that you're wearing your wedding shoes and that you got married in trousers xo

7. June 16, 2012 / 11:00 pm

These colours are so beautiful – and the dress really suits your figure! The weather is even worse in Denmark – can you believe it? There's just no occasion to wear sandals or summer dresses – depressing!

8. June 17, 2012 / 2:54 am

Beautiful shoes and outfit! I love the colours, especially the lovely purple butterfly belt. You look stunning and happy. Enjoy your weekend dear. xxoo

9. June 20, 2012 / 2:14 pm

i've been super bogged down lately and missed 3 of your posts, nice thing is i get to see 3 fab outfits now! Love this! you make grey look great! and ive been looking for a belt like that for a while, they remind me of the 80's! :)xx

• June 21, 2012 / 11:54 am

Thanks Rachel my lovely… try eBay, I have three more like it but they (unlike this one) are vintage – there was a specific style/brand that was popular in the 80s and they seem to be sold quite often on eBay! xoxo