Snakeskin and coral

My lovely mum brought me back this summery white top from her holiday in Australia. Although the weather just hasn’t been warm enough (for long enough) to wear it loose with the lovely lace edging out, I thought I would just layer it up and save the reveal of the edging for a proper summer’s day. (Might be a long wait.)

I’ve named my trousers my “blue balloon pants” – they’re light and a lovely soft brushed cotton from good ol’ ASOS – perfect for summer (and pseudo-summer) days. The weather may stop me wearing light summer clothing, but it can’t stop this one-man colour machine. There ain’t NO weather front that can do that 😉

Happy Sunday everyone – hope you’re all enjoying a nice weekend! Oh and come back on Tuesday for a round up of my favourite spring outfits from the last few months!

Cardigan: La Redoute, Coral tank: F+F at Tesco, White tank: Gift from my mum, Trousers: ASOS, Belt: La Redoute, Heels: Debenhams similar, Flower brooch: F+F at Tesco, Spike bracelet: ASOS similar, Watch: Jasper Conran at Debenhams, Rings: ASOS / H&M, Nails: Nails Inc Bluebell (free with InStyle magazine) similarToenails: Barry M Cyan Blue

1. June 17, 2012 / 2:09 pm

Always glorious, dear catherine.
    Have a grand Sunday.

2. June 17, 2012 / 3:46 pm

"one man color machine" = so true and so delightful!

3. June 17, 2012 / 7:40 pm

I love this look sweetie!!! Those blue trousers are amazing,love how they look with the colours. The layering on top is perfect and i loveee your shoes,i myself having looking for a pair of snakeskin,printed heels. 🙂

Take care,Daniella xox

4. June 17, 2012 / 8:03 pm

Your trousers are the same colour as my new bag! I'll have to try your colour combination with it, it's beautiful!

5. June 18, 2012 / 6:16 am

I love your shoes & the hot pink stripes!

Where did she go in Australia?

• June 19, 2012 / 10:12 pm

Thanks Julia!! My parents went to see my sister and her family in Canberra as they usually do every couple of years… half my family emigrated to Australia years and years ago! C xoxo

6. June 18, 2012 / 6:59 pm

The fit of these pants is fantastic…I'm ALL over the bright cobalt too! They might need to find their way to my closet 🙂 Although I did just find a pair of vintage 80s navy pants with a fun little white pattern that have a high waist and skinny ankles like this. So maybe I should just go style those!

<3 Cambria

• June 19, 2012 / 10:14 pm

Oooh your 80s pants sound fabulous, Cambria, I look forward to seeing you styling them! Thanks for your comment, sweetie! x

7. June 18, 2012 / 11:56 pm

You look fab on those royal blue pants! I'm on the hunt for a great pair! 🙂 Also love the flower brooch! Love your blog & thanks for stopping by mine! You take beautiful pictures and I would have never guessed you are turning 40 soon!

• June 19, 2012 / 10:16 pm

Wow what wonderful comments, Tunde, thank you (so flattering!!)… and thanks so much for the follow: welcome to my blog! It's nice to meet you, hope to see you back again soon! C xo