I firstly wanted to say that last week I had the highest number of link ups ever on either a #SaturdayShareLinkUp or an #iwillwearwhatilike link up – thank you! And if you’re one of the new linkees then welcome, it’s great to have you 🙂
Last week I talked about how the mere act of just DOING can inspire others, and I loved the knock-on effect that the post had (which was the actual subject matter itself – is that life imitating art?). You inspire others to do things, they do things, they inspire others to do things, and so on. However this week I decided to talk about things I do that others may consider as weird, though I’m pretty sure bloggers – especially fashion bloggers – won’t find them strange at all…
You know what I’m talking about, all you fashion bloggers reading this!
So here’s a fun list of stuff I do that’s just a bit weird. They may apply to some bloggers, not necessarily all, but I’m sure most will at least relate to some of them at least.
And if you’re thinking of starting a blog: Take advice from last week’s post about “just doing”, and then heed the behaviour that you may find yourself doing eventually (Instagram tends to rule our lives)… You have been warned!!
(Please note: This is merely a fun post, please do not take any of these things too seriously… my life isn’t really ruled by my blog as much as it appears. Much.)
Weird things I do as a fashion blogger
1. I’m a whizz at getting changed in the car to shoot more than one outfit post when “on location” – you have to shoot outfits at the most convenient times and sometimes that means all in one afternoon.
2. I recreate outfits I’ve already worn a day or two or even weeks later, or sometimes a day or two early for an outfit I’m planning to wear, because “on the day” wasn’t convenient to shoot (or I didn’t have a photographer).
3. We often incorporate walking the dog with outfit shoots, so I wear the outfit with sneakers and take heels to change into. I’m often on country paths and lanes and changing in and out of heels while holding onto gates into fields or similar.
4. With every single thing I do I think, Can I put this on Instagram Stories? Can I quickly get it on Stories and is the WiFi strong enough here to do it?
5. I’m always worrying about whether that chipped nail polish will be visible in my Instagram Stories… Do I repaint them? Will anyone care?
6. I can get a little disappointed when a brand sends me a gifted item that doesn’t come in packaging that’s pretty enough for an “unboxing on Stories” story.
I HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CHOOSE WHICH RESTAURANT OR CAFÉ WE GO TO BASED ON HOW INSTAGRAMMABLE IT IS.
7. I have been known to choose which restaurant or café we go to based on how Instagrammable it is. And then choose a TABLE based on its Instagrammableness. I don’t obsess over it [=ahem= much], but I do get excited when it’s just right (i.e. a marble table by the window).
8. I DO obsess over the weather report and whether it will be a good day to shoot an outfit.
9. I do tend to carry the DSLR everywhere, just in case a photo opportunity arises. I’m always jumping out the car just before driving off to somewhere realising I’ve left the camera indoors.
10. I obsess over whether we have a spare battery and memory card for the DSLR. I ask the husband 10 times whether he has the camera and whether the spare battery is charged and in the case.
11. I have become very good at walking slowly [towards the camera] to get that perfect shot. My technique of walking “naturally” is spot-on.
12. Everywhere we go, and everything I see on TV, I check for locations in the background in terms of their suitability for a photo shoot. I’m constantly thinking, could we go there? What will the light be like? Is there somewhere we can shoot with not a lot of foot traffic…?
WHAT ARE THE WEIRD THINGS YOU DO – EITHER AS A BLOGGER OR IN YOUR DAILY LIFE/WORK/HOBBY – THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE? TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS OR TWEET ME @NOTLAMB!
– DON’T MISS A SINGLE POST –
Enter your email address in the box below and you’ll be sent an email every time I publish something new!
So all that’s left to say is – I’ve shared my thoughts/stories/tuppence-worth this week, now it’s time to share yours… LET’S GET THIS [LINK UP] PARTY STARTED!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Thank you for joining the #SaturdayShareLinkUp! Designed to allow you to share anything you like on ANY topic, it goes live every Friday at about 8pm UK time and will stay open for a week. You can share blog posts or Instagram posts, old posts or new posts, and link up as many as you like.
PLEASE be kind and leave a link somewhere on your post, and share your post using the hashtag #SaturdayShareLinkUp – if you tweet your link with the hashtag and tag me in @notlamb I’ll even retweet it to my followers for you 🙂
A hot tip for linking up:
Use clear, bright images (crop in close if necessary) and add a relevant, descriptive title (you’ve got 75 characters to use). These sorts of thumbnails and text always get the most clicks, so don’t waste the opportunity to increase traffic and engagement on your best work!
LIKE THIS POST? YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ…
Linking up to: Brilliant Blog Posts