12 Weird Things That Fashion Bloggers Do (That Only Bloggers Understand) #SaturdayShareLinkUp

12 Weird Things That Fashion Bloggers Do (That Only Bloggers Understand)

I firstly wanted to say that last week I had the highest number of link ups ever on either a #SaturdayShareLinkUp or an #iwillwearwhatilike link up – thank you! And if you’re one of the new linkees then welcome, it’s great to have you 🙂

Last week I talked about how the mere act of just DOING can inspire others, and I loved the knock-on effect that the post had (which was the actual subject matter itself – is that life imitating art?). You inspire others to do things, they do things, they inspire others to do things, and so on. However this week I decided to talk about things I do that others may consider as weird, though I’m pretty sure bloggers – especially fashion bloggers – won’t find them strange at all…

You know what I’m talking about, all you fashion bloggers reading this!

So here’s a fun list of stuff I do that’s just a bit weird. They may apply to some bloggers, not necessarily all, but I’m sure most will at least relate to some of them at least.

And if you’re thinking of starting a blog: Take advice from last week’s post about “just doing”, and then heed the behaviour that you may find yourself doing eventually (Instagram tends to rule our lives)… You have been warned!!

(Please note: This is merely a fun post, please do not take any of these things too seriously… my life isn’t really ruled by my blog as much as it appears. Much.)

Weird things I do as a fashion blogger

1. I’m a whizz at getting changed in the car to shoot more than one outfit post when “on location” – you have to shoot outfits at the most convenient times and sometimes that means all in one afternoon.

2. I recreate outfits I’ve already worn a day or two or even weeks later, or sometimes a day or two early for an outfit I’m planning to wear, because “on the day” wasn’t convenient to shoot (or I didn’t have a photographer).

3. We often incorporate walking the dog with outfit shoots, so I wear the outfit with sneakers and take heels to change into. I’m often on country paths and lanes and changing in and out of heels while holding onto gates into fields or similar.

4. With every single thing I do I think, Can I put this on Instagram Stories? Can I quickly get it on Stories and is the WiFi strong enough here to do it?

5. I’m always worrying about whether that chipped nail polish will be visible in my Instagram Stories… Do I repaint them? Will anyone care?

6. I can get a little disappointed when a brand sends me a gifted item that doesn’t come in packaging that’s pretty enough for an “unboxing on Stories” story.

I HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CHOOSE WHICH RESTAURANT OR CAFÉ WE GO TO BASED ON HOW INSTAGRAMMABLE IT IS.

7. I have been known to choose which restaurant or café we go to based on how Instagrammable it is. And then choose a TABLE based on its Instagrammableness. I don’t obsess over it [=ahem= much], but I do get excited when it’s just right (i.e. a marble table by the window).

8. I DO obsess over the weather report and whether it will be a good day to shoot an outfit.

9. I do tend to carry the DSLR everywhere, just in case a photo opportunity arises. I’m always jumping out the car just before driving off to somewhere realising I’ve left the camera indoors.

10. I obsess over whether we have a spare battery and memory card for the DSLR. I ask the husband 10 times whether he has the camera and whether the spare battery is charged and in the case.

11. I have become very good at walking slowly [towards the camera] to get that perfect shot. My technique of walking “naturally” is spot-on.

12. Everywhere we go, and everything I see on TV, I check for locations in the background in terms of their suitability for a photo shoot. I’m constantly thinking, could we go there? What will the light be like? Is there somewhere we can shoot with not a lot of foot traffic…?

WHAT ARE THE WEIRD THINGS YOU DO – EITHER AS A BLOGGER OR IN YOUR DAILY LIFE/WORK/HOBBY – THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE? TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS OR TWEET ME @NOTLAMB!

12 Weird Things That Fashion Bloggers Do (That Only Bloggers Understand)  | Not Dressed As Lamb

– DON’T MISS A SINGLE POST –

Enter your email address in the box below and you’ll be sent an email every time I publish something new!

So all that’s left to say is – I’ve shared my thoughts/stories/tuppence-worth this week, now it’s time to share yours… LET’S GET THIS [LINK UP] PARTY STARTED!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thank you for joining the #SaturdayShareLinkUp! Designed to allow you to share anything you like on ANY topic, it goes live every Friday at about 8pm UK time and will stay open for a week. You can share blog posts or Instagram posts, old posts or new posts, and link up as many as you like.

PLEASE be kind and leave a link somewhere on your post, and share your post using the hashtag #SaturdayShareLinkUp – if you tweet your link with the hashtag and tag me in @notlamb I’ll even retweet it to my followers for you 🙂

A hot tip for linking up:

Use clear, bright images (crop in close if necessary) and add a relevant, descriptive title (you’ve got 75 characters to use). These sorts of thumbnails and text always get the most clicks, so don’t waste the opportunity to increase traffic and engagement on your best work!

An InLinkz Link-up

Catherine

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | YOUTUBE | NEWSLETTER | RSS

LIKE THIS POST? YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ…

How the Mere Act of Just DOING Can Inspire Others

7 Things You Must Do When Accepting Freebies As a Blogger

Linking up to: Brilliant Blog Posts

1. June 19, 2018 / 1:52 pm

I am so glad to hear you say most of these things!! I feel like I look at our surroundings so much differently now than I did before blogging!! It’s all about the back drop and would it work for an outfit photo!! Kinda sad, kinda funny!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

2. July 23, 2017 / 11:56 am

Funny and recognisable. I do this too, but far less as my husband isn't much into this. I am lucky he shoots my outfits as he has a good eye for backgrounds and the right photo (far better than me). You have to love Keith even more for putting up with all this haha.
    Greetje

3. July 22, 2017 / 11:36 am

Catherine,

What perfect timing!
    I just returned from France and I must say I was way too aware of the fashionistas on the streets of Paris!
    Groups of them in museums, in front of the Arc de Triomphe, Versailles all
    PUSHING their way to find a mirror, or in front of art (we were trying to photograph)and making hand signals. I found it hilarious, our tour guides, not so much.

4. July 20, 2017 / 8:07 pm

I just have to say…I laughed WAY TOO HARD reading these. You are indeed not alone in these quirks. I so enjoyed reading these and have only just found your blog. I'll be sticking around that's for sure! xo

5. July 17, 2017 / 9:40 pm

Love this and relate. I'm always hunting out a vibrant wall or pretty background and working out whether they'd work with my outfit! Love that you multi task with a dog walk too xx

6. July 17, 2017 / 3:29 am

Thanks for hosting and that is too funny. I am not a fashion blogger but I do some weird things that drive people crazy with places I go.

7. July 16, 2017 / 6:16 pm

I got a serious case of the giggles reading this post. It made me realize what a lousy fashion blogger I am. It also brought to mind that I wanted to take a photo of my outfit NEXT to the coffin of my father-in-law last week when we were at his funeral in St. Tropez. I didn't because it would have been so utterly inappropriate but it would have been a great fashion statement!!

8. July 16, 2017 / 2:42 pm

Yup, I can relate! We wanted to visit a new-to-us winery when we were on vacation and ended up picking a winery solely on the picturesque setting. Luckily, the wine turned out to be good, too! 😉

9. July 16, 2017 / 6:51 am

Oh, so funny and true! I do relate to most of these things.

10. July 15, 2017 / 9:32 pm

Great photo. Very Bob Fosse….jazz hands! I realized while trying to organize the last few years worth of posts into something more searchable that I almost always am looking to my right in my photos. It's true that you really do sort of fall into what works!

11. July 15, 2017 / 7:16 pm

Ahaha I can relate to the "walking slowly towards the camera". I think I've become pretty good at it as well. Just got a bit rusty during my blogging break. By the way, that pose is awesome 😉

Alex – Funky Jungle

12. July 15, 2017 / 6:22 pm

Life as a blogger is interesting to say the least! I get super disappointed when I wear a cute outfit and never photograph it! In fact, today, I have restyled a cute outfit that didn't get photographed the last time I wore it. And here I am again….looking all cute…and no pictures. At this point in the day, I am all sweaty and wrinkled and have missed the opportunity again! I get upset when a gifted item for a blog post doesn't fit! That's every blogger's nightmare, isn't it? And since I have started my #SpreadTheKindness initiative and have been writing weekly posts about small local businesses, I often don't take adequate pictures because I go somewhere, the service is fabulous, and I decide after the fact to write a post. Alas, no photos! But I do my best. As we all do. Thanks for another fun post and link up!

Shelbee

13. July 15, 2017 / 4:47 pm

Here is another one: Freeze the but off at -40C in an "indoor" outfit outside. LOL.

14. July 15, 2017 / 12:04 pm

I can relate to almost all of these, but number 2 especially resonates with me!

15. July 15, 2017 / 9:00 am

Congratulations on your amazing figures Catherine, you legend!
    Doing weird stuff on a shoot is par for the course for me since I shoot with a tripod & remote control. Just nonchalantly fake walking in shot whilst smiling to my imaginary friend is pretty cray cray Hahahahaha

16. July 15, 2017 / 9:00 am

Congratulations on your amazing figures Catherine, you legend!

17. July 15, 2017 / 8:45 am

Yes most of those things! And as someone who often takes pictures in the garden, "garden prep" is something I do before a shoot. Getting rid of unsightly items like washing on the line, cleaning the bird feeders and brushing up leaves. The garden has never looked so tidy!

18. July 15, 2017 / 8:38 am

Yep, I do most of these things! This made me laugh this morning, I'll be chuckling about it throughout the day! Jacqui
    mummabstylish

19. July 15, 2017 / 7:07 am

Wow! What a lot of work! I love it when people are that dedicated!

20. July 15, 2017 / 6:59 am

I loved this post. I had a big smile on my face. My family have become afraid to eat until they get a nod from me that I have taken a photo of their plate! I've become good at snapping special moments and they have become very good at ignoring me, so the result is pretty natural. I can't remember the last time I didn't have my Sony strap over my shoulder!

21. July 15, 2017 / 12:04 am

I also do restaurant reviews, so I try to sit at tables where I can take good photos of my food and I hate to eat at a restaurant I've already reviewed – always looking for new ones!

22. July 14, 2017 / 10:57 pm

You've got me laughing so this must mean I fall into the fashion blogging life.

23. July 14, 2017 / 9:30 pm

I've ad a good chuckle at this! I do nearly all these things! I can't quite get that blogger walk right though! And I don't seem to get to watch much TV anymore! Have a great weekend xx

24. July 14, 2017 / 9:29 pm

Yes, to looking at everything as a potential shot for the blog…or as potential background for a shot. And on our last canoe trip my poor husband was desperately trying to back paddle to hold the canoe steady while I took the perfect shot of a beaver dam! But I haven't done many on location fashion shoots yet. Too chicken, I guess.
    P.S. I remember that pink sweater with the tan pants… still one of my favourite outfits of yours.

25. July 14, 2017 / 9:27 pm

I am so glad to hear you say most of these things!! I feel like I look at our surroundings so much differently now than I did before blogging!! It's all about the back drop and would it work for an outfit photo!! Kinda sad, kinda funny!!
    XOXO