My readers have come through for me yet again – with your help I’ve been shortlisted for a third time in the UK Blog Awards!
Just a very quick post today to say a huge, huge THANK YOU for voting for me to get to the final eight of the Fashion and Beauty category, I’m so humbled by how kind and supportive everyone has been.
Not only have I been shortlisted, but so has my Over40Collective colleague Nikki of Midlifechic, so there are two of us (over 40 bloggers I mean)! I have said in the past that I don’t enter the blog awards for the glory, there are a few (much better) reasons than that:
- By entering we’re ensuring there’s some representation of the 40+ community in this tough category
- Being finalists/winners proves to brands that older women can achieve great things in a youth-biased industry
- It means more prestige and recognition, which leads to better opportunities for me and it’d therefore be more likely that I can can continue to write the blog full time (if I were to win it would mean even more leverage)
- The awards is a big dressed up event – as I’m self employed I don’t have a Christmas party or equivalent to go to, so it’s a great excuse for an “office party” and a long dress
- It’s a chance to celebrate all the other bloggers out there doing really great work in all sorts of categories, from dating to photography and from education to travel – and everything in between
So the search for a great outfit starts all over again (how will I ever top the sparkly top and tulle skirt from last year or the vintage 70s gown from 2015?) – I’m thinking vintage gowns again, maybe 1940s or 50s this time.
Yes, someone may have been trawling through vintage gowns on Etsy and eBay already…!
We just now have to wait for the judges to make their decision and then we find out at the end of April (at the awards event) who the winners are. Third time lucky? Third time’s a charm? Who knows, I’m just glad to be representing older bloggers and going to a party. Thank you sooooo much again!
IF YOU VOTED FOR ME PLEASE TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS OR TWEET ME @NOTLAMB SO I CAN THANK YOU PERSONALLY!
LIKE THIS POST? YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ…