A classic mac and a warm sweater

When it’s this cold, wet and windy in Blighty, deciding what to wear can actually be quite easy. Basically you need to be warm and dry, so that usually means a raincoat and lots of warm layers. Luckily I haven’t put my winter clothes into storage yet, but oh how I wish the weather would warm up…!

I have a feeling I’ll still get a fair bit of wear out of this bright sweater before summer, and with it thrown over my black classic peg legs and favourite brogues I was onto a winner in the comfort stakes. I’ve had the classic mac for about three years now, and it really is the ultimate classic mac à la Holly Golightly (I’m so pleased I splurged a bit on this one – I know it will be be my go-to raincoat for many years to come… it goes with everything). And the manicure is what I came up with during my lunch hour at work (my nail-painting time) – variations on coloured tips and glitter will be my new thing I’ve decided. Does anyone else habitually multitask jobs like manicures same as me??

Woohoo it’s Thursday – that’s Friday Eve! Happy end of the week lovely readers!

Raincoat: Ellen Tracy similar, Sweater: ASOS, Trousers: Topshop similar, Brogues: Office similar, Brooch: Accessorize, Bracelets: ASOS similar / H&M / Debenhams similar, Watch: J Jeans by Jasper Conran similar, Rings: H&M similar, Accessorize, Nails: Barry M Berry Ice Cream NP308 and Pink Iridescent NP 264

1. April 19, 2012 / 12:39 pm

Friday eve, what a lovely thought. And thanks for revealing your nail-painting secret — I've been wondering how you kept up with all the fabulous color changes! You look grand, and pls send me those brogues right away : >

2. April 19, 2012 / 12:53 pm

This is such a lovely outfit. Your shoes are perfect, and I love how you stacked your bracelets/bangles/watch. So cheerful for a cold day!

3. April 19, 2012 / 2:11 pm

I love that sweater! You give yourself the best manicures, I always look forward to seeing what your nails are going to look like, love it! 🙂

xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

4. April 19, 2012 / 4:56 pm

These shoes are terrifically fun…love the bright coral colour and menswear look!

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Enter my Shabby Apple GIVEAWAY!!!

5. April 19, 2012 / 6:07 pm

I am so unbelievably obsessed with your blog. I just read through one too many of your posts. Your style is colorful and everything that I hope mine evolves to! Glad I found it!

A Southern Drawl

6. April 19, 2012 / 6:18 pm

Love this raincoat and if I lived in the UK I would absolutely splurge on a great one – agree with you that it's worth it! 🙂
    Lovely colour combo too!

• April 20, 2012 / 11:07 pm

You can't really see the mac in too much detail in these pics, Madeline, but I'm sure I'll be wearing it on the blog again with the amount of rain we're having ;)) Thanks for your lovely comment! C x

7. April 19, 2012 / 7:00 pm

loveee your blog dear,
    keep posting and go for it!!! :):)

XO

8. April 19, 2012 / 7:22 pm

You look great my dear,i love your brogues and your nails look so pretty! 🙂

Take care,Daniella xox

9. April 19, 2012 / 10:34 pm

A beige trench coat is such a classic piece, and definitely worth splurging on. I've been wanting one for a few years now, but just haven't bothered to save up enough money to get a really nice one!

When I was reading this post my husband happened to look over my shoulder and said, "Why are you reading your own blog?" Apparently he thought you were me – we do have similar hair colors, and a penchant for bright colors! (Plus my husband has really bad eyesight, so maybe that was part of it!)

• April 19, 2012 / 10:38 pm

Hmm, although now that I'm looking at it, I realize your hair is a lot darker than mine – I think my stylist lightened my color quite a bit last time I was there!

• April 20, 2012 / 11:11 pm

Wow – tell your husband THANK YOU, Stacey: I'm so flattered he thought I was you (you know just how stylish I think you are)!!! And yes we are both redheads, I wish mine was lighter though 😉
      Catherine xx

10. April 20, 2012 / 4:56 am

Happy Friday eve indeed! Thanks for visiting my blog! Love those red oxfords!
    –TS

11. April 20, 2012 / 8:08 am

I think it is good to have colour and style fascinations…I am also a MAC lover and change the glitter colours from time to time.Nice colourful look posted here.organic lipstick

12. April 20, 2012 / 5:35 pm

Beautiful outfit, your pants rock

xoxo Sootjeelina <3

13. April 20, 2012 / 8:48 pm

Okay, that is my favorite manicure I have seen this spring! So different and fun, but not over the top. Might have to sit down and try that this weekend!

14. April 20, 2012 / 10:35 pm

I love the Ellen Tracy very classic. These bold colours look stunning on you with the gold accessories. Happy weekend. 🙂

15. April 21, 2012 / 3:39 am

Love the colors in this post! Such a cute outfit!!
    Creamy

16. April 21, 2012 / 8:43 pm

I`m looking for a pair of nice brugues right now, yours are terrific!great outfit right for the weather we`ve got now:)

• April 22, 2012 / 1:18 pm

It really is! I`m even being confused what to where now…Have a great Sunday!