I thought I’d share something fun this week – have you ever thought about all the things you’ve never done before that most other people have (or so it seems)?
Well, I thought I’d share some of the things I always think that other people have done that make me go, Hmm I’ve never done that, I wonder why OR I’m glad I never have OR How funny that I haven’t. From things I’ve never eaten to films I’ve never watched, they’re all here.
I reckon there will be many, many more things I’ve not done that perhaps you haven’t either (that I haven’t thought of), so do share them in the comments: We can see if neither of us have not done the same things. How’s that for Bad Grammar of the Day?!
I’ve scheduled this post well in advance as today I’ll be at the Chelsea Flower Show for a special day out with the Over40Collective – do check out my Instagram feed (and Stories) as it’s bound to be FULL of gorgeous flowers and fashion in London’s predicted heatwave!!
Here are my Never Have I Evers, for your amusement/enjoyment…
1. I’ve never seen a Harry Potter movie, Mama Mia! or Downton Abbey
…out of choice
2. I’ve never seen Citizen Kane, Scarface or a Godfather movie
…not out of choice
3. I’ve never been to a hen/bachelorette party
…I didn’t even have one at my own wedding
4. I’ve never eaten a KFC
…Not sure I’ve even stepped inside one
5. I’ve never permed my hair
…despite being the perfect age for it in the 80s
6. I’ve never dyed my hair anything other than “standard” colours
…like brown, red or blonde – no pink, green or blue
7. I’ve never had a tattoo or wanted one
…Not my thing at all, I’d change my mind about it after a few months (weeks!)
8. I’ve never been to Scotland or Ireland
…despite living in England all my life
9. I’ve never had a professional manicure or pedicure
…I’ve always been happy with how I do it myself
10. I’ve never been skinny dipping
…I’m pretty adventurous, but I’m not that adventurous
11. I’ve never read 50 Shades of Grey
…and don’t ever intend to either
12. I’ve never been inside a gym
…despite being a fitness fan
13. I’ve never taken an Uber
… Black cabs or Addison Lee for me
14. I’ve never eaten oysters
15. I’ve never been asked out on a date
…with the exception of once when I was working in retail and he was about 20 years older than me, I said no – I don’t really count it
16. I’ve never drunk more than a few sips of wine
…Can’t get past that taste
17. I’ve never drunk coffee
…Can’t get past that smell
18. I’ve never received a proposal of marriage
…and I’ve been married twice
19. I’ve never gone a day in my life without crying at something
…even if it’s just watery eyes at a sad advert on TV
20. I’ve never cooked a proper roast dinner
…Except for a chicken, but that doesn’t count. Yes, I am ashamed.
WHAT HAVE YOU NEVER DONE THAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS (OR SO IT SEEMS)?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS!
LIKE THIS POST? YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ…