Summer Layers | Floral Chinos, Ombre Knitwear and a White Shirt

Summer layers | Ombre pastel sweater, white button down, floral pants
A simple layered outfit for a cool summer’s day: floral chinos, ombre knitwear and a crisp white shirt layered underneath.

I actually bought this white shirt many months ago, but as it has 3/4 length sleeves I don’t think I’ve worn it yet (being chilly isn’t something I cope with too well). It’s a great basic and I’ll be pairing it with a full midi skirt and some sort of neck tie next, so watch this space.

I also love the mix of textures and patterns in this outfit. Summer is a great time to pile on the bracelets, get out the florals and rediscover those light summer knits you put away over the winter months. Both my ombre sweater and sequinned hobo bag are years old but I still love them both – with my new flat pointed mules and pretty gold drop ball earrings it feels like a whole new outfit.

Are you enjoying lots of patterns and textures now that summer is here? Let me know what you’re pairing in the comments!

Summer layers | Ombre pastel sweater, white button down
Summer layers | Ombre pastel sweater, white button down, sequinned hobo bag
Ombre pastel sweater, floral pants, stacked bracelets
Summer layers | Ombre pastel sweater, white button down
Summer layers | Pastel sweater, white button down, gold drop earrings
Shirt: Asos | Sweater: F&F at Tesco (old) | Trousers: Laura Ashley SS14 | Shoes: Asos | Bag: Unknown (old) | Bracelets: c/o SENCE Copenhagen (available here) | Ring: c/o SENCE Copenhagen | Sunglasses: c/o Lulus (similar) | Earrings: SENCE Copenhagen | Watch: Asos (I love this one by Coach)

RELATED  Yes, You Can Wear Pink With Red Hair (Especially in Summer) #iwillwearwhatilike

1. June 10, 2015 / 1:09 pm

I love ow you paired that bag with the knit of the sweater. Very complementary. And the earrings are drop dead gorgeous. Pun intended.
    Greetje

2. June 7, 2015 / 2:11 am

If you ever DO get tired of that hobo bag, dearest Catherine…can I have dibs?! And those new mules of yours are so chic for spring; especially considering that you haven't had much luck with warm weather yet!! At least you don't have to deal with popsicle toes while keeping your outfit game going!! 😉

• June 8, 2015 / 5:06 pm

Hehe don't hold your breath, Monika – I'm not giving up the bag just yet!! ;))) Thank you sweetie – it's warming up in the UK very, very slowly… we'll get there!

3. June 5, 2015 / 1:08 am

Love it! I remember these pants, and of course I love them. The crochet bag is such a lovely olive color, it looks like a great neutral. Love it tip to toe!
    Would love to see you at the TH Tuesday link up when you can this week!
    jess xx

• June 8, 2015 / 5:03 pm

You have a good memory for florals, Jess – a "floralgraphic memory"?!!! Thank you my lovely, hopefully I'll be over on Tuesday! C x

4. June 4, 2015 / 6:58 pm

Looks great Catherine. Love the turquoise ring. Makes me remember that I'm currently on the hunt for a white summer blouse. One that's a bit soft..and not quite as stiff and starchy as my Theory cotton shirt that I wear in the fall and winter. Thanks for the reminder.

• June 8, 2015 / 5:01 pm

Hehe you'd think it's be an easy task, Susan – but when I've tried to shop for the most basic, classic-cut pieces it's often proved to be a really hard task!! Thank you, glad you liked the outfit x

5. June 4, 2015 / 6:04 pm

These earrings are amazing. I really like this style – need to look out for them. Lorraine x

• June 8, 2015 / 5:00 pm

This sort of style earring – where the back is as important as the front – has become amazingly popular, hasn't it Lorraine…? I find it incredible that someone came up with something so incredibly unique! Thanks hun x

6. June 3, 2015 / 3:00 pm

Ah completely in love with those trousers!
    Sophie
    x

• June 3, 2015 / 8:56 pm

Thanks Sophie – one of those items I was so glad to rediscover when I dug out my summer wardrobe…!