!iT Collective Corset Denim Jeans | With Winter Jewel Tones

Purple beanie & coat with jeans
Is there anything better than a great pair of jeans? I’ve not ever reviewed jeans before, so when denim brand !iT Collective approached me to review a pair of their Corset Denim jeans I said a very excited Yes please. I have many pair of jeans but probably nowhere near as many as some (I tend to buy a lot of skinny jeans but in all different colours), so I was intrigued to see what style !iT Collective could offer me and what all the fuss about denim that pulls you in really was.

I chose the Taylor Stretch Ankle Skinny Jeans in Dark Ocean – although I went for skinnies again all mine are long so I can roll them up; I wanted a shorter, ankle-skimming pair with a very subtle flare. They’re also a great darker colour and just a touch distressed. At less than £65 ($98) they felt like a pair that cost twice that… the stretch is amazing and makes them unbelievably comfortable and flattering. The lovely dark colour lent itself to some gorgeous jewel tones for the winter, so it was reds, purples and blue all the way. The !iT Collective range can be seen here: www.itbrand.com and they’re available to buy at Nordstrom.

They’re described as having “stretch denim for comfortable lift and corset-like support right where you need it”. I was rather pleased with the way they made my bum look(!), so I couldn’t have said it better myself. …!

Have you ever tried denim that claims to give you a great shape – what were the results?

Red & purple winter outfit with jeans
!ITEM Corset Denim jeans
Skinny cropped jeans with two-tone heeled loafers
Purple beanie & coat

Twitter 64x64 B&WFacebook 64x64 B&WBloglovin 64x64 B&WInstagram 64x64 B&WGoogle Plus 64x64 B&W
Shop my look!

Jeans: c/o !iT Collective at Nordstrom, Coat: Debenhams (similar), T-shirt: New Look, Striped top: Primark, Belt: New Look (similar), Heels: River Island (old), Hat: Asos, “C” pin: Asos

Linking up to: Visible MondayMonday BloomMonday MingleFunday MondayTrend Spin Link-UpWardrobe WednesdaysStyle SessionsWhat I Wore WednesdayAll Things ThursdayFashion InformantThree-Fer ThursdayPassion for Fashion FridayFriday’s Fab Favourites

1. January 11, 2014 / 3:47 pm

I love getting some ideas on how to wear those ankle skimming jeans in winter. I have several pairs and ended up pushing them to the back of the closet since it's so cold out.

-Meagan
    Brass in Pocket Blog

2. January 11, 2014 / 4:09 pm

Love those shoes even much too high heels for me <3 !

3. January 11, 2014 / 4:28 pm

Those jeans look amazing on you! It looks like they have a nice rise. I hate low rises. All my flubbery bits hang out. PS- those shoes!!! Love!

4. January 11, 2014 / 4:38 pm

These jeans have a superb fit and I love the distressed detailing! I love the colour and textured print of your top and how you have subtly clashed it with the stripes. Amazing as always Catherine 🙂

take care,

• January 15, 2014 / 7:10 pm

Thanks Daniella – always love your descriptive comments!! x

5. January 11, 2014 / 5:47 pm

Dat ass!!! 😀

Seriously, the purple with your coloring is just wonderful!

6. January 11, 2014 / 7:55 pm

Those shoes!!!! I love them, they are adorable!!!

7. January 12, 2014 / 12:48 am

I'm new to your blog and enjoying it ever so much. I actually bought the jeans from Nordstrom after seeing them on you! I'm not blessed with your good genes, but one can only try! Thanks for your regular dose of inspiration.

• January 15, 2014 / 7:11 pm

Thanks Janice so much – it's nice to see you here! Glad you liked the jeans, I have to say I've been wearing them almost non-stop since I got them as they're so good :)))

8. January 12, 2014 / 2:07 am

Hi Catherine, those are some great jeans. I will check them out at Nordstroms. Love them paired with the red and purple. Very cool shoes! I always appreciate your great pictures.

blue hue wonderland

9. January 12, 2014 / 2:54 am

Red and purple work so beautifully together here, and yay for uplifting jeans. 😉

10. January 12, 2014 / 9:41 am

Stunning as always Catherine. The jeans look fab and I love your shoes! love Liz xx

11. January 12, 2014 / 4:04 pm

Love the color palette! Great photos!

12. January 12, 2014 / 8:17 pm

Great combination. Very good jeans, worth every penny. Also love your shoes and top… Really good. Very daring to put a purple coat on top of that. But as usual, it works.
    Greetje

• January 15, 2014 / 7:13 pm

Aww bless you, Greetje – I've never thought of myself as daring before! That's a great compliment xx

13. January 12, 2014 / 11:12 pm

Your outfit is wonderful, I am in love with your coat and beanie and the mix of colors is just stunning, I love daring mixture of colors ! Jeans do fit you very well, indeed.

Fashion and Cookies

14. January 13, 2014 / 1:01 am

What a fabulous coat – and I adore all the accents (esp the shoes!). Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday. xo

15. January 13, 2014 / 2:15 am

Oh my goodness lady! You are way too beautiful! I have been on the search for a good pair of high waisted jeans…excited to get a pair in the mail from asos! Hope they fit! These ones look fabulous on you!

• January 15, 2014 / 7:14 pm

Oh Brandi how lovely of you – you're too kind!! Thank you sweetie!!

16. January 13, 2014 / 6:45 am

Your ass looks great! I've not heard of these jeans, I'm off to check them out 🙂
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

17. January 13, 2014 / 2:05 pm

Brilliant mix of great jewel tones for winter Catherine! I'm also wearing something colorful from Persunmall in my latest post….hope you could check it out!

Rebecca

18. January 13, 2014 / 4:35 pm

First off, I know this look is supposed to be all about the jeans…but those SHOES!! They are beyond adorable!! The jeans are certainly very nice, too; great "bum" effect, like you said!! 😉 Because I'm not tall, I find that most jeans are on the rather long side for me, so I'm always in a quandary…do I have them hemmed, or roll them up?! Kind of nice to have a pair that don't involve that kind of decision-making!!

• January 15, 2014 / 7:15 pm

I usually buy long ones and roll them up so I can control the length myself. But it was nice to have some that stop short just where I want them, Monika! Thanks hunx

19. January 14, 2014 / 5:11 pm

Great review on the jeans, they look comfortable. Your shoes are cute!
    Dee
    Ms Dee Kay

20. January 14, 2014 / 6:31 pm

Hi Catherine, stopping by from the style sessions link party! Wanted to say hi and saw this lovely look. The jeans are great. For me though the detail in the shoes, the pretty purple coat and all the mix of colors make the outfit! <3<3<3 xo, Elif

21. January 14, 2014 / 6:32 pm

22. January 15, 2014 / 5:03 pm

Love it!!!! The rich tones of red and purple together are always a favorite of mine. 🙂

23. January 18, 2014 / 2:27 pm

Aah, those heels are simply amazing!

24. June 25, 2014 / 7:11 am

Great post ladies thanks so much. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it as I have just started my fashion blog and in my 40's too. Gave me inspiration to get it going now as I have always loved fashion but dithered about getting the blog set up. Wonderful article. I shall be following your blogs soonest!

25. June 26, 2014 / 12:04 pm

I am very happy with the corsets, for few days it was little uncomfortable because its material is hard something like bone lol. But anyways it is awesome now. I wear it with my tight fitting top, it gives me proper shape. Thanks for your tips and awesome blog.