Autumn Winter Trends 2013 | The Checked Coat (& How I Styled Mine)

Checked coat, black boots & red jeans
Every so often a trend comes along that I embrace wholeheartedly, and this winter I think it’s the turn of the checked coat. I already owned at least a couple of them (maybe three), but couldn’t resist this black and white checked coat from Marks & Spencer which I wore for the first time on the blog in this outfit I wore to a business meeting. So from very smart in that post to quite smart here – this coat really is a fabulous statement, and of course it being black and white means I can pair it with just about any other colours.

Mind you, that normally doesn’t stop me wearing all colours together as many of you know… 😉

There’s one other trend this season that I’ll be embracing on the blog this weekend – what current trend are you lusting after at the moment? Let me know!

Checked coat, black boots & red jeans
Checked coat, spotty scarf

Coat: Marks & Spencer | Scarf: Asos | Jeans: Asos | Boots: Debenhams | Bag: Debenhams (old) | Watch: Asos

Shop the look:

Catherine

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | YOUTUBE | NEWSLETTER

Linking up to: Visible MondayMonday BloomMonday MingleFunday MondayTrend Spin Link-UpWardrobe WednesdaysStyle SessionsWhat I Wore WednesdayAll Things ThursdayFashion InformantThree-Fer ThursdayPassion for Fashion FridayFriday’s Fab Favourites

1. December 18, 2013 / 10:04 pm

Love the outfit and love the coat – I really like little touches on garments that make them different from the rest – like the zip on the sleeve of the coat – How cool!

2. December 18, 2013 / 11:36 pm

Great coat, and ooh, that bag — yummy! xox

3. December 19, 2013 / 8:54 am

Love the coat and the trend (a personal favourite too) and mostly I love the way you styled it: not an average black and white, and that bag is something special…

4. December 20, 2013 / 12:49 pm

I loved the whole of this outfit, but sadly don't think the coat would suit me. I bought a turquoise checked blouse in the summer that seems to wear me, rather than the other way round!

I embraced the peplum trend belatedly in October, when I bought a navy peplum jumper in the Hobbs sale. I didn't spot it was a peplum until I had taken it off the rack however on impulse I decided to try it on and, much to my surprise, rather liked it on me!

5. December 20, 2013 / 1:03 pm

I love this coat, Catherine! I am fond of your windowpane checks. They are classic and very chic. My statement coat purchase this year was a soft pink car coat that I am very excited to feature soon. It was a step outside my comfort zone – pink isn't a color I wear often – but seeing pink coats styled so stunningly convinced me. 🙂

6. December 22, 2013 / 6:44 pm

Totally love your choice of coat. I think you mix and matched it so well especially adding on a scarf =)

7. December 23, 2013 / 2:57 pm

That fur bag is divine. I love all the layers and textures.

8. January 1, 2014 / 1:51 pm

I adore this coat and scarf. Nearly bought a similar coat, but it had no collar (the newest fashion thing) and that looks horrible on me. Besides, it was wool and itched at my neck.
    Greetje