Wedding Week at Not Dressed As Lamb continues with my second outfit: What To Wear To A Beach Wedding. Now I’m not the necessarily the best person to judge as I’ve never been to a beach wedding before, but I did a little research online and found a few good tips and some great outfits as inspiration. Some of those tips for what to wear to a beach wedding were:
- If you prefer to wear heels to make your legs look longer (like me), wear a maxi so you can get away with no heels on the beach
- If flats are totally out of the question, consider flip flops with a wedge – height for your legs and practical for sand
- Floaty fabrics will be most comfortable in the heat
- A wide-brimmed hat will keep harsh sun off your face and shoulders
- Wear a pair of fabulous, statement sunglasses
- Don’t forget… slap on the sunscreen – that’s your most important accessory!
This dress is one I bought a few weeks ago in anticipation of some warm summer sun, which hasn’t happened yet in the UK (check out my goose bumps in the photos)…! But it seemed the perfect dress for a beach wedding – colourful, quite unusual and almost certainly a one-off (i.e. it won’t also be worn by another guest) as it was from designer resale boutique Grace & Ted in Bath. It was begging to be accessorised with a fabulous wide-brimmed hat (perfect for the sun), lots of bangles, over the top sunnies – I simply went all-out beach style. I think my number one aim as a wedding guest is to avoid being dressed the same as anyone else, so hopefully this outfit would hit the mark in that sense!
Wedding Week will continue on Friday with another outfit post: What To Wear To A Town Register Office Wedding. Think smart, sophisticated, and stylish.
Don’t forget my MASSIVE wedding-themed giveaway: £250 to spend at Damsel in a Dress. Perfect for buying a complete wedding guest outfit – click below to go to the giveaway post!
I’m linking this post up to IFB Project #98: What’s Your Summer Style – it’s taken ages to get any sunny weather in the UK, so an outfit post taken in full sunlight has been a rare thing in 2013…!
Shop my look! Items marked* are the actual items, if still available:
Dress: One-off from designer resale boutique Grace & Ted, Hat: Reiss*, Belt: Asos*, Bag: Debenhams*, Sunglasses: Asos, Earrings: Unknown, Flip flops: Debenhams, Gold band ring: Asos* (part of set), Lightning ring: Asos, Spike bracelet: Asos*, Nails: Chanel Peridot*