My Go-To Uniform Of Blazer, Skinnies & Heels

On the day I wore this outfit to the office, I had a (blog-related) phone interview with an editor in regards to something top secret that I can’t talk about… but that’s only because she wouldn’t elaborate and couldn’t reveal what it was for exactly. Even though I’d love to tell you what it was about I can’t, because I just don’t know myself. Anyway, I digress!

One of the questions I was asked was pretty much what my go-to uniform is, and I wasn’t sure at first. After a little deliberation I said that it’s probably coloured skinny jeans, a loose fitting top or shirt with a blazer and heels… I looked down whilst on the phone and realised I’d described exactly what I was wearing. Predictable, much??!

I’m sure your “uniform” is something that changes regularly over time, however, which is a good job otherwise we’d get stuck-in-a-rut with our wardrobes – I’m sure it would have been something completely different a year ago.

I’ll keep checking back on posts from a year ago just to make sure 😉

This weekend I’m up in London: seeing Mr. James McAvoy (in the flesh!) doing Macbeth on his last night in the West End. If he looks directly at me like he did last time I saw him in a play, I Won’t. Be. Able. To. Cope….!

Have a BRILLIANT weekend, whatever you’re doing or whoever you’re drooling over!!

Blazer: Very.co.uk (old), Shirt: Asos, Jeans: Asos, Bag: Tk Maxx, Wedges: Asos, Belt: Tk Maxx, Watch: Debenhams, Sunglasses: Unknown, Nails: Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Blueberry

Linking up to: Share Your Style SaturdaysVisible MondayMonday BloomMonday Mingle

1. April 27, 2013 / 12:08 pm

I can see why this is your go to…it looks fabulous and chic. Have a great day Catherine!

2. April 27, 2013 / 12:20 pm

Me encanta el look. Guapisima.

Pupifashionblog.blogspot.com

3. April 27, 2013 / 2:43 pm

Gorgeous "uniform", Catherine. Oh, James McAvoy – hands off, woman! : >

4. April 27, 2013 / 3:53 pm

Absolutely brilliant blog you have, one of the best I've read – love it!
    And, damn, you're a hot 40-something! I'm also a redhead so v happy to see another redhead rockin' it!! 🙂

5. April 27, 2013 / 4:23 pm

super cute outfit! I think one of my new favorites! love the purple skinnys and black accents! way cute!

6. April 27, 2013 / 5:40 pm

It's definitely a great uniform…an easy way to always look cute! I love coloured jeans on you…I don't really own any coloured jeans myself…but I do love the look!

Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

7. April 27, 2013 / 6:12 pm

Yum. James McAvoy. I'm not sure I have a uniform, apart from a penchant for tweed.

8. April 27, 2013 / 8:55 pm

Top secret? Sounds pretty awesome, I like your "uniform" the blazer is great!

9. April 28, 2013 / 2:09 am

Wow I can't wait, super curious! You look stunning and I love this entire look.

10. April 28, 2013 / 11:58 am

Very cute Catherine. Gorgeous hair, and love the braids, as ever!
    Whitley

11. April 28, 2013 / 4:25 pm

I love your "uniform" and was interested to see that you have rolled up the bottom of your skinnies. Being vertically challenged, I might do this the next time I try on jeans or trousers and find they are too long – and see if it works for me! My uniform is similar in winter months (like now!) though I wear short-sleeved tops, linen trousers and ballerinas in the summer.

12. April 28, 2013 / 8:06 pm

You look so good, I especially like, well, all of it, actually, ha ha! James McAvoy?!? Oh you are so lucky, I have a huge crush on him, he's so foxy. Do you have time to join Adrienne and me for "How I Wear My: Metallics"? You can send me a picture by April 30. We'd love to have you with us once again my dear! XO, Jill

13. April 29, 2013 / 1:50 pm

Love the blazer! This is a great type of 'uniform' for you.

14. April 30, 2013 / 2:26 am

I hope whatever it is that your interview was about comes out to your extreme advantage. My uniform for the summer here looks to be heels, skinnies and a floaty but modest top against the triple digit heat that's on its way. You look lovely here, of course.

15. April 30, 2013 / 12:44 pm

Gorgeous pair of wedge heels.. perfect staple for spring/summer. Love the stripe blazer too, a fresh take to the usual nautical ones.

Stop by my page and say, hi! sometimes 🙂
    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES

16. April 30, 2013 / 3:34 pm

Just the look I would be comfortable in wearing. The jacket is fabulous and love that lightning bolt ring. Did you say in your post where it is from? Would love to know.. xox

17. April 30, 2013 / 4:44 pm

This look is FANTASTIC, Catherine. LOVE the purple pants, and the striped blazer.

I hope you'll keep an eye out on my blog later today. I'll be featuring this as one of the looks I love today.

Terry

18. May 2, 2013 / 3:23 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a go-to outfit formula- it's certainly working for you, you look great! And I wouldn't be able to cope with James McAvoy up close in person either. 🙂