Peach Polka Dots & Midnight Blue

Polka dot shirt & navy pinafore dress
Polka dot shirt & navy pinafore dress

Polka dot shirt & navy pinafore dress
Polka dot shirt & navy pinafore dress
This was probably one of my most eclectic colour combinations to date: peach, midnight blue, burgundy and tan. But I do like them together! I have worn this (old) Karen Millen dress a few times on the blog now: here, here, here and here, so although it was quite expensive at the time, the cost-per-wear would work out to be pretty cheap as I wear it regularly. I tend to think that I’m just wearing a plain blue dress – I forget how pretty all the stitching and embroidery on it is (it shows up beautifully in photos).

The boots are exceptionally old – in fact I hadn’t actually worn them for years and years. The heels needed redoing which I finally got round to doing (they had completely fallen off so a little metal spike was sticking out the bottom of both), and I’m going to do a mini DIY on them just to spruce them up a bit. They’d been languishing at the back of the wardrobe in the spare room, so I’d totally forgotten I had them. They have a bit of a Sixties shape to them and they fit like a dream, so I think they’re worth a makeover…!

This Friday I’ll be posting Part 3 of my Give Your Blog A DIY Design Makeover series, so look out for that. And I’ll be hosting a giveaway next week for some great shopping vouchers – it’s all happening here at NDAL HQ! 😉

Shirt: ASOS, Dress: Karen Millen (old), Tights: ASOS*, Boots: Unknown (very old), Watch: Debenhams

Shop my look! Items marked* are the real deal, if still available:

FACEBOOKBLOGLOVINTWITTERINSTAGRAM

Linking up to:

Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style

Monday Bloom at DC In Style

1. March 20, 2013 / 3:14 pm

Love the dress and it looks great over the blouse!

2. March 20, 2013 / 9:49 pm

Being a fan of folklore style myself, I think this combination is beautiful. The burgundy tights tie the whole look together especially with you hair color. You just can't do better than bright blue in a photo, you look great!

3. March 20, 2013 / 11:51 pm

Love polka dots – such a pretty look. And I'm really happy you rescued the boots – they look great. xoxoxo

4. March 21, 2013 / 12:27 am

The Dress is beautiful and works so well with the shirt and boots!

Chk out my new blog post: http://bit.ly/Y7HtnL

xx
    Seepz

5. March 21, 2013 / 6:34 am

Your dress today is a piece of art!

6. March 21, 2013 / 12:19 pm

Great colour combination, looks stunning with your hair.

7. March 21, 2013 / 5:04 pm

I really LOVE all of the colors in this look, Catherine.

I hope you'll keep an eye out on my blog later today. I'll be featuring this as one of the looks I love today.

Terry

8. March 22, 2013 / 9:47 am

This is so you, Catherine! Great colours and perfect with your hair as well.
    And OMG… your legs are fabulous!!

Annette
    Lady of Style

9. March 22, 2013 / 4:49 pm

Hi Catherine!

I just re-discovered your blog while switching over to Bloglovin!
    I have been paroozing the 'how to ' pages and am taking so many notes to improve my blog. It is covered in cobwebs and I am the worst with image widths! I even make them all the same size, then don't post them that way! Duh!
    Thanks for the tips, and BTW, I love this outfit.
    Reva

10. March 25, 2013 / 5:42 am

Your eye for detail is amazing. I look forward to your bog post daily. Thanks for always inspiring me.

11. March 25, 2013 / 2:24 pm

The way you've pulled all those colors together is amazing. And that dress is gorgeous. No wonder you wear it often.

12. March 25, 2013 / 6:15 pm

I think the detailing of the dress is fantastic with the pattern of the polka dots. This is a great way to pair these two brightly colored items! You look fantastic!

Stopping by from the link up! Happy Monday!

Clare
    Understated Classics

13. March 25, 2013 / 8:21 pm

Your blue dress is so amazing! You inspired me this morning wearing my summerly jeans dress although it was snowing outside! All because I want to look a very little bit as cute as you.

14. March 26, 2013 / 2:29 am

Love the color combination.

15. March 26, 2013 / 9:36 pm

Completely gorgeous, again, and as always. Not only great colors, but interesting textures. Always inspiring.
    J