Vintage Black and Mustard Polka Dot Dress

2012-09-26 Not Dressed As Lamb 001
2012-09-26 Not Dressed As Lamb 003
2012-09-26 Not Dressed As Lamb 007
2012-09-26 Not Dressed As Lamb 006
2012-09-26 Not Dressed As Lamb 005
… plus it’s sheer, too, but that would seem like one too many trends to put into the post title! I can’t gush enough about how much I love this vintage dress I bought from eBay several years ago. It doesn’t get worn nearly as much as it should (in fact this is its blog debut), but I suppose it means I always feel special when I do wear it. I did a mini DIY job on it: the front panel actually comes right up to the neck and folds over to button on one shoulder – and that wasn’t flattering on me. As soon as I got it I decided to tuck the two corners right under and stitch them to make a false wrapover style – and I’m glad I did as it looks so much better this way.

Is it my favourite ever outfit post? I think it’s close. Not least for my awesome shadow in the first picture.

Happy weekend everyone, hope you’re all having a blast :))

Dress: Vintage eBay, Tank: Next, Belt: Accessorize, Heels: Nine West, Sunglasses: Red Herring at Debenhams, Earrings: Unknown, Watch: Red Herring at Debenhams,  Ring: Boots, Bracelets: ASOS / New Look / Tiffany & Co, Nails: Revlon Elegant

Linking up to: Visible MondayMonday MingleThrifters Anonymous

1. September 30, 2012 / 2:07 pm

WOW! I love that dress!!! What a great find, and how smart you were to alter to get it just right for you. You look amazing.

2. September 30, 2012 / 2:39 pm

Wowwwwwwwwwwww the sunset pics honoured the perfect dress and wonderful ensemble, my dear Catherine.
    Your last photo is AMAZING!!!

3. September 30, 2012 / 3:38 pm

You are right about the shadow – she is her own fabulous model! Love this dress and I can see why it's a fave.

4. September 30, 2012 / 6:13 pm

Catherine these pictures are beautiful, the lighting is perfect! I love your dress and the wrap over style you have created with it! The splashes of purple pop beautifully and I love you shoes πŸ™‚

Take care,

5. September 30, 2012 / 8:01 pm

Beautiful dress, but I love the shoes even more.

6. September 30, 2012 / 9:56 pm

What an awesome dress. I really like how you paired it with magenta :).

7. October 1, 2012 / 1:22 am

that dress is pretty fabulous, i can see why it is one of your favorites
    hope you had a great b'day celebration this weekend

8. October 1, 2012 / 7:19 am

A really lovely dress. That's a stylish shadow there. πŸ™‚

9. October 1, 2012 / 12:02 pm

Gorgeous!!! Love a) the polka dots, b) the fact that it's vintage, and c) the lighting in these photos – you look glorious!!

10. October 1, 2012 / 2:34 pm

Cute! I'm obsessing over pleats lately (and polka dots always), so this dress is right up my alley!

11. October 1, 2012 / 5:03 pm

So beautiful with your purple accessories and wonderful loose mane of hair. The alteration on the dress is great, gorgeous on you!

12. October 1, 2012 / 6:26 pm

You look wonderful in this dress, and I can easily understand if this is your favorite! Very well chosen alteration, the v-shape of the neckline is so flattering, and leaving room for the layer underneath!

13. October 1, 2012 / 6:34 pm

Dots, and sheer, and vintage, oh my! And I love that you paired the black and goldenrod with this purply pink, Catherine. Yay for the butterfly belt!!! ~Sarah

14. October 1, 2012 / 8:07 pm

Very pretty blog.
    I'm a new reader & follower <3

15. October 1, 2012 / 8:30 pm

I admit – I clicked your thumbnail at Not Dead Yet Visible Monday because of the shadow πŸ™‚

I love that dress and agree that the faux wrap is a much bettter look than something buttoned up to the neck. What a great outfit. The lavender belt and cami make it that much better.

16. October 1, 2012 / 11:39 pm

I love the colors, very autumnal but still nice and bold!

17. October 2, 2012 / 3:40 am

I can't tell you how much I love this dress…and the unexpected fuchsia touches are perfect! Also, your skin and hair area absolutely gorgeous.

Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life
    I'm giving away a beautiful Soft Surroundings top!

18. October 2, 2012 / 5:45 am

Oh dear! That vintage is so beautiful! I want it. LOL! And you look beautiful in it too. What a great find! πŸ™‚

19. October 2, 2012 / 8:15 pm

Indeed, awesome. Right in the top 3 of best outfits. I think you are so clever to combine it with a purple (lilac?) top and belt. I would never, really never, have thought of that. I take my hat off for you.

20. October 3, 2012 / 12:53 am

I love this look. The colors and patterns are so great together. And those shoes are phenomenal. That last picture of you is stunning.

21. October 3, 2012 / 1:43 pm

I absolutely LOVE that dress! I love the purple with the mustard too – I would have never thought of that but it works! I'm wearing polka dots on the bog today too – they seem to be a popular item! πŸ™‚ Have a great day!

xo Niki

22. October 3, 2012 / 6:10 pm

Polka dot dress! And loafer pumps! I'm so jealous of this outfit. You look beautiful!

Popping by from the pleated Poppy. Come check out my blog too if you get a chance!

23. October 3, 2012 / 6:27 pm

Great dress! Love the color combo! Love your hair too!

24. October 3, 2012 / 8:33 pm

The dress looks great on you. Love the magenta accessories.
    Stopping by from WIWW.

25. October 3, 2012 / 11:01 pm

That's a pretty cool dress, but I really love the butterfly belt you paired with it! I never would have thought to put those colors together, but they look awesome!

26. October 4, 2012 / 1:52 am

Love that you paired the dress with the purple accents. So unexpected and so great. You look beautiful as usual.

27. October 4, 2012 / 10:56 pm

What wonderful comments… I'm so glad you all seem to love the dress as much as I do – it really is one of my favourites. Thank you all for taking the time to visit and comment – I appreciate every single one!

Catherine xoxo

28. October 6, 2012 / 4:22 am

Awesome and unexpected color combo.