Lace and Neon in the Heat

2012-08-23 Not Dressed As Lamb 001

2012-08-23 Not Dressed As Lamb 005

2012-08-23 Not Dressed As Lamb 002

2012-08-23 Not Dressed As Lamb 003

2012-08-23 Not Dressed As Lamb 004

This was a hot day… but I certainly wasn’t complaining – hot days are few and far between in the UK!

These photos were taken early in the morning when Mr. Summers and I decided to get a walk in early before the day got too hot. I love how the tall green grass was competing with my satchel in the “most luminous thing in the photo” competition. I think the grass won 😉

Hope you all have a lovely day – thanks for stopping by :)))

White top: Gift from my mum, Grey tank: F+F at Tesco, Trousers: La Redoute, Flats: Jones the Bootmaker similar, Hat: Very.co.uk similarBag: The Satchel Co similarSunglasses: Fabris Lane similar, Necklace: Unknown similar, Bracelets: F+F at Tesco / Gift / My christening bracelet, Rings: Boots / H&M, Watch: Fossil similar, Nails: Barry M Peach Melba

Linking up to:

What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy
What I Wore Wednesday at Transatlantic Blonde
Whatever, Whenever at Rolled Up Pretty

(I’m currently on a blog sabbatical till the beginning of September and all posts are scheduled. Still here to reply and comment, however 🙂

1. August 21, 2012 / 11:56 am

I love these soft colors on you, punched up with the neon bag (great bag). Sally at Already Pretty posted about using neon accents today too, and you've done it beautifully (natch!).

2. August 21, 2012 / 12:37 pm

Hi Catherine, loving your arm candy as always. And your bag is gorgeous! X

3. August 21, 2012 / 1:23 pm

Such a perfectly spot on outfit to enjoy the last few weeks of summer!!

brenna

4. August 21, 2012 / 5:27 pm

I came over bc Patti gave you a shout out on twitter- so glad I did! You look amazing! Effortless, cool chic and sexy! Great example of neon adding zing without overwhelming the outfit!

5. August 21, 2012 / 7:20 pm

That bag is so cool, love the neon color and the structure.

6. Anonymous
    August 21, 2012 / 7:45 pm

Hi there! This article couldn't be written any better! Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept talking about this. I'll forward this article to him.
    Fairly certain he's going to have a very good read. Many thanks for sharing!
    My webpage : Pozycjonowanie stron Bydgoszcz

7. August 21, 2012 / 7:51 pm

what a great summer carefree outfit
    love all the shades of yellow
    brett

8. August 22, 2012 / 5:16 am

What a wonderful outfit, is the fact summer outfit. It is bright and warm. I love the lemon bag and hat. Is Catherine …

9. August 22, 2012 / 2:06 pm

I can't get enough of that handbag..I love it! Visiting from Transatlantic Blonde today. 🙂

Lindsay
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

10. August 22, 2012 / 3:20 pm

Nice outfit! The yellow gives a nice touch of color!

If you follow me, tell me, I will follow you too!

11. August 22, 2012 / 3:25 pm

i love this color combo and i pretty much die for lace anything, so i am a fan for sure!

12. August 22, 2012 / 4:18 pm

Casual and feminine, yet so chic! Love how well the neon yellow goes with the rest of the outfit that is so neutral and pastel-ish! And to top it off, the straw hat, that matches so nicely with the scenery!

Jenny

13. August 22, 2012 / 6:46 pm

I just came across your blog via Pleated Poppy, very excited to see an English 'bird' pop up. I'm an Australian who just spent 12 months in the UK, I'm now in the US.
    Love your blog and love the yellow pants, nice change from coloured denim 🙂

14. August 22, 2012 / 8:19 pm

This outfit is colour magic! Even though the satchel is screaming for attention it doesn't overwhelm the pastels, I think that's quite an accomplishment! The outfit is just so beautiful, and expresses summer so well!

15. August 23, 2012 / 2:32 am

Love the pop of neon in this look 🙂

katiesbliss.com