Yellow with bare legs, plus NY Times feature

So this outfit totally gives it away that my outfit posts are several days behind the actual day I wore them – everyone in the UK knows the gorgeous weather has turned this week and it’s no longer “summer”! We had so many beautiful days up to yesterday that I couldn’t keep up with posting all the outfits I photographed. I hope no-one minds; I would post every day if I had the time but I’d have to choose to stop either eating, sleeping, exercising or going to work ðŸ˜‰

Well I certainly never expected to be getting bare legs out so early in the year – they still look so white in the photos even though I’d already started the spray tan. =Grrrreat= And I LOVE this light summery sweater but it is a bugger for catching and pulling. Note to self: don’t wear a scaley snake bracelet with fine knits. You’ll regret it…!

Happy Wednesday, lovely readers!

Sweater: Next, Skirt: River Island, Heels: French Connection, Belt: Free with a pair of trousers, Bag: Paul’s Boutique at ASOS, Corsages: F+F / New Look, Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters, Plaited headband: eBay, Watch: J Jeans by Jasper Conran, Snake bracelet: New Look, Watchstrap bracelet: ASOS, Tortoiseshell cuff: Accessorize, Beaded bracelets: F+F, Rings: ASOS / F+F, Nails: Revlon Elegant 380

And finally… I made the New York Times fashion & style section this week for their gingham/plaid theme! I have Kasmira of What I Wore Today for the suggestion to submit this outfit, so thank you Kasmira so much!! Click here or on the picture below to check it out – I’m a happy girl ðŸ™‚

Linking up to:

What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy

1. April 4, 2012 / 11:27 am

Congrats on making it into the NY Times feature. You look wonderful!

2. April 4, 2012 / 11:51 am

Woo-hoo – you look fabulous in the NY Times! And in today's blues/yellows, too. Nicely done, Catherine!

3. April 4, 2012 / 1:05 pm

Wow, that's terrific about the NY Times! I love that skirt you're wearing in "today's" ensemble too.

4. April 4, 2012 / 1:29 pm

You look so elegant today, I love the knits and the shoes. Great that you've made it into the NY Times!

5. April 4, 2012 / 2:51 pm

Awesome pattern mixing. Love it!

6. April 4, 2012 / 4:55 pm

Congratulations on the NY Times achievement! Wow!

I am such a fool to not have contacted you regarding our How I Wear My post today…Jill and I did colorblocking this month and you would have been the ideal person to show us all how to do it.

And of course, I adore this pattern mixing look on you…the blue really sets it all off.

xo, A

• April 5, 2012 / 11:55 am

You know I think you did tell me earlier in the month, Adrienne, but I totally forgot… I think I should make a little bloggy calendar for all these link ups etc.!! Never mind, I'll come over and see what next month will be and make a note 😉

Thanks for your lovely comments too! C xoxo

7. April 4, 2012 / 5:05 pm

That is awesome – congrats! I love this outfit too. And I'm so happy to be able to wear dresses and skirts without tights now! Yay for warmer weather!

8. April 4, 2012 / 5:12 pm

Gorgeous mixing of prints! This color story is perfect for spring…yellows and blues are right on trend!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

9. April 4, 2012 / 8:29 pm

Congrats on your feature, that is such an honour! Love your blue and yellow mix, such lovely colours together.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

10. April 4, 2012 / 9:08 pm

Wow, what an amazing feature!! Congratulations!!

11. April 5, 2012 / 1:39 am

Whatever you do to combine your clothes, it looks like magic to me.

12. April 5, 2012 / 12:54 pm

I absolutely love this outfit…the colors, the patterns, the retro vibe, the femininity. Love it!

13. April 5, 2012 / 2:22 pm

You look completely adorable! Just add a basket and you're ready for an Easter parade!

14. April 5, 2012 / 3:02 pm

I love it! Love this outfit, especially your hair and the shoes!! New follower!
    Creamy

15. April 5, 2012 / 3:29 pm

wow…congrats on the feature! You totally deserve it…you are always so chic! I like this outfit on you…the zigzag skirt is fabulous! The knitted top is lovely too. You are an accessories queen too. I like the mix of bangles.

mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

16. April 6, 2012 / 3:16 am

Frigging awesome! I can say I knew you back when……..
    Again thanks so much for your help. I just posted a bigger me. To big but to tired to try to figure out how to fix it. Will try to find time this weekend. 11 hours today and not looking great tomorrow! Have a great weekend!

17. April 6, 2012 / 4:59 am

congrats on your new found celebrity! I love the skirt in this outfit!

18. April 7, 2012 / 1:08 am

I love that snake bracelet! It's so creepy/awesome. In real life I hate snakes, but I would definitely be willing to wear snake jewelry.

Also, congrats on the NY Times feature! That's so exciting!

19. April 8, 2012 / 3:47 pm

Loving so many thing about this look. The colours are gorgeous and perfect for spring,the print clashing has been styled perfectly and i really like how the belt brings the whole looks together. You have a great sense of style 🙂

Take care,Daniella xox