Office chic in black and neon

So I think this is about as minimalist as I get. This two-tone top was a recent impulse purchase from Next, and in real life it’s almost neon yellow, maybe a little lime green. I just love it, not least because of the colours but because it looks like one top over another. And I know that teamed with loose fit trousers you end up with, well, a straight-up-and-down silhouette, but sometimes it’s nice to feel a little less restricted (especially sitting behind a desk all day). As Keiko Lynn said in a post a little while ago, if I want to wear something I love even if it’s shapeless and doesn’t really show off my figure then why shouldn’t I…?!

So I went the whole hog and added masculine patent flats. Another pair from my mini brogues collection I’ve got going on 😉

Are you all looking forward to the weekend? I know I am… My parents return from a long holiday overseas tomorrow so I can’t wait to see them as I haven’t seen them since New Year.
Happy Thursday everyone!

Top: Next, Trousers: Next (old), Brogues: Aldo similar (not patent), Bag: Julien Macdonald at Debenhams (old), Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters (instore), Earrings: Unknown, Watch: 4itgirls.co.uk, Bracelets: ASOS / Topshop, Black ring: Unknown, Silver ring: ASOS, Nails: OPI Cuckoo For This Color NL Z22, Lips: Revlon Coral

Oh and please don’t forget to vote for me in The Accessorize Style Icon contest on Facebook!

Click on the photo to take you to Facebook, then “Like” Accessorize and click on “Photo Competition” on the left. Thanks folks you’re lovely :))

Linking up to:

Fashion Friday at Blonde Episodes

1. March 15, 2012 / 1:37 pm

Neon is such a trendy color for spring. Your duo tone top is modern and subtly chic. I like the fitted pants…very sleek look. And you have got great accessories as usual. Thanks for all your sweet comments by the way, really appreciate it.

mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

2. March 16, 2012 / 4:25 am

This look was a bit of a surprise, but I love the "sleekness" of it. The way you've cuffed the pants is especially nice.

3. March 17, 2012 / 8:32 pm

This is very subdued for you 🙂 I like it, though! And I agree – fashion shouldn't be just about flattering your figure. Sometimes it's nice to wear different shapes, especially if they're comfortable!

• March 18, 2012 / 9:22 am

It is subdued, isn't it Stacey…. though I think if the top wasn't neon it might be too subdued (for me)! Thank you xoxo

4. March 17, 2012 / 9:58 pm

Oh I love that nail polish and all your accessories! Very stylish.

5. March 18, 2012 / 4:49 pm

I think the straight silhouette looks lovely with the minimalistic pieces! Great colors, straight lines… I prefer comfort above all else, so I'd totally love an outfit like this! Fantastic look Catherine 🙂

xoxo, Blair

6. March 19, 2012 / 3:24 am

This is fabulous. I love the menswear look. Thanks for linking up honey…have a great week! Kori xoxo

7. March 20, 2012 / 11:19 pm

I'm doing a story on neon for the Huffington Post. Email me at wbjewelry at hotmail dot com if you'd like to participate!