Windswept in a 70s maxi

Hooray – my vintage 70s maxi skirt finally gets to be worn! It was bought in lovely warm weather in September when I couldn’t imagine the cool temperatures needed to wear it… but oh boy I needed it when this picture was taken, it was absolutely freezing and I’m amazed I got any pictures at all due to the biting wind. So no hands on show for this shoot (in that cold this girl was showing off jewellery for no man).

I absolutely adore the chevron stripes (warm colours) contrasted with the polkadots (black and white). You’ll be seeing a lot more of the scarf – this is its third winter and I love it. Because it’s cotton and ma-hoosive (long and wide) it can be worn in so many different ways. And the skirt is just like a long woollen blanket made into a skirt; in fact that’s probably what it actually is…!

*7 sleeps till Christmas*
(ends tomorrow)

Skirt: Thrifted, vintage
Jacket: Debenhams
Scarf: Asos similar
Belt: Asos
Boots: Fly London

Linking up to:

Visible Monday on Patti’s Not Dead Yet Style (definitely visible in this maxi!)
Spunky Chateau’s Thursdays are for Thrifters
Mom Trends’ Monday Mingle
Color Blind’s Thrifter’s Anonymous
Cute and Little’s Color Brigade
The Pleated Poppy’s What I Wore Wednesday

1. December 18, 2011 / 5:19 pm

First, may I borrow your word "mahoosive"? : > second, I adore that skirt – it looks warm and chic and the chevron print is fab. Happy Sunday!

2. December 18, 2011 / 6:14 pm

Wonderful! I love how the red belt and shoes also really pick up the colors in the skirt.

3. Anonymous
    December 18, 2011 / 9:49 pm

It will be interesting to see this fantastic skirt with a jacket from "Checks, denim and a little horse" look. And you've got a perfect brown sweater to go with it as well 🙂

4. December 19, 2011 / 6:02 pm

The first photo looks like it came straight out of a fashion mag. You look so chic. What a great find that skirt was!

5. December 19, 2011 / 7:47 pm

Absolutely adore this skirt, would kill for one! You look great and I love the simplicity and chicness of your styling.

<3 Cambria

6. December 19, 2011 / 10:42 pm

obsessed with that wide bright red belt…it would be PERFECT with half the things hanging in my closet. JEALOUS.
    Happy Monday

7. December 20, 2011 / 1:13 am

All the colors and patterns work beautifully together…what a stunning look!

8. December 20, 2011 / 4:14 am

Catherine, beautiful skirt, especially like it because of the pattern and it's vintage. Have a great day, darling. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

9. December 20, 2011 / 12:46 pm

that maxi is amazinng!! im green with vintage envy 🙂 xx

10. December 20, 2011 / 5:27 pm

aww that outfit is sooo beautiful! absolutely loving your maxi skirt and that polka dots scarf!

11. December 21, 2011 / 10:50 pm

Visiting from Monday Mingle.
    Wow, the colors of this outfit worked amazing together. The red belt over white is such a striking contrast. Your hair color is also amazing.
    Love the profile sentence 'for non 20-somethings'.
    I am right there with you.

12. December 26, 2011 / 2:53 am

hooray indeed! I absolutely love this skirt! LOVELOVE I love seeing your thrifted finds keep em comin sweetie!