Windswept in a 70s Maxi

Not Dressed As Lamb

Hooray – my vintage 70s maxi skirt finally gets to be worn!

It was bought in lovely warm weather in September when I couldn’t imagine the cool temperatures needed to wear it… but oh boy I needed it when this picture was taken, it was absolutely freezing and I’m amazed I got any pictures at all due to the biting wind. So no hands on show for this shoot (in that cold this girl was showing off jewellery for no man).

I absolutely adore the chevron stripes (warm colours) contrasted with the polkadots (black and white). You’ll be seeing a lot more of the scarf – this is its third winter and I love it. Because it’s cotton and ma-hoosive (long and wide) it can be worn in so many different ways. And the skirt is just like a long woollen blanket made into a skirt; in fact that’s probably what it actually is…!

*7 sleeps till Christmas*

Not Dressed As Lamb

Skirt: Thrifted, vintage
Jacket: Debenhams
Scarf: Asos similar
Belt: Asos
Boots: Fly London

RELATED  A Warm, Stylish Dog Walking Outfit #iwillwearwhatilike

1. December 26, 2011 / 2:53 am

hooray indeed! I absolutely love this skirt! LOVELOVE I love seeing your thrifted finds keep em comin sweetie!
    shana

2. December 21, 2011 / 10:50 pm

Visiting from Monday Mingle.
    Wow, the colors of this outfit worked amazing together. The red belt over white is such a striking contrast. Your hair color is also amazing.
    Love the profile sentence 'for non 20-somethings'.
    I am right there with you.
    Daphne.

3. December 20, 2011 / 5:27 pm

aww that outfit is sooo beautiful! absolutely loving your maxi skirt and that polka dots scarf!

4. December 20, 2011 / 12:46 pm

that maxi is amazinng!! im green with vintage envy 🙂 xx

5. December 20, 2011 / 4:14 am

Catherine, beautiful skirt, especially like it because of the pattern and it's vintage. Have a great day, darling. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

6. December 20, 2011 / 1:13 am

All the colors and patterns work beautifully together…what a stunning look!

7. Carly
    December 19, 2011 / 10:42 pm

obsessed with that wide bright red belt…it would be PERFECT with half the things hanging in my closet. JEALOUS.
    Happy Monday
    C

8. December 19, 2011 / 7:47 pm

Absolutely adore this skirt, would kill for one! You look great and I love the simplicity and chicness of your styling.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

9. Adrienne
    December 19, 2011 / 6:02 pm

The first photo looks like it came straight out of a fashion mag. You look so chic. What a great find that skirt was!

10. Anonymous
    December 18, 2011 / 9:49 pm

It will be interesting to see this fantastic skirt with a jacket from "Checks, denim and a little horse" look. And you've got a perfect brown sweater to go with it as well 🙂

11. December 18, 2011 / 6:14 pm

Wonderful! I love how the red belt and shoes also really pick up the colors in the skirt.

12. December 18, 2011 / 5:19 pm

First, may I borrow your word "mahoosive"? : > second, I adore that skirt – it looks warm and chic and the chevron print is fab. Happy Sunday!