Wedding Week is drawing to an end soon (my massive £250 Damsel in a Dress giveaway ends Monday); in the meantime, my fourth wedding guest outfit is What To Wear To A Wedding Evening Reception - we're talking party outfits! I often think this can be a hard one to dress for, because you won't be going to church or need a hat, but it's a dressed up evening out look rather than a daytime look you're after... anyone else ever felt unsure about "sticking out" amongst the guests that had been there all day because you want to get your dancing gear on?!
I think you need to keep the balance between going for a party look and keeping it respectful, so here's my tips for how to dress for a wedding evening reception:
- An evening reception is basically a party, so avoid the floor sweeping maxis and wear a dress you can dance in (so shorter is okay)
- With that in mind, keep it classy - this is someone's wedding, not nighttime Ibiza
- Think dressy: wear a fabulous piece of statement jewellery if your dress is plain, or let a pattern do the talking
- It's a good idea to wear your hair up or off your face so it doesn't bother you when you're on the dance floor (you'll be cooler that way too)
- Wear heels of course but make sure they're comfortable - there's nothing worse than having to take your shoes off for dancing and ruining your look!
I have one more post for Wedding Week - a final post where I've challenged myself to style one dress for three weddings (not an easy task but sometimes a necessity to save money)! As mentioned above, my giveaway to win £250 to spend at Damsel in a Dress ends on Monday. DO NOT MISS the opportunity to win this amazing prize - wedding invite or not, you could get yourself a stunning dress, separates or a trouser suit: click below to go to the giveaway if you haven't entered already - hurry hurry :)
How have you got round the challenge of dressing for an evening reception? If you have any good tips do please share!
Shop my look! Items marked* are the actual items, if still available:
Dress: Reiss*, Heels: DIYed old nude pair (see tutorial here), Hair donut: Asos*, Clutch: Accessorize, Necklace: Coast, Tights: Unknown, Earrings: Unknown, Watch: Gift (old), Bracelets: Tiffany & Co / Next / F+F at Tesco, Nails: Models Own Dream Stream*
Linking up to: Share Your Style Saturdays, Monday Bloom, Monday Mingle, Creative Mondays, Yolo Mondays, Wardrobe Wednesdays, What I Wore Wednesday