How to Do Comfy But Stylish Chic | Blush Knit, Boyfriend Jeans, Tartan Scarf

So it’s official: December was the UK’s mildest on record. It explains my lack of thick coats with scarves, gloves and boots on the blog so far this season!

The mild temperatures we’ve had have meant I’ve been able to do “comfy but stylish chic” for the odd days I’ve ventured outside, despite my slipped disc. On the day we took these photos I’d actually been to a physio appointment, and the lack of layers (and socks and boots) meant getting undressed was a lot easier, especially with my grey slip-on mules. So thank you, weather, for being kind that day…!

I’m glad I’ve been able to show you my new (and now half price!) blush textured sweater from Asos that you may have seen on Instagram – I love the pattern in the knit and the wide sleeves. One of my collection of tartan scarves (this one and this one are similar) from last year’s plaid shopping spree was the perfect non-essential accessory: It was a “Do I need a scarf? Nah. I’ll just drape one casually over my shoulder anyway” moment (that worked).

Lastly I’m sure you’ve seen but I’m going to be banging on about this for a couple of weeks yet (so sorry!): My campaign to be nominated for the UK Blog Awards 2016 (it’s, like, THE award to win) is in full swing, please click here to vote for me! It’s a daily vote this year, so you can vote with each email address you have once a day until 25th January.

UKBA16 - Vote for Not Dressed As Lamb

(you can vote every day!)

Your votes will help me get shortlisted like I was year, then if I am I really hope to go on and win the judging round this time! I’m so grateful for all the votes you’ve been casting – thank you so, so much.

How have your temperatures affected your wardrobe so far this season? Are you having typical weather for the time of year, or are you experiencing something out-of-the-ordinary? Tell me in the comments or tweet me @notlamb!

Blush Knitwear, Boyfriend Jeans, Felt Fedora, Tartan Scarf
Blush Knitwear, Felt Fedora, Tartan Scarf, Long Coin Pendant
Blush Knitwear, Boyfriend Jeans, Felt Fedora, Tartan Scarf
Textured Blush Knit, Coin Pendant, Copper Nails
Blush Knitwear, Boyfriend Jeans, Felt Fedora, Tartan Scarf
Boyfriend Jeans, Tartan Scarf, Flat Mules
Blush Knitwear, Felt Fedora, Tartan Scarf, Long Coin Pendant
Sweater: ASOS (50% off!) | Jeans: La Redoute (similar) | Shoes: ASOS | Scarf: ASOS (similar) | Hat: c/o La Redoute (close match) | Bag: c/o La Redoute (I like this one) | Sunglasses: c/o Lulus (similar save, similar splurge) | Pendant: c/o FrontRowShop | Ring: Cornish jeweller (I like this one) | Nails: Models Own Chrome ‘Copper’

P.S. Don’t forget to cast your daily vote for me in the UK Blog Awards – thank you!!

Linking up to: Style StoriesiwillwearwhatilikeVisible MondayLet It ShineMonday MingleStyle Sessions, Turning Heads TuesdayTrend Spin Link-UpWhat I Wore WednesdayBrilliant Blog PostsThrowback Thursday, My Refined StylePassion for Fashion FridayFriday’s Fab Favourites, Fun Fashion Friday, A Labour of Fashion

1. January 7, 2016 / 4:36 pm

I'm experiencing a very very hot weather here. There's no rain for a few days now. I can only wish I can do some layering or wear knitted sweaters.
    I've voted for you and will do so in the next few days too. Hope that these votes will get you the award =D Oh, and Happy Year 2016 to you too =)

• January 9, 2016 / 11:34 pm

Oh Yen I can't imagine what a hot January is like!! Hopefully it'll cool down for you…! Thank you so much for voting, HNY to you too x

• January 9, 2016 / 11:35 pm

I am too, Linda – thank you 🙂 And yes I'll pop over xx

2. January 8, 2016 / 3:32 pm

Oh boy…I can only imagine how relieved you must be that you haven't had to struggle with tons of layers recently, dearest Catherine; "comfy but chic" is the ONLY way to go when you're recovering from an injury!! How does the physiotherapist feel you're coming along, by the way?? And may I just say – I am absolutely IN LOVE with the bell sleeves of this sweater (so unexpected!)…and those patent mules are making me drool, too!! P.S. Thank you for the reminders about the UK Blog Awards…I'm voting for you every chance I get!! XOXO

• January 10, 2016 / 12:04 am

It has been nice, Monika… but the weather has now turned, it's freezing!! Luckily I have't had to go out anywhere since but we'll see how I fare during a photos hoot tomorrow!

Thank you for the lovely comments and for asking about my leg, it's been so much better this last week, I can walk almost normally now, and the pain is intermittent rather than constant. Feel like I've finally turned a corner…! xx

3. January 9, 2016 / 12:27 am

Great sweater! And I love the scarf and how you wore it!

It's been raining more (thankfully!!!), and I have enjoyed bring out my raincoat!

Off to vote now! Again, good luck!

4. January 9, 2016 / 5:46 am

Wonderful outfit and pictures!!

5. January 9, 2016 / 1:31 pm

Wet and soggy here :o(
    I hope you are getting better, and the physio is helping…onwards and upwards.
    That jumper is a lovely colour, on you and I really like the whole look (especially the choice of accessories, on point, as always) ….BUT…..I actually grimaced when I looked at your shoes!!
    Hahaha…not because I don't like them (I have admired them in other outfits and have something similar) Just because it is so cold, and yucky, here that I would be in danger of snapping at the ankles!
    I am glad the weather was on your side though.
    This mild and wet weather has been miserable, hasn't it?
    I was actually thrilled to find frost on the path this morning and to slip into my fur lined boots to walk Jake.
    I am (not so) secretly hoping for snow soon…please, please, please…
    Fake Fabulous

• January 10, 2016 / 12:11 am

Haha I can't believe you WANT snow, Samantha!! I always get colder hands out and about than I do feet, so gloves come before socks and boots 😉

• January 10, 2016 / 12:22 am

Aww Dawn Lucy thank you SO much, so glad to have your support! x

6. January 9, 2016 / 9:32 pm

You look utterly stunning, love this laid back but luxe style look and that hat *swoons x

• January 10, 2016 / 12:25 am

Vicki thank you!! I think I'd have a fedora in every colour if I could…!

7. January 10, 2016 / 6:12 am

you look great! really loving your look! Also, I love your hair! the cut and color are gorgeous!

• January 10, 2016 / 11:54 pm

Oh hun thanks so much, I recently cut my hair and I love it too!! x

8. January 10, 2016 / 7:55 am

Looking fabulous Catherine. Good luck for the awards you deserve it
    Laurie x

• January 10, 2016 / 11:55 pm

Laurie thanks so much!! The campaigning is exhausting…! x

9. January 10, 2016 / 11:28 am

Beautiful sweater and scarf 🙂

10. January 10, 2016 / 2:40 pm

Great look and beautiful photos yet again Catherine! Enjoy your Sunday. Love, Kathleen x

11. January 10, 2016 / 7:53 pm

Your level of styling is sublime as ever Catherine. Such a casual look, but so polished thanks to nails, sunglasses, hat etc – you're always immaculate and an inspiration.
    Anna's Island Style

• January 10, 2016 / 11:57 pm

Oh Anna that's really sweet of you, thank you – believe me when I say though that I am most definitely NOT always immaculate… You should see me on all the other days!! But at least I'm making an effort on the days I do go out :))

12. January 10, 2016 / 11:16 pm

We're experiencing a cold spell here in Houston for the moment and I am so not complaining 🙂 loving every moment of being able to revel in sweat-free days and thick layers. Your jumper is truly sublime, Catherine, the way the knitted rows criss cross and form diagonal lines, almost futuristic, you know?

Much love, your groupie Sheela

• January 10, 2016 / 11:58 pm

Gosh, Groupie Sheela, I can't imagine a hot January!! Thank you so much my lovely, you're a sweetheart x

13. January 11, 2016 / 8:18 pm

Ah I see, Sheela is your groupie haha. Well.. I suppose after all these years I am some kind of a groupie too wouldn't you say?
    Looking terrific Catherine. Everything is carefully in balance with each other but looks effortlessly. As you say casual chic. In reality that scarf would of course bother you no end, but it is nice for the picture.
    Oh I voted.

• January 11, 2016 / 8:26 pm

By the way, I noticed you cut your hair. It still looks good. Healthy and thick.

• January 11, 2016 / 8:30 pm

The scarf didn't bother me on the day – if it had been cold and windy it would have been a different story! It stayed on my shoulder quite happily, haha 😉

Thank you so much for voting, for the kind comments, and for liking my hair! I had it chopped about a month ago, but did it in two stages… I was too chicken to cut 30cm off in one go!!!!

14. January 16, 2016 / 6:55 pm

Love the design and color of the sweater, especially the sleeves. I am bringing my "boyfriends back" as they look great and are comfy as you know.Those shoes are so cool and I love your stylish hat!
    jess xx
    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!