How to Dress Up a White Boyfriend Tee | With Bright Colours and Prints

White boyfriend tee, tropical print trousers, cobalt heels, peach bag
I didn’t actually realise at the time quite how I much I liked this easy-wear outfit of a white boyfriend tee and tropical print trousers. I got the them in the sale at Dorothy Perkins along with the peach bag which first appeared in my last outfit post (and it won’t be the last time, either). These fabulous trousers “forced” me to rediscover my cobalt heels which got quite a few compliments on the day. Result.

Like a great pair of jeans, a white boyfriend-fit tee can be one of the most hard working pieces in your wardrobe. Worn untucked like I’ve done here, part-tucked into jeans, under dungarees, tucked into a full midi skirt… The possibilities are endless. Hooray for such a versatile piece.

What are the most hard-working pieces in your wardrobe? Are (like me) forever searching for the perfect white t-shirt/white shirt/jeans, etc.? Tell me in the comments!

White boyfriend tee, tropical print trousers, peach bag
White boyfriend tee, tropical print trousers, cobalt heels, peach bag
White tee, tropical print trousers, peach bag
White boyfriend tee, tropical print trousers, cobalt heels, peach bag
White boyfriend tee, cat eye sunglasses
White boyfriend tee, cat eye sunglasses
Trousers: Dorothy Perkins | T-shirt: Asos (similar) | Shoes: Barratts at Debenhams (similar) | Bag: Dorothy Perkins | Earrings: Topshop | Sunglasses: c/o Lulus (similar) | Watch: Asos | Nails: Barry M Gelly Blueberry

Shop the look:

TwitterFacebookBloglovinInstagramGoogle PlusPinterestYouTube
P.S. If you like my Facebook page you’ll get what’s on the blog plus lots of extra shizzle!

Linking up to: Visible MondayLet It ShineMonday MingleStyle Sessions, Turning Heads TuesdayTrend Spin Link-UpWhat I Wore WednesdayBrilliant Blog PostsThrowback ThursdayPassion for Fashion FridayFriday’s Fab Favourites

1. August 24, 2015 / 6:11 pm

Looks warm and lovely there (as opposed to hot and sticky here : > ) . Great feminine look. xox

• August 25, 2015 / 11:16 pm

The weather (quite literally) blows hot and cold here, Patti!! Thank you my lovely x

2. August 24, 2015 / 6:59 pm

Ooooo Catherine I may have to make a little purchase with Dotty P's now, I've been trying so hard not look at their sale item but those trousers are just so cute I may have to break my promise to myself xx

• August 25, 2015 / 11:17 pm

Their sale prices are REALLY cheap, Gail – I'm afraid once you're there you won't be adding just one thing to your basket…!

3. August 24, 2015 / 8:05 pm

LOVE the trousers! And, no, I currently don't own "the perfect" white (or black) tee…

• August 25, 2015 / 11:17 pm

Thank you Andrea! Keep searching, you'll find it eventually ;))

4. August 24, 2015 / 8:22 pm

Gosh I love those cobalt shoes…I own a (very) similar blue suede pair from Nine West. They just seem to lift other items into "wow" territory. Such a great look.
    Fresh and fabulous!
    Fake Fabulous

• August 24, 2015 / 9:07 pm

Btw, I am constantly on the look out for a great white T….It's almost impossible. Fit, fabric, texture, drape, quality…The list goes on of problems. If I ever find a perfect one I will buy 5!

• August 25, 2015 / 11:18 pm

Yep I'm so glad I dug these blue beauties out again, Samantha – the colour is amazing…!!

5. August 24, 2015 / 10:46 pm

Love the look and the colours. Especially with the white, makes it pop even more.

• August 25, 2015 / 11:19 pm

Thank you Suzanne – it's quite unusual for me to go with white with such a strong pattern but even I tone it down sometimes…!! 😉

6. August 25, 2015 / 6:53 pm

Catherine!!! I just found your blog and you know what? I´m so glad I did! You have great style and you are such a beauty… I have to admit, I´m in love. With you. And your blog. I read about 50 posts today and I was asking myself… how does she know? She´s writing about the same things I do…. and then I knew. It´s our age. You´re amazing. The end.
    Sending love, Doro

• September 20, 2015 / 1:44 pm

Doro I'm so sorry I'm late with this… I'm so behind with my replies!! It's so nice to e-meet you, and thank you for the lovely comments! I know that feeling when you find a great new blog, it's like a eureka moment… I'm so flattered to have done that for you! xx

7. August 26, 2015 / 5:23 am

The colors and print of your pants are amazing! As much as I love colors and patterns, I can't pull off wearing floral pants.

Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

8. August 26, 2015 / 11:01 am

Love the botanical print pants! One positive about having an inverted triangle shape is that I can wear pants with a bold pattern, it actually can work perfectly for me! As for the item always sought? The perfect slim/skinny jeans.

9. August 27, 2015 / 1:54 pm

I love a good white T-shirt – it looks gorgeous with so many things. I'm a big fan of jeans – skinny, flared, bootcut, high waist, etc and a clean white tee looks amazing with them, dressed up with some fab jewellery and heels. My problem is I haven't found a really nice quality white tee yet (I struggle living in Portugal). Maybe it's time I bought online. I've heard M&S ones are good.
    Suzy x

10. August 28, 2015 / 11:19 am

Ahh the perfect white tee, it is so elusive! It doesn't help that 99% of them these days are completely sheer, agh! The ASOS one looks nice and opaque, though, might have to give it a try. I really love this look on you, the bold accessories compliment it so well. 🙂 xo

11. August 28, 2015 / 2:18 pm

I have a super soft white tee, perhaps I need to wear it!! Love this look, the print is fabulous and can be worn year round and I love the scalloped detailing on the beautiuful peach bag. Pretty look my friend!!
    Thank you for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday
    jess xx

12. August 29, 2015 / 8:00 pm

Very pretty. I love how you added another colour, this bright blue. Makes the outfit so much more interesting. I think all the pieces come together to create perfection. Those earrings!!!
    But comfortable? With those heels? Hmmm. Oh well it is fashion.