Window Pane Checks and a Gold Leo Pendant (With Matching Lion’s Mane)

Black and white window pane check coat, roll neck and fedora
I had a feeling I’d be wearing this window pane check coat to death when I first got it a month ago – I wasn’t wrong. This is its fourth appearance on the blog in as many weeks, so that proves what a versatile piece for spring it is. Mine’s from George at Asda and sadly long since sold out, but this coat is a great alternative (and reasonably priced too).

These photos were taken at Covent Garden when we went up for the Easter weekend to see James McAvoy (yet again) in a play in London’s West End (see this tweet* which summed up my feelings about it. “Eyes popped out my head” doesn’t. even. begin). As this is the third West End play I’ve seen him in I’m fully aware of my pending stalker status…!

Back to my outfit: the fabulous giant 1970s Leo pendant was gifted to me via curated vintage jeweller Sweet & Spark – I’m not afraid to admit I love a bit of bling and this is particularly Mr. T-worthy (Google “The A Team 1980s”). If you’re wondering – yes, my star sign is Leo, and no, I don’t believe in horoscopes. I’d love it anyway even if Leo weren’t my star sign, but best of all I had a reason to style my hair like a great big lion’s mane to match. All-in-all a perfect sightseeing outfit with the fedora, comfy flat boots and white roll neck.

Did I feel a little like a 1970s pimp? Yes. And fabulously so 😉

Are you a lover of a bit of bling – giant, vintage, sparkly or otherwise? Do share details in the comments of your treasured pieces!

Black and white window pane checks, gold Leo pendant
Black and white window pane check coat, roll neck and fedora
Black and white window pane checks, gold Leo pendant
Black and white window pane checks, roll neck, fedor and gold Leo pendant
Coat: c/o George at Asda (alternative) | Roll neck: Asos | Leo pendant: c/o Sweet & Spark | Jeans: c/o JQ Jeans | Boots: c/o La Redoute | Fedora: Miss Selfridge (similar) | Bag: Asos | Nails: Models Own Lemon Meringue (similar)

Shop the look:

TwitterFacebookBloglovinInstagramGoogle PlusPinterest
P.S. Like this outfit? You might want to browse everything I’ve worn on the blog on my Outfits page!

Photos: Silver Londoner | Linking up to: Visible Monday, Let It Shine, Share in Style, Monday Mingle, Style Sessions, Turning Heads Tuesday, Trend Spin Link-Up, What I Wore Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Passion for Fashion Friday, Friday’s Fab Favourites

*don’t forget “pants” in the UK means underpants, not trousers. So yes, just his underpants. I was this >>>

• April 11, 2015 / 10:43 am

I know it was amazing how quickly it sold out, wasn't it Katy?! xx

• April 11, 2015 / 10:44 am

Aww thanks Emma – I think the fact that I've worn it so many times is proof that I'm totally in love with it ;))

1. April 10, 2015 / 4:59 pm

Yes that is a great coat! Had I just seen it hanging in the shops I would never have given it a second look. Seeing it styled makes all the difference. As for bling – the bigger and more golden the better! Lovely lion necklace 🙂

repeating myself from another comment earlier today: Thank you for all the fantastic tips on improving my blog. I've been at it all day 😀

• April 11, 2015 / 10:45 am

Haha you're a fab of the blog then, Tine?!! Thank you for your lovely comment – plus I'm glad the tips are helping… I've probably given you a heap of work to do (sorry)!!!!

• April 11, 2015 / 10:46 am

I have a feeling this duster coat shape will become a modern classic, Monica! Thank you my lovely x

2. April 10, 2015 / 6:54 pm

The coat is great – you can find the best little gems at Asda. But your hat is what really makes the outfit for me. I love fedoras but I'm just not confident enough to wear them. They always look better on someone else@

• April 11, 2015 / 10:58 am

Funny I've always been a hat person, I often feel a bit naked without one! Thank you sweetie x

3. April 10, 2015 / 10:59 pm

That's a fabulous coat, oozing with personality. xox

4. April 11, 2015 / 10:47 pm

Loving the coat Catherine! I adore that you styled it with flat lace up boots, so chic. Your necklace is so different and eye catching, two qualities I love in pieces. 🙂

Take care and a great Sunday,

• April 12, 2015 / 7:47 pm

Thank you so much Daniella, the lace up boots were more for comfort but I think they work better than heels may have!!

• April 12, 2015 / 7:52 pm

Aww thanks Dawn – I'm so pleased with the pendant, it's such a beauty!!

5. April 13, 2015 / 12:51 am

that coat is AMAZING!!!

6. April 14, 2015 / 4:22 pm

Love this jacket and those boots are great with it. This window pane print has grown on me, and you know I am a fan of James McAvoy .. very talented! ( and not bad to look at!)

Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx

• April 15, 2015 / 10:43 am

I love my florals still but I have to admit this white window pane check is fast becoming my favourite print for spring, Jess! Thank you my lovely x

7. April 24, 2015 / 5:44 pm

I am trying to figure out what makes your outfit so awesome. Is it the proportions? The hat? The black and white? The long red hair? The pop of dark red in the bag? Or everything? I choose everything. It just is one of those outfits which makes you look good even if it you are wearing flats. As a matter of fact… these boots are better with it than high heels (and I don't say that easily).

• April 27, 2015 / 10:11 pm

Wow that's great compliment, I know how (constructively) critical you can be, Greetje!! 😉 I don't normally think the same about flats either, but I think I got the *right* flats for this outfit… can't think of another flat that would work. The thing I like the most is the hair…!!!!! Thank you so much :))