Classic Denim Dungarees and Patterned Bow Blouse | La Redoute Brand Ambassador Post

Blue denim dungarees (overalls), patterned Peter Pan collar shirt
This has to be my favourite go-to outfit for crazy-weather season: classic denim dungarees and a pretty patterned bow blouse (both La Redoute). As long as the sun doesn’t get too hot (which it has done, weirdly, in the last couple of days) then this is perfect for spring. I’m not afraid to admit I feel more than a touch Beverly Hillbillies in it, but as I was a fan of the black and white TV series when I was a kid – yes I’m that old! – that’s no bad thing.

I’ve wanted a pair of classic blue denim dungarees for absolutely years. I have a pair of grey Asos ones but they’re not the traditional style like these with the front clasps, and with this pair I can do the whole one-side-undone-look with a white tank and look like a female car mechanic or something… there’s so many different personas I can take on with them 😉

This is my penultimate La Redoute brand ambassador post I’m sad to say. I’ve held the position for nearly a year now and have really enjoyed seeing their new collections each season and sharing my French-style outfits with you. Check out all my ambassador posts here – I’m thinking of doing a round up of the best from the last 12 months, so watch out for that!

I know they divide opinion but are you a “yay” or a “nay” when it comes to dungarees (or overalls as the say across the pond)? Many think they’re unflattering but I don’t care when they’re this classic…!

Blue denim dungarees (overalls), patterned Peter Pan collar shirt and heeled clogs
Blue denim dungarees (overalls), patterned shirt and heeled clogs
Blue denim dungarees (overalls), patterned Peter Pan collar shirt
Blue denim dungarees (overalls), patterned Peter Pan collar shirt
Blouse: c/o La Redoute | Dungarees: c/o La Redoute | Heels: New Look, old (I like these ones which are perfect for this year’s 70s flares trend) | Bag: Accessorize (I like this one) | Sunglasses: c/o Lulus (similar)

Shop the look:

TwitterFacebookBloglovinInstagramGoogle PlusPinterest
P.S. Like this post? You might also enjoy other ways I’ve styled dungarees: French Style with Breton stripes | With a black leather jacket & Adidas Superstars | With a bejeweled beanie & polka dots | With Carrie Bradshaw style curls & pink heels

Photos: Silver Londoner | Linking up to: Visible Monday, Let It Shine, Share in Style, Monday Mingle, Style Sessions, Turning Heads Tuesday, Trend Spin Link-Up, What I Wore Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Passion for Fashion Friday, Friday’s Fab Favourites

I am a brand ambassador for La Redoute after winning a competition to find two bloggers to represent the brand for 2014-15. The prize included a budget to spend at La Redoute each month. All content is original, however, and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

• April 15, 2015 / 4:53 pm

Praise be, I have had a pair for a year, still in the cupboard with tags on.. At 43 I now feel inspired to wear them.

• April 21, 2015 / 9:47 pm

Do it, Nicole – you'll love them!!!! And Molly: get them on, girl!!

1. April 15, 2015 / 5:08 pm

I like the way you styled them in this post – you look good. I would quite like the short denim dungarees too for when it's really hot . I don't actually have any so might need to think about getting some. Lorraine x

• April 21, 2015 / 9:48 pm

Yes they're lovely too, Lorraine – though I just don't have the legs for them. Playsuits are not my friend…!! Thanks hun x

2. April 15, 2015 / 6:18 pm

I love this playful look. I am usually a nay when it comes to dungarees but looks like I might be a yay after reading this post.

• April 21, 2015 / 9:48 pm

Haha sounds like I've converted you, Stella! Thanks my lovely x

3. April 16, 2015 / 12:03 am

I love the look of overalls, and you are really rocking this look. I have a fashion link up on Thursdays would love to have you come visit

• April 21, 2015 / 9:49 pm

Thank you Linda – I'll try and remember (though maybe tweet me a reminder?) x

4. April 16, 2015 / 3:13 am

A fun playful look. I have not worn overalls in forever and not sure I can still pull it off. I think wearing the heels helped to dress it up.

Alice

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

• April 21, 2015 / 9:49 pm

Yeah I like the contrast of tomboy and ladylike, Alice! Thank you x

5. April 16, 2015 / 7:31 am

Dexys Midnight Runners 🙂

Decades ago I wore nothing but dungarees, they were so comfortable. But with a large bust they're NOT! So no more dungarees for me. You look great in yours, I really like the shirt you've paired it with, and your old New Look shoes.

• April 21, 2015 / 9:52 pm

Yes to DMR, Tine!!!! Remember them…?! I can see how they wouldn't work with a large bust. Now I know this seems odd, but I do have a very large bust myself – but somehow the dungarees have made me look almost completely flat-chested. HOW?!!!! And in case anybody thinks "she's not big-busted" (not that I really want to share this) my cup size is somewhere between an E and a G. NOT what you'd call flat chested at all…!!!!!

Anyway (hmm bit of over sharing there) – thank you my lovely!! 🙂

6. April 16, 2015 / 7:34 am

Who the hell thinks dungarees are unflattering? On the contrary, I think they make the butt more sassy and very flattering! 😀
    Love this outfit on you, you look so playful and girly, the hair is super cute too ^_^

• April 21, 2015 / 9:54 pm

Oh you'd be amazed at the comments dungarees attract, Keit!! I've been told in the past flat-out that I should NOT be wearing them, that even I can't pull them off, apparently. Like I was going to take any notice…?!!!!!!!! Haha 😉

Thank YOU my lovely – I bet you look flippin' awesome in them yourself!!

7. April 16, 2015 / 11:24 pm

I love dungarees and not just because they've been more on trend as of recent years but because I believe they are more classic then most would like to believe. The pair you have are rather quite perfect and I'm loving the the way you styled them. 🙂

Take care,

• April 21, 2015 / 9:56 pm

Well as the reigning Queen of Masculine Chic (ooh there's a contradiction!) I know you'd style them brilliantly, Daniella! Thanks my lovely, I appreciate your comment – and agree with you about them being classics! :))

8. April 17, 2015 / 3:38 pm

You look divine girl in dungarees, I could not get away with these, the shoes, now I love, New Look (impressed). Gorgeous as always. Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts

• April 27, 2015 / 8:23 pm

I've had these New Look clogs for years, Vicki!! Funny how some cheap buys can last so long and become a staple in your wardrobe. Thanks sweetie xx

9. April 18, 2015 / 10:21 pm

You look great Katherine in those overalls, I used to wear lots of overalls in my twenties they are so comfortable.

• April 27, 2015 / 8:23 pm

Thank you Ana – I have recently wondered whether I'll continue to wear them as I get older…?!! Who knows 😉

10. April 19, 2015 / 12:29 am

I thought I couldn't get away with wearing overalls anymore. After this post, I am reconsidering. I LOVE this entire look!
    xo

• April 27, 2015 / 8:26 pm

Remember it's nthihng to do with age, Trish – it's partly to do with shape, it's a lot to do with the occasion (obviously not for a church wedding or the office!), but I think it's mostly to do with personality. If you're the type of person who likes them and *wants* to wear them, I think they automatically suit your personality.

It's hard to explain, but one day I think I'll try to in a blog post. Watch this space!

And THANK YOU hun for such a sweet comment :))

11. April 19, 2015 / 10:23 pm

Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, Catherine – you are owning those overalls! xox

12. April 20, 2015 / 3:49 am

I am not generally a fan of overalls but if anyone could change my mind it's you:) You are rocking this look.

• April 27, 2015 / 8:27 pm

I agree that it's a good idea to add a touch of femininity to something so masculine, Glenda – it's a great style tip! Thank you my lovely x

13. April 20, 2015 / 8:58 pm

So freaking CUTE, dearest Catherine!! I haven't jumped on the denim "overalls" bandwagon (yet!)…although I did buy a pair of lightweight short-alls last year that I'm looking forward to styling up again this summer!! P.S. I DID just invest in some open-toed mules for the season…but now I'm wishing I'd held out for a pair of clogs!! Darn!! 😉

• April 27, 2015 / 8:30 pm

OMG Monika you would totally suit dungarees I think!! I reckon what you describe as short-alls is probably what we call a playsuit(?), and if so I can't wait to see you in those once your weather warms up properly! And you're a love as always, thank you MUAH xoxo

• April 27, 2015 / 8:32 pm

Hehe thank you Katy lovely :)) The beauty of dungarees is that you can go one size bigger and it doesn't really notice – they don't have to fit your hips *and* waist so just go for whatever size fits your hips comfortably (that's what I did, I went one size up from my usual size)!

14. April 21, 2015 / 5:12 pm

You look super gorgeous, I love love love dungarees and posted an outfit on my blog recently as well. And what really caught my eye: The blouse with the tie: I'm a huge lover of ties. Well done! Kirsten x

• April 27, 2015 / 8:33 pm

It is a lovely blouse, isn't it Kirsten – it's been overshadowed a little by the dungarees in this post though…! Thank you hun xoxo

15. April 24, 2015 / 5:35 pm

I am a nay. Especially on me. And perhaps I cannot see beyond myself. Having an inverted triangle body, this is not a good item for me.
    Greetje

• April 27, 2015 / 8:36 pm

Oh gosh you are good about knowing your body type, Greetje – I just go for hiding the bits I don't like and enhancing the bits I do. A lot of people have been saying (on here and on social) that they can't wear dungarees because they have a big bust – I have a big bust and yet somehow I look almost flat-chested in these pictures, so that's a WIN in my book!!

Sometimes I break the rules and it works… sometimes it doesn't. As you know I usually just wear what I like and see what happens, hehe ;))

• May 7, 2015 / 5:28 pm

I agree. But you are no fool. You know pretty darned well what suits you and what is going to be a disaster. I will admit that an item which is usually wrong on you, can be right, with a plead in the right place or a tuck in another place.