Winter Style | Black and White Check Coat With Baby Blue and Baby Pink

Winter style: Black and white checked coat, blue scarf, pink skinnies
So we’re still in the midst of winter, I’m still wearing coats and layers and scarves and gloves and hats, and I’m really starting to long for spring. But in the meantime I’ll wear a hefty dose of black and white checks (the checked coat in its various guises has done me well this winter!), throw in some black accessories (hat, bag, boots) and give a nod to spring with some baby blue and baby pink.

Once we get past mid-February I literally start counting down the days to spring (1st March in my world). So 12 days to go, that’s all! I’ve already had some new floral pieces delivered, I’m already thinking nautical outfits, and in my ‘real life’ I’ve yet to book our summer holiday for later this year. Our first going-abroad-and-lying-by-the-pool-for-two-weeks holiday in over 10 years… can’t wait!

(Here’s where I sound like your hairdresser) – Have you got a summer holiday booked for this year, and if so, where? I’d love to know what exotic places people are going to, please do share in the comments 🙂

Winter style: Black and white checked coat, blue scarf, pink skinnies
Winter style: Black and white checked coat, blue scarf, pink skinnies
Winter style: Black and white checked coat, blue scarf
Winter style: Black and white checked coat, blue scarf
Coat: Marks & Spencer (I like this one and this one), Scarf: Asos (similar), Sweater: Asos, Jeans: Asos, Boots: c/o Pavers (similar), Bag: c/o La Redoute, Gloves: Next, Hat: Asos (similar), Hair curled with the Babyliss Pro Wand Curling Styler

TwitterFacebookBloglovinInstagramGoogle PlusPinterest
P.S. Like this coat? You might like to see how I styled it in November with red tartan and in 2013 with coral cashmere and red patent brogues…!

Photos: Silver Londoner
Linking up to: Visible MondayLet It ShineShare in StyleMonday MingleStyle SessionsTrend Spin Link-UpWhat I Wore WednesdayThrowback ThursdayPassion for Fashion FridayFashion FridayFriday’s Fab Favourites

1. February 17, 2015 / 6:27 pm

I love the whole look. I have been looking at the baby blue scarf and just love the color. I need more blues in my wardrobe! Paired with the pastel pants and the neutral checked coat, it is lovely!!
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess xx

• February 18, 2015 / 1:02 pm

Oooooooh I bet baby blue would look absolutely stunning with your colouring and your hair, Jess! You have my permission to go and plunder the shops for baby blue everything!! 😉

Thanks so much hun x

2. February 17, 2015 / 7:26 pm

Love the outfit. All of it. And I love the way your hair is looking. Very beautiful.
    By the way, you can sound like my hairdresser, I don't mind. 🙂

• February 18, 2015 / 1:03 pm

Aww Greetje that's really nice of you, thank you. I wish I had time to do my hair like this every day, sadly I don't!!

3. February 17, 2015 / 7:39 pm

Hey, This winter styling is very refreshing. Spring is coming. Very nice. Greetings from Austria!

• February 18, 2015 / 1:03 pm

Thank you Silvi – it's a sort of winter/spring mix, isn't it?!! A bit confusing but I love it :))

4. February 18, 2015 / 3:37 pm

I love this look. Perfect for your last 12 days of winter! I've been really into the windowpane look a lot, and think this coat is perfect for it. And I love the mental game you are playing- you are tricking yourself into thinking it is springtime- those pastel colors look very flattering on you!

Clare | Understated Classics

• February 18, 2015 / 9:11 pm

Hehe I'm clever with the pastels, aren't I Clare…?!! Thanks so much for your lovely comments, glad you liked it!

• February 18, 2015 / 9:32 pm

Oooh Mallorca… I've not been there myself but they say it's beautiful. I think my parents are thinking of going there this year, though. Funnily enough I bought something for my holiday today even though I've not booked it yet!!! A bit premature perhaps…! Thanks Christine x

• February 21, 2015 / 12:06 pm

Not bad considering I'm still wrapped up in a coat and lots of layers, eh Monica…?!! Thank you xx

5. February 19, 2015 / 2:32 am

you look great, we love fall/winter vacationing, love our yard in the summer. Just got back from a cruise and our next trip is Orlando in May, anywhere warm is what I aim for although we are planning the whole Ireland/Scotland/Wales trip three places we both really want to explore.

• February 21, 2015 / 12:08 pm

Ohhhh Orlando in May sounds amazing, Linda! Would you believe I'm English but I've never been to Scotland or Ireland?! I think as Brits we're always in search of warmer weather, maybe that's why I haven't been! And thank you x

6. February 19, 2015 / 6:55 am

Gorgeous coat and love your hat! We don't have big vacation plans yet but headed to the Grand Canyon for spring break and I have never been there and I am so excited.

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

• February 21, 2015 / 12:09 pm

OMG Alice I've been to the Grand Canyon and I'm sure you know already but it was INCREDIBLE. The most awe-inspiring thing I've ever seen in my life… you'll love it! Thank you my sweet xx

7. February 19, 2015 / 8:42 pm

Catherine, your sense of style is just perfect! Looking forward to see you in new floral outfits!

• February 21, 2015 / 12:10 pm

Aww Viktoriya thank you! The florals will hopefully be up on the blog next week. I SO can't wait for spring :))

8. February 20, 2015 / 11:24 am

The blue scarf is great. I am a new visitor to your blog and had to do a double take when I read that you're over 40, you sure don't look it!! You look amazing!

• February 21, 2015 / 12:11 pm

Wow top points for best comment today – thank you soooooo much, sweetie!! Hehe that's really sweet of you, thank you – I hope to see you again!