Yellow Maxi, Black Biker Jacket, Red Tartan Scarf. And Some Stripes.

Biker jacket with tartan scarf and yellow maxi skirt
Okay, so the tartan scarf obsession is getting a little embarrassing now. This white and red scarf is the fourth one I’ve worn on the blog this winter now (see scarves one, two and three). But when they’re this soft and gorgeous then it’s perfectly fine in my opinion!

I love the bold red and yellow with black and white in this outfit – I’ve been wearing neutrals quite a lot lately so it was nice to break out the brights for a change. Though the wind was more than a little challenging here… it works brilliantly for the maxi but not so much for my hair. I’m amazed we got any shots at all with my hands away from my face.

How’s everyone’s New Year going? Let me know if you’re planning any major changes in your wardrobe or your personal style in 2015 – it’s always nice to know what sartorial plans everyone has!

Biker jacket with tartan scarf and yellow maxi skirt
Biker jacket with tartan scarf and yellow maxi skirt
Biker jacket with tartan scarf and yellow maxi skirt
Biker jacket with tartan scarf and yellow maxi skirt
Scarf: Asos, Jacket: Debenhams (similar save, similar splurge), Top: F&F at Tesco, Skirt: Asos (similar), Boots: New Look (similar),  Earrings: Asos, Ring: Asos

TwitterFacebookBloglovinInstagramGoogle PlusPinterest
P.S. If you missed Tuesday’s newsletter you can read it here – don’t miss the next one by signing up now!

Linking up to: Visible Monday, Let It Shine, Share in Style, Monday Mingle, Style Sessions, Trend Spin Link-Up, What I Wore Wednesday, Trendy Wednesday LinkupThrowback Thursday, Passion for Fashion Friday, Friday’s Fab Favourites

• January 7, 2015 / 5:08 pm

Thanks Kacie! I was getting really cross with this shoot, my hair was driving me mad…!

1. January 7, 2015 / 5:38 pm

I'm hoping to go a bit bolder with my colours in 2015. I started last year by adding some reds and greens to my wardrobe, hopefully this year I'll get a bit more yellow and blue in there too.
    Rubi | The Den |

• January 7, 2015 / 10:05 pm

Do it, Rubi! I know I've been wearing neutrals a lot lately as I mentioned but I'm a bold colour girl at heart 😀

2. January 7, 2015 / 5:52 pm

Love the maxi – it's one of my favorite looks. xox

• January 8, 2015 / 1:19 pm

It's such a great colour, isn't it Patti…? Thank you so much x

3. January 7, 2015 / 6:07 pm

Ah that maxi skirt is to de for.What a gorgeous colour!

• January 8, 2015 / 1:19 pm

Hehe just what I mentioned to Patti above! Thank you Sophie =mwah=

• January 9, 2015 / 11:37 am

It's an oldie but a goodie, Jeanne – thank you sweetie! x

4. January 7, 2015 / 7:57 pm

I love the way you`ve created the layers yet kept the integrity of the gogeous maxi skirt. Your whole outfit is awesome.

• January 11, 2015 / 11:32 pm

Aww Fiona thank you – and I have to agree I do still think the skirt is gorgeous too :))

5. January 7, 2015 / 11:03 pm

Lovee your skirt Catherine, the colour is so striking and gorgeous. Nothing wrong with having an obsession with a tartan scarves, I can imagine they are quite addictive, a bit like navy knits are to me 🙂

Take care,

• January 11, 2015 / 11:33 pm

Ahhh yes I've noticed you and your navy knits, Daniella…!!! That's okay, we'll go to the group support session together :)))

Seriously – thank you hun, you're a love xx

6. January 7, 2015 / 11:56 pm

I have a very similar skirt that I typically only wear in warmer seasons. I love this look and will need to give this a try.

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

• January 11, 2015 / 11:34 pm

Well I'd been thinking it was a spring/summer only as well, Alice, but I was too sad to put it away into storage over the winter. So a biker jacket and boots it was!! Glad you liked it, thank you my lovely x

7. January 8, 2015 / 3:17 am

What an amazing outfit! I love all the color! This year I want to look as nice as I can on a daily basis, Try to do better at styling my frizzy hair, and figure out how to dress well postpartum after I have my baby in April. Maternity fashion can get hard too. Still working on that!

• January 11, 2015 / 11:36 pm

Wow that's a lot to work towards, Hannah – well done you for thinking post-baby as well!! I'm sure if you're this focused now you'll do great :))

Thank you my lovely, good luck with the baby xx

• January 11, 2015 / 11:36 pm

You and e both, hun!! Hence my tartan scarf 'problem'…!!!! Thank you xx

8. January 8, 2015 / 6:13 pm

I love the yellow maxi skirt on you, but I'm afraid to wear it myself ! Ι, more than once , hesitated to buy one. This year I tend to go minimal, though not absolutely black and white: a touch of colour is always refreshing and needed.
    Have a nice New Year!

• January 11, 2015 / 11:38 pm

Thank you Βασιλική – it is a very bold skirt, but I am drawn to bright things…!! Hope your 2015 is going well for you x

9. January 8, 2015 / 8:41 pm

Love this! I just bought a silk maxi in a gorgeous bright orange, but I have no idea what to wear with it – taking a page from your book here.

• January 11, 2015 / 11:40 pm

Wow that sounds gorgeous, Jenny! If you wanted to see the other way I wore this skirt or how I wore my (non-pleated) orange maxi, go to the Outfits page (see tab under my header). You can scroll through all my outfits there… the yellow and orange will stand out so you'll pick them out quite easily. Thank you sweetie xx

• January 11, 2015 / 11:42 pm

Aww thanks so much, Daphne – and I'm sure you've seen I've been over now and commented… it's so flattering that you've done a NDaL-inspired outfit again! You're a little star!!

• January 11, 2015 / 11:44 pm

Are any of us not weird, JJ – taking endless photos of ourselves and publishing them on the internet…?!!! I like the effect of the wind in my hair when you capture it right, but I tell you I get soooooo cross when we're taking pictures – I'm constantly trying to get my hair out of my face. Aaaaaargh!! C xx

10. January 9, 2015 / 6:19 pm

Nice outfit with that black and white striped top peeping from under your jacket. With hair like yours it doesn't really matter if it gets blown apart (I think). I immediately have flat hair that look greasy and little of it. Oh well, better than being bold.
    The scarfs are really nice too.
    My New Year's resolution is: wear more skirts and dresses. Which is quite a challenge for me as I don't know how to style them.

• January 11, 2015 / 11:45 pm

Ohh thank you Greetje, you're too kind…! Can't wait to see you getting your legs out more! ;))

11. January 9, 2015 / 11:30 pm

Ok third time lucky for trying to write a post…
    Love the outfit and the wind makes beautiful images.
    Definitely overhaul year this year…..I have a list! Growing the hair out (unless I chop it Audrey Tautou pixie short) and moving away from the very unnatural blonde that I ticked off my bucket list last year. I want luscious locks this year.
    Furniture, fashion, figure – all getting a revamp. Might need to work out whether to create a separate blog for all these changes or integrate it into my business one.

How about you Catherine?

Have a fab weekend!

Belle X

• January 11, 2015 / 11:52 pm

Wow that's loads, Belle – I admire your conviction!! I already did the "get great hair" thing a few years ago when I decided to go red and grow it long… it's my signature now so it'll be staying a while:)

I don't make resolutions as such, but I like the feeling a new year brings so that I think "this is the year I'll be…" This year I need to get my Youtubing arse in gear – I've bought a new camera that's got HD video capability so I'm on my way there.

I want to make a maaaaaaaajor change in my personal (i.e. non-blogging) life that's been a long time coming, but don't want to jinx it by mentioning it before I've done anything about it. Let's just say I'm excited :))

• January 11, 2015 / 11:52 pm

You're most welcome, Leanne – thank you for inviting me! So glad you liked the outfit xx

12. January 12, 2015 / 2:01 pm

All the three colors…just great to wear…maxi in yellow covered with a black jacket…nothing else left to amazing work out with combining all these…its just an fabulous outfit.

• January 12, 2015 / 7:13 pm

Awww bless you Rabecca – that's such a lovely comment!! #daymade 🙂

13. January 15, 2015 / 10:56 pm

I love your tartan scarf. When a trend is so practical, I view it less and less as a trend and more as people being cute and practical. The yellow is definitely a bold pop. I've been missing the color in my winter wardrobe as well.

• January 17, 2015 / 11:48 am

That's very true, Meghan… good job really as I wore it in another outfit post a couple of days ago!! x

14. January 20, 2015 / 6:21 am

The wind certainly makes taking outfit photos challenging, dearest Catherine; but the results can be amazing!! I mean, look at all that pretty movement in your yellow pleated maxi-skirt…and your gorgeous curls!! P.S. Please don't be embarrassed by your current fixation with plaid scarves; I'm sure I'm not the only one of your readers who loves SEEING them on repeat as much as you love WEARING them!! XOXO

• January 23, 2015 / 11:03 am

Aww bless you, Monika – so good to know that you still accept me despite my 'problem'…!!!!!!

Hehe thank you so much my lovely – the wind is soooo frustrating at the time but it's worth it afterwards when you see the photos. Almost ;))