Orange Polka Dots, Faux Fur & Window Pane Checks

2013-12-09 Not Dressed As Lamb 001
I’m loving all the window-pane checks in the shops right now, so I was extra excited to get my thrifted green check number out of storage for this season (I’ve had it a couple of years now I think). With lots of other comfy, warm items – my burgundy cardigan, some khaki skinnies and my faux fur wedge boots – that’s a winter Sunday’s outfit all done and dusted right there for me.

A great style tip I read somewhere (most probably Pinterest): Make any large rectangular or square scarf into a snood/infinity scarf by simply knotting two opposite corners together, then wrapping it round your neck. It’s so simple and effective I don’t know why I’ve never thought of it myself before!

Have you read any great style tips lately? I’d love to know what they are – do share, my Little Lammies!

2013-12-09 Not Dressed As Lamb 002
2013-12-09 Not Dressed As Lamb 005
2013-12-09 Not Dressed As Lamb 003
2013-12-09 Not Dressed As Lamb 004

Twitter 64x64 B&WFacebook 64x64 B&WBloglovin 64x64 B&WInstagram 64x64 B&WGoogle Plus 64x64 B&W
Scarf: Thrifted, Cardigan: Asos, Sweater: Thrifted, Jeans: Asos, Belt: Steve Madden at Tk Maxx, Boots: Dune, Bag: Asos, Earrings: Unknown

Linking up to: Visible MondayMonday BloomMonday Mingle, Funday MondayTrend Spin Link-UpWardrobe WednesdaysStyle SessionsWhat I Wore WednesdayAll Things Thursday, Fashion InformantThree-Fer Thursday, Passion for Fashion FridayFriday’s Fab Favourites

1. December 9, 2013 / 5:36 pm

Absolutely love that scarf! xox

2. December 9, 2013 / 6:29 pm

Another amazing outfit love everything about it!

3. December 9, 2013 / 9:12 pm

I love your bright and unexpected color combos. Simply stunning lady.

Also, I love British terms – things like 'snood'. It just makes me smile. 🙂

• December 10, 2013 / 9:04 pm

I think I can throw US terms right back atcha, Ashlea… fanny pack, anyone?!!! hehe 😉

Thanks hun x

4. December 9, 2013 / 10:27 pm

Great minds really do think alike! Love the windowpanes juxtaposed with the pattern on the scarf. And the red card….lovely!

• December 10, 2013 / 9:05 pm

Yay we're window pane twinsies, Kristin!! Thank you xoxo

5. December 9, 2013 / 10:48 pm

Those faux-fur wedge booties…yum!! This look has a lot going on with the mix of colours and patterns and textures, but just all goes together sooo well!! A very cheerful and casual weekend look for sure, Catherine!! 🙂

6. December 9, 2013 / 11:08 pm

Love the mix of colours in this outfit – they work together so well. The checked jersey and scarf look so good

7. December 10, 2013 / 10:55 am

Me encanta todo el conjunto, tiene unos precisos colores otoñales y las botas se ven cómodas y calientes. Te he conocido por nuestra amiga en común Sacramento y es un placer quedarme como seguidora. Bss.

• December 10, 2013 / 9:08 pm

Gracias Carmen – es un placer conocerte también! Yo no hablo español, pero Google es muy inteligente en estos días …! Catherine x

8. December 10, 2013 / 3:08 pm

Found your blog while searching for bloggers over 40. So happy to have found a 40+ blogger whose style I can appreciate. Love your outfits!
    wwww.myrosecoloredshades.com

9. December 11, 2013 / 4:46 am

I absolutely love all the patterns and gorgeous colours in this outfit, Catherine!
    And if I ever dye my hair red, you are officially my inspiration 🙂
    -Carley
    xx

10. December 15, 2013 / 8:49 pm

Looking so good. Never in a million years would I have come up with this combination. And it is good.
    Do I have a great styling tip? Hahaha… I pin everything together, especially scarfs to my bra. Keeps it the way I want it. (Beware… silk doesn't like to be pinned.)
    Greetje

11. December 16, 2013 / 11:11 pm

Best print mix EVER! Took me a minute to figure out why I love it so much … the circles were just meant for those window-pane squares! Clever girl … and cozy in her boots as well!

12. December 17, 2013 / 10:33 am

I absolutely love this outfit! It's just perfect!!!!