Cable Knit Cardigan Layered Over A Patterned Dress

Long cable knit cardigan layered over patterned dress
My new thing this year, now that I think about it, seems to be shorter skirts and dresses often layered over jeans or paired with knitwear – and I’ve gone and done it again. This super-soft, shawl collar cardigan from Damart works beautifully with my woolly pink and grey printed dress. Damart is an online retailer specialising in thermal clothing and underwear – so they’re the experts in warm clothing – but they also sell a great range of womenswear. You can check out the fabulous Damart Autumn/Winter 2013 LookBook here (so many great pieces)…!

I must say I’m enjoying all the layering that’s required in our mini freeze we’ve currently got going on in the UK right now. I haven’t shown you the furry parka that tends to be put on top of everything at the moment, however – we seem to be in the grips of winter already and it’s not even December…!

Are you enjoying layering – and what’s your fave pairing at the moment? (Anyone else loving the short dresses/knitwear like me?)

Long cable knit cardigan layered over patterned dress
Red hair, grey cable knit

Twitter 64x64 B&WFacebook 64x64 B&WBloglovin 64x64 B&WInstagram 64x64 B&WGoogle Plus 64x64 B&W
Shop my look! The dress is old but I’ve found a selection of pretty patterned mini dresses great for layering…

Cardigan: c/o Damart, Dress: Very (old, belt included), Boots: Unknown (almost identical pair here), Feather headband: Accessorize, Ring: Asos

Linking up to: Visible MondayMonday BloomMonday MingleFunday MondayTrend Spin Link-UpWardrobe WednesdaysStyle SessionsWhat I Wore WednesdayAll Things ThursdayFashion InformantThree-Fer ThursdayPassion for Fashion FridayFriday’s Fab Favourites

1. November 26, 2013 / 3:16 pm

You knew I would go weak in the knees when I saw your dress, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Love, love, love.
    Aren´t you going to link up this Friday 29th Share-in-Style: MOVIES???

• November 27, 2013 / 12:42 am

Thank you Sacramento – and ooooh I love the sound of a movies theme!! I'll be there… x

2. November 26, 2013 / 3:19 pm

I have an ever-growing collection of shorter dresses that I have finally accepted cannot be worn without layers underneath. I actually learnt from you and now wear them with jeans and leggins. It's not cold enough in Kenya for knitwear but light cottons take the place of knitted clothes.

3. November 26, 2013 / 3:54 pm

I bought a grey lightweight woollen jumper last year that on me is more like a mini dress (I'm only 5'1" on a good day!), which I wear over leggings or with thick tights and boots. I love it – and I love your outfit too!

• November 27, 2013 / 12:43 am

Thank you Sue – mini dresses would be perfect on your petite frame I'm sure!

4. November 26, 2013 / 6:45 pm

I do love layering (not today, we're at 80 degrees!) and I love this look. What a very pretty dress. xox

• November 27, 2013 / 12:44 am

Yes I know what you mean about their image Helen – but did you check out the lookbook – the styling is gorgeous!! Thanks hun x

5. November 26, 2013 / 10:32 pm

This look is so cute, and warm (you mentioned!) and probably pretty darn comfortable, right?! I'll never understand why some people insist on schlumping around in sweatpants, when something like this is just infinitely more flattering!! And never underestimate the power of a hair accessory to REALLY up the ante!! You look pretty and very happy!!

• November 27, 2013 / 12:44 am

Aww thanks Monika (though I still love my sweatpants, haha) x

6. November 27, 2013 / 12:11 am

You look so cute in that sweater dress! I have to admit…I can't stand wearing them with tights. Everything gets so staticy and slips drive me crazy! You look great though…and I love that oversized cardrgan!

• November 27, 2013 / 12:46 am

I know what you mean about tights, April – this one is quite woolly so is okay with tights, as long as they're smooth ones (not thick and woolly as well). Thank you my lovely!

7. November 27, 2013 / 7:57 am

Pretty awesome little dress, and stunning ensemble. I adore the spot of colour!

8. November 27, 2013 / 10:45 am

I am so much loving this outfit! not only that dress has the cutest print as you look so cozy and warm! 🙂

Ester @ Drawing Dreaming

9. November 27, 2013 / 1:14 pm

Love your look, however, unfortunately it is far too hot here to wear warm layers. xx

10. November 28, 2013 / 12:34 am

I love the heart pattern on that dress.

• December 1, 2013 / 1:43 pm

I do too, Leelee… but have you noticed they're upside down? So I also say it's a heart print but I've not been sure since the day I noticed! xx

11. November 28, 2013 / 4:47 am

I so love this look and need a pair of riding boots like these!

12. November 28, 2013 / 1:56 pm

I adore this look, comfortable yet not to casual, I like the brown boot with it, I may have instinctively gone for black but the Brown really works

• December 1, 2013 / 1:44 pm

The good thing about have "tan" coloured hair is that tan boots or a bag will always work, hehe! Thanks Linda x

13. November 28, 2013 / 7:03 pm

I am not very much into cardigans because they look aweful on me. So I have to set that look aside before I can see it looks very good on you. Love the headband.

14. December 4, 2013 / 2:45 pm

Cozy and colorful, can't ask for more than that!

15. December 6, 2013 / 11:59 am

THAT DRESS!!! so stinking cute! and the big lovely cardif over it is perfect winter wear to me. I havent heard of damart but looking at that great cardi makes me think i should totally check them out! xx

• December 6, 2013 / 11:59 am

lovely cardif? wth? lol CARDI** serves me right for speed typing and not paying attention lol xx