For Remembrance Day: Apple, Peach & A Bling Poppy

Apple Green With Peach & A Poppy

I’m so pleased it’s the weekend…!

Tomorrow is Remembrance Sunday in Blighty (and quite a few other countries too), so of course I had to wear my DIY bling poppy I made (click here to read the post from last year explaining how I made it)… I’ve been wearing it every day this week in fact. And by making one, all the money I donate goes to the Royal British Legion if I wear it every year which I’m happy about 🙂

I think it’s the perfect accessory for the green sweater I thrifted a few weeks ago; I’m rather into buying sweaters and tops a size too big at the moment, and as this was a man’s size small it was just right – and I LOVE the colour! With the polka dot shirt it makes me think of apples and peaches, and I always like me a great food reference for my post titles. This is actually a pretty perfect outfit for work: smart enough to make me feel like I’m doing the “office chic” thing, but colourful enough to make me feel like me.

Enjoy your weekend everyone, stay safe 🙂

Apple Green With Peach & A Poppy

Apple Green With Peach & A Poppy

Apple Green With Peach & A Poppy

Apple Green With Peach & A Poppy

Apple Green With Peach & A Poppy

Sweater: Thrifted, Shirt: ASOS, Trousers: Next, Poppy: DIYed (you can buy a bling poppy from the poppy shop which donates money to the Royal British Legion), Brogues: Office, Bag: L Credi at TkMaxx, Sunglasses: Badgley Mischka, Rings: ASOS

RELATED  A Classic Yellow Summer Dress Styled With Red and Pink #iwillwearwhatilike

1. 15 November 2012 / 7:29 pm

Love the milk maid braids, your outfit is so chic and casual.

2. Carly
    15 November 2012 / 1:32 pm

LOVE those pants, the lose slouchy fit is amazing:)
    You always have your hair done the most uniquely beautiful ways…i am either hair back in bun, or long and straight..BORING-teach me how to braid, pretty please?

C

• 17 November 2012 / 1:21 pm

Aww thank you Carly – though my hairstyles are quite few and far between! This is my go-to for when I'm having a bad hair day! I'll find a tutorial on You Tube for you x

3. 15 November 2012 / 3:06 am

Great outfit! Looks like something out of J.Crew, except with a more personal touch. Love your photography as well!

Kaeli
    The Broadcloth

4. 14 November 2012 / 5:00 pm

That poppy is fantastic! I rarely see them anymore and it I wish more people wore them today. Found you via The Pleated Poppy.

5. 14 November 2012 / 12:23 pm

Hi! Lovely to meet you and to find a style blog, that like mine, is not by a 19 year old. I'm a new follower and I'm looking forward to more outfits. I'd love it if you checked me out and a follow back would be really appreciated! Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
    Joanna

6. 11 November 2012 / 11:40 pm

So, so cute, Catherine. Love those shoes, and you highlight them with the cropped pants. Thanks for sharing the wonderful looks with Visible Monday. xoxox

7. 11 November 2012 / 11:38 pm

Thank you to everyone for such lovely comments… I'm always so humbled that you all leave such thoughtful words – thank you thank you!! You all make my day (and weekend) so much better!!!

Catherine xo

8. 11 November 2012 / 11:34 pm

I can't think of anyone who does colors and patterns better than you. Another great outfit!

9. 11 November 2012 / 5:03 pm

Love your style and love your blog!
    I'm your new follower!

10. 11 November 2012 / 4:51 pm

It's great to know that you are doing a good deed which is able to relate to fashion too. I actually think you look adorable in this outfit and with this hairdo as well =D

11. 11 November 2012 / 3:47 pm

Fabulous trousers! I love the wide cuffs.

12. 11 November 2012 / 2:09 pm

Love this look! I have a cardigan almost the same shade of green, so I have ordered my poppy for next year (thanks for giving the link) as I'm not as creative as you are. Now all I have to do is look for a polka dot top!

13. 11 November 2012 / 6:53 am

Love the polka dots against the green and against your hair. You always look so fanstastic xx

14. 11 November 2012 / 4:55 am

The little poppy is so cute! I absolutely love the peach polka dot top with the green sweater. It's such a great contrast of color. And your hair looks so cute like that! I love the milkmaid braids. 🙂 <3

toni

15. 11 November 2012 / 3:46 am

You look beautiful, Catherine! I've been into checking the men's section for their sweaters, too…and the small button-down shirts as well! Such a cute little poppy you've made ; )

April
    Knocked_Up_Fabulous

16. 10 November 2012 / 10:29 pm

Those shoes are lovely. I've after a coloured pair for a while now but never found any i really like but those are perfect. And they go so well with that jumper.

Sarah xo

moyespace.blogspot.co.uk

• 11 November 2012 / 5:39 pm

They're my favourite brogues, Sarah – I bought them on impulse and have worn them loads and loads! Thanks sweetie x

17. Anonymous
    10 November 2012 / 8:07 pm

What a great idea. Love this! Marie S

18. 10 November 2012 / 7:01 pm

Catherine – How is it that you look adorable in everything?! But seriously! 🙂 Great fun colors with the polka-dots and poppy brooch. Have a great weekend!

xoxo, Blair

19. 10 November 2012 / 5:06 pm

Love those pants. Also the red shoes with the red apple- so nice!

20. 10 November 2012 / 3:30 pm

A lovely look, Catherine, and yes, very "you"! Love the turned-up cuffs with brogues, and how their colour references that great polka-dot blouse.

21. 10 November 2012 / 3:03 pm

I really like your hair braided. I agree that your outfit is office 'chic' but very practical at the same time. Great thrift find.