Black, Brown, Bowie and Braids

I love rock t-shirts, and it’s just about the only item of clothing I would always insist on having in black. I’d really love to get more, but I’m fussy about the shape, so for now it’s David Bowie (as Aladdin Sane) himself – I bought this one from ASOS several years ago and I still love it. Eventually I will add more to my collection (which isn’t actually a collection if I only have one).

And I warned you all that I’d be sporting the plaited hairdo a lot more while the weather was hot; I found a new way to wear a cute hairband (it’s made so the scarfy bits hang down by your neck, I tied them on top of my head instead) – reminds me of WWII land girls which is a vintage look I love 😉

Happy Jubilee weekend btw – I hope all my UK readers have a FABULOUS four days off… thanks Liz for sitting on the throne for 60 years! Bet her bum’s sore.

And of course happy weekend to everyone everywhere as well :)))

Bowie t-shirt: ASOS (old) | Skirt: River Island | Heels: ASOS | Bag: Karen Millen | Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters | “C” necklace: Initial and chain bought at different times locally | Bracelets L-R: Debenhams / ASOS / H&M | Watch: Gift (ASOS) | Lightning ring: ASOS | Nails: Barry M Bright Purple / Nails Inc Black Taxi | Toenails: Barry M Cyan Blue

1. June 2, 2012 / 2:07 am

Oh, this is a smashing look! Did you notice that the pattern of your skirt is very similar to the pattern of the top (or is a dress?) that you are sporting in the photo of yourself as a young girl (in your banner)? So fun! I found you thru Sally's blog, Already Pretty – at least that's how I think I did. I love your style, Catherine!

• June 2, 2012 / 12:27 pm

Do you know I've never noticed before that I'm wearing a zigzag dress in the picture of me in my banner… How fashion forward was I???!!!! Thanks for your lovely comment, sweetie! xo

• June 2, 2012 / 12:29 pm

Oh my goodness Olivia WHAT an amazing compliment… Flo W is one of my style icons so I am super flattered – thank you soooo much!! xoxo

2. June 2, 2012 / 6:24 am

Oh, how I love a fierce band/artist tee w/ a lovely skirt. LOVE this ensemble. And such awesome accessories. You look beautiful!

3. June 2, 2012 / 7:50 am

I love to see you back on skirt, my dear Catherine.
    Always gorgeous and inspiring.
    have a lovely weekend

4. June 2, 2012 / 8:28 am

Your hair looks gorgeous, so beautiful! Of course a Bowie tee is always a winner too! 🙂 xx

5. June 2, 2012 / 9:07 am

Catherine your hair looks stunning up like that, mind you it looks gorgeous out too!
    Loving the band tee too xo

6. June 2, 2012 / 9:59 am

Oohh… yet another hit. You have such amazing instinct when to comes to styling outfits. I am crazy about braids right now. My hair is quite a bit shorter than yours but I have discovered some work-arounds.

7. June 2, 2012 / 10:43 am

Tribute to David Bowie, very well. Beautiful and psychedelic skirt. The detail in the hair is very nice.

8. June 2, 2012 / 1:32 pm

I love the mix of braids and a scarf. Inspired!

9. June 2, 2012 / 6:43 pm

You look incredible sweetie!!! I am in love with your printed skirt,the colours are stunning. Also loving how you teamed it with the rock tee,makes for such an edgy,cool and unexpected combination that i loveeee!!! Your shoes and accessories compliment perfectly and i am loving your hair styled like that i did mine the same the other day minus the scarf,which by the way i think is such a great touch to the look 🙂

Take care and have a wonderful Jubilee weekend,Daniella xox

• June 2, 2012 / 11:07 pm

You too have a lovely weekend, Daniella… and thank you for the lovely compliments, you are too kind as always, C xoxo

10. June 4, 2012 / 8:33 pm

I love that you created an outfit around a t-shirt! I have so many band t-shirts that I never really know how to style – I always just throw them on with jeans, but I should try wearing one with a skirt and heels. It looks great on you. Plus, you can't go wrong with David Bowie 🙂

11. September 21, 2012 / 7:11 pm

Wow! I am so impressed. Someone with style that is really truly their own. Yet, you still look polished and feminine. Love your style! It makes me laugh in an excited way that is inspiring to what I'll pick out tomorrow!

12. September 21, 2012 / 7:12 pm

Oh…I found your link through some fashion blog in the cosmosphere…;)