Adventures in a VW bus part 2: Red jeans and Arthurian legend

Hi everyone! Here’s the second lot of photos from our holiday driving our vintage VW camper van round Cornwall, hope you like them 🙂 These were taken at Tintagel Castle which is where (legend says) King Arthur was conceived – the castle is all ruins now, but the landscape in which they’re set is just breathtaking.

As mentioned in the previous holiday post, the weather in the first couple of days was sunny but cold and windy – my hair got blown about so much on the first day the cap had to go on for the second day at Tintagel, and my capsule wardrobe was a rotation of layers, layers and more layers. In fact it was quite liberating having a very limited number of clothes to choose from. You’ve heard of the 30 for 30 challenge – this was more like 5 for 5 😉

And here he is again – the real star of these posts: Barbarossa! (Click to see the image larger)

There’ll be a couple more posts from the holiday, with my everyday outfits in between (i.e. what I wore to work). Have a wonderful weekend everyone – more in a day or two!

Parka: La Redoute similar, Jeans: La Redoute, Scarf (reversible!): F+F at Tesco, Cap: Unknown, Boots: Debenhams similar save similar splurge, Sunglasses: New Look similar, Bag: Betty Jackson at Debenhams similar

1. May 25, 2012 / 12:15 pm

The landscape is indeed breathtaking! You make me want to fly there immediately to explore. Oh, and you boots are pretty spectacular too : >

2. May 25, 2012 / 1:03 pm

How fun to be able to rent a VW bus! You look great, even with the cap and windblown hair. I've always wanted to visit that area, and it looks so dramatically lovely.

3. May 25, 2012 / 2:06 pm

Love the outfit and that VW BUS!!! Wow, brings back memories!!!

4. May 26, 2012 / 12:26 am

5 for 5! You make me laugh. You rock everything you wear with such a confidence to you. The combination of the great (and cozy) outfit, the VW bus, and the scenery just makes for awesome pictures!

A Southern Drawl

5. May 26, 2012 / 8:52 am

What gorgeous shots!
    I love stories like that, NZ is such a new country that we don't have any history that goes back that far so it adds to the appeal

• May 26, 2012 / 10:56 am

It was as eery as it was beautiful, Julia… to think that people were living there a thousand years ago is mind blowing! Thanks hun xoxo