Slightly beatnik, quite androgynous

Sweater: F+F similar, Shirt: New Look, Trousers: Topshop similar, Bowler hat: ASOS similar, Scarf: F+F, Glasses: eBay

Top finger rings: ASOS, Other rings: ASOS / Boots / Next, Bracelets: My christening bracelet / ASOS, Watch: gift, Nails: Barry M Matt White (base coat) / OPI Isn’t That Precious? (two top coats)

Brogues: Office similar, Socks: Accessorize similar

I’ve realised I pretty much have two kind of looks: either quite girly in skirts and heels (see here and here), or the other extreme: boyish in mens hats and flat shoes (see here and here).

The only thing I prefer on myself when wearing these sorts of androgynous looks – which, by the way, I love – is still having girly hair. If I had short hair (or styled my hair more severely) I’d personally feel too masculine. Though I’m always envious of the type of face that suits those pixie crops (think Michelle Williams or Halle Berry): I would so have a crop like that if it suited me, and still go all out with the androgynous look.

This is one of my favourite casual outfits that I’ve worn recently; comfortable and warm – not forgetting a bit of colour and a dash of quirk 😉

And don’t forget: March is a week today – in theory that means Springtime!
=oh the relief=

Linking up to:

Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style

BonBon Rose Girls

five days five ways  feature friday free for all

1. February 23, 2012 / 4:04 pm

I think you're right about the hair thing when sporting an androgynous look. I am very tall and have to amp up the femininity when wearing a men's look. Otherwise, I fear I will end up looking too much like a guy.

Love the new red glasses – they are new, right?

xo, A

• February 23, 2012 / 5:26 pm

I don't think there's the remotest chance of you looking like a guy no matter what you wore, Adrienne…!!! But we're on the same wavelength about the hair thing :)) Yes the glasses are newish – worn only once before on the blog (26 Jan). Thanks my lovely! C xoxo

2. February 23, 2012 / 5:41 pm

Love this whole look, but the glasses especially!

3. February 23, 2012 / 6:39 pm

Its a little of both yes, but a heap of epic

4. February 23, 2012 / 9:22 pm

I LOVE your blog…Great photos!Really enjoying your blog and am your newest follower. Please check mines out and follow me if you’d like =)

5. February 23, 2012 / 11:23 pm

I really love this outfit! those glasses add the perfect touch!

6. February 23, 2012 / 11:37 pm

this is a great look on you!! you pull of the adrogynous look well, while still looking feminine!

7. February 24, 2012 / 6:43 am

Layers are lovely here, but it's the accessories that really make your outfit special. Adore those shoes!!

Van @ The Clothes We Wear

8. February 24, 2012 / 11:58 am

I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I am really delighted with yours. It's beautiful, well structured, interesting, sweet amazing [probably your own qualities right?] and it has completely got me hooked. I think we're going to get along just fine! 😉
    I'd like to invite you to follow each other. I’d be very pleased.
    I wish you lots of success and will surely come back often
    Miriam Stella

9. February 24, 2012 / 5:05 pm

Catherine, this is my favourite yet! LOVE the coral colour…and the details just make it so wonderful…those lacey socks, the fringe on teh scarf, your fun hat and funky silver jewelry. It's just the best combination and you look darling.

<3 cambria

10. February 24, 2012 / 7:47 pm

Absolutely love the sweater 🙂

11. February 25, 2012 / 6:56 am

• February 25, 2012 / 2:09 pm

Thanks sweetie – funny how there are certain small details of an outfit are especially liked by people, I like that! C xoxo

12. February 25, 2012 / 8:45 pm

Great outfit!

13. February 26, 2012 / 11:02 pm

Catherine, you look so awesome! It's kind of an eclectic artist look 🙂 Love the pops of pink with the scarf and shoes, and as always I love that bowler hat. You've convinced me that I need to get one for myself.

• February 28, 2012 / 9:12 pm

Thank you so much Stacey – and yes as the Queen of Hats you SO should get a bowler (one in a colour other than black perhaps…?) kisses, C x

14. February 28, 2012 / 12:07 am

it is one of my favorite outfits that you have worn as well!! SOOO Cute. I love the shoes and would love to find a pair and the scarf and hat are a great touch. You are so creative and talented with stying!!

15. February 29, 2012 / 7:48 pm

Your finger candy is SO gorgeous!

16. March 1, 2012 / 11:50 pm

Wow, I'm loving your style.