In my pursuit of assessing my blog and finding out what can be done to improve it, I've recently been pondering the "jump break" tool used on a lot of blogs - that is, where you see the beginning part of the post only on the home page with a link that you have to click to Read more, View more, Click through for the full post, etc.
I basically want to know: Do you prefer these types of posts with a jump break? I'll be honest and admit that I personally haven't ever liked them as much, which is why I've never done my posts that way. However, there are so many positives to using jump breaks that I've wondered whether I'm missing an opportunity. The positives are (and they all make perfect sense):
- Displaying summary posts only on your home page speed up it's load time
- Visitors landing on your home page see a selection of your posts without having to scroll down forever
- As a result you can add more posts for visitors to choose to click on
- It's cleaner and more professional looking
- Visitors have to click through to the full post which increases page views
So would you do me a favour please and answer me this one simple question in the poll below? I would really appreciate your help...!
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this for me. Do leave a comment if you have something to add, won't you :)
Watch this space (it may become the bit that says "Click to see more")!