It’s back. The phenomenon* that is the #iwillwearwhatilike link up has returned (*maybe that’s a slight exaggeration…)
[Reading time: 2 mins]
It’s a new month, it’s a new season, it’s the new start that I promised last week. It’s been away for nearly five months, but September felt like the right time to restart the weekly link up. You know, schools going back, end of the summer (which, to be fair, just reminds me of lockdown seeing as the good weather literally started the day that Boris told us all to stay home), time I got my arse in gear… you get my drift.
So let’s just get down to business and talk outfits!
Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links (at no cost to you) and any items listed as* were PR samples sent under no obligation within the last 12 months. Full disclosure
Shop the look:
I’ve actually purchased a few new bits over the summer. No summer dresses strangely – I had plenty of those – but lots of basics in neutral colours. Things that’ll take me through to autumn. In fact, looking at the pieces I’ve bought, we’re talking all shades of olive, khaki and brown with white and ecru thrown in.
Is this a new me? Probably not… more just a want to get the basics right, then build with colour on top.
Of course a lot of this is due to finally getting back to fitness as explained in my “new start” post last week. Although I can fit into 80% of my wardrobe (I’m working on the remaining 20%…), the excitement of being trimmer still made want to get a few new bits to celebrate and enjoy the process of fitting into my regular size more easily.
Apart from the cream knitted top which was a recent sale buy, I got the check trousers and the oversized stripe sweater (actually from the menswear section) many months ago and have worn them quite a lot.
The sweater arms are far too long, but when you love stripes in pink and green THIS much you just gotta put up with warm hands and wrists, haven’t you?!
What are YOU excited about for the new season? And what are you currently wearing these days – has lockdown changed your everyday style? Comment below…!
Stay safe, XOXO
Stripe sweater: Asos
Cream top: Mango
Trousers: Asos (if they’re out of stock I love these)
Trainers: Marks & Spencer (love these Adidas)
Bag: Years old (I like this bag)
Sunglasses: & Other Stories (similar)
Necklace: & Other Stories
Earrings: Orelia / Orelia
Ear cuffs: Asos & Asos
Ring: My grandmother’s
✷ ✷ ✷ ✷ ✷
To receive an email reminder for the next #iwillwearwhatilike link up as soon as it’s live click here!
Linking up to… Monday: Inspire Me Monday, Ageless Style Linkup (first Monday of the month), My Glittery Heart, On Mondays We Link Up || Tuesday: Style With a Smile, Trend Spin/Walking in Memphis in High Heels, Turning Heads Tuesday, Spread the Kindness, Confident Twosday, Happy Now Blog Link Up || Wednesday: Style Me Wednesday, WowOnWednesday || Thursday: Chic & Stylish || Friday: Fancy Friday, On the Edge, Fabulous Friday, Fabulous Friday’s Link Up