Summer Style | Multi-Coloured Patterned Top, Distressed Denim, Panama Hat

Summer style | Multi-coloured patterned top, distressed boyfriend jeans, Panama hat
Last week I went to the Eden Project in Cornwall (home of the artificial Mediterranean and tropical biodomes and all-round fabulous place to visit) to see Paloma Faith play live at the Eden Sessions courtesy of ASUS UK. I’ll be writing about that separately (oh wow was it good), but meantime this is what I wore for a day’s sightseeing: Walking, eating, photographing and general touristy stuff.

I thought a little bit of multicoloured florals would be apt, so I went with my Warehouse patterned top (a touch of the 80s, no?) and distressed jeans with comfy flats and a Panama. The tropical biodome always gets really hot once you go up high. We went a couple of years ago and I wore this outfit so I knew the jeans would be a little unwise, but at least they had some ventilation and were a loose fit. You do see people people in skinny jeans who start to look unbearably hot halfway up 🙁

Are you planning any tourist breaks close to home this summer – if so, where? I’d love to know what’s local to you…!

Summer style | Multi-coloured patterned top, Panama hat
Summer style | Multi-coloured patterned top, Panama hat
Top: Warehouse (I like this botanical print one) | Jeans: Asos | Shoes: Asos (similar) | Hat: Tumi at Amazon (this one’s almost identical) | Bag: Debenhams (similar) | Necklace: Asos | Bracelets: c/o Yosa / New Look | Mickey Mouse watch: Asos (silver version) | Sunglasses: c/o Lulus (similar)

The Eden Project - @notlamb Instagram

(Images above from my Instagram feed)

Shop the look:

Catherine
TwitterFacebookBloglovinInstagramGoogle PlusPinterestYouTube
P.S. If you haven’t yet do subscribe to my new YouTube channel – vlogs coming soon!

Photos: Silver Londoner | Linking up to: Visible MondayLet It ShineShare in StyleMonday MingleStyle Sessions, Turning Heads TuesdayTrend Spin Link-UpWhat I Wore WednesdayBrilliant Blog PostsThrowback ThursdayPassion for Fashion FridayFriday’s Fab Favourites

1. June 29, 2015 / 9:18 pm

Love this top, and esp worn with the fabulous hat. xox

• June 29, 2015 / 9:59 pm

Thank you Patti – I've had the top a good six months but up till recently it's been under sweaters…!!

• July 2, 2015 / 9:13 pm

Oh Jodie no – remember it's nothing to do with age! Your reasons for not wearing distressed denim (or anything, for that matter) should be that you just don't like it, or it doesn't suit you, or you're not comfortable in it… but not age!! But I'm sure you probably know that already being a regular reader of my blog :))

But thank you – so glad you liked the fedora and top! xx

2. June 29, 2015 / 10:58 pm

The print and the colours of the top are perfectly suited to the tropical biodome. You look like an exotic flower!

I bet Eden is looking wonderful at the moment. We went there about 6 years ago in Spring when all the tulips were out and oh my, what a wonderful sight it was to behold. I hope one day to go again. It's such an extraordinary place along with the Lost Gardens of Heligan.

• July 2, 2015 / 9:16 pm

Thank you Jacqueline!! I think we went once in the spring many years ago… it really was beautiful. June is pretty glorious, though :))

3. June 30, 2015 / 11:21 pm

Catherine I love this colorful and artsy top, the hat and cool shoes are perfect for sightseeing. I too am a fan of distressed ripped denim, heck I have ripped some even more! Sounds like a fun time. We are going to a cabin in the woods in Asheville a 1.5 hour drive to stay for a get away!

Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx

• July 2, 2015 / 9:36 pm

Oh my goodness Jess – a cabin in the woods sounds both romantic and scary (thanks to too many horror movies)!! Thank you sweetie xx

4. July 1, 2015 / 12:38 am

Just love this hat on you. I definitely need to get my act together and get one too! Lorraine x

• July 2, 2015 / 10:39 pm

Lorraine you should!! A Panama hat goes with just about everything in the summer :)) Thank you hun x

5. July 1, 2015 / 5:47 pm

The jeans have ventilation alright haha. Love the top too.
    Greetje

6. July 1, 2015 / 8:09 pm

Love this effortlessly chic look… looking perfectly 'thrown together' is a real skill. I love a distressed jean, so unexpected on the over 40's, and very cool. Bravo!

• July 18, 2015 / 1:45 pm

You're probably getting to know by now that the over 40/age appropriate thing doesn't make a blind jot of difference to my wardrobe, Samantha…!! Thank you my lovely x

7. July 2, 2015 / 11:17 am

Lovely top! Perfect for the occasion. I've never been to the Eden Project but I hope to one day as it looks amazing. With the school Summer holidays fast approaching I have a feeling I'll be visiting a few local attractions here in the North West soon. Anywhere outdoors is fine by me, just as long as a play barn isn't involved!

Emma xx

• July 18, 2015 / 1:52 pm

Well I'm in just the next county (Devon), Emma, so you'd think it was really close to me but it's not! It's still best part of two hours drive so I can only imagine how long it would take from anywhere north of Oxford…! But saying that don't let it put you off, it's such a unique place and breathtakingly beautiful.