How to Wear Contrasting Textures | Camouflage, Denim and Sheer Layers

Camouflage jacket, boyfriend jeans
My obsession with pointed flats continues: this time I’ve bought a white pair from Debenhams (super cheap in their sale, so comfy) and worn them with a weekend outfit of different textures. You couldn’t get more of a contrast than camouflage, denim and sheer layers – especially when there are roses involved. Strangely it reminds of a very old style book of my mum’s I read when when I was very young (early 80s), where they suggested mixing hard and soft textures: they paired a white lace skirt with a black leather jacket. I thought it was so avant-garde (I’m allowed to use that word when referring to the 80s) and somehow the image of that outfit has always stuck with me. I have to admit it – where this outfit is concerned it’s autumn style: 1, My hankering for the summer: 0. Oh well.

Are you into pairing contrasting textures, especially hard and soft extremes as I’ve done here? Do share in the comments, I’d love some new ideas for interesting combinations!

Camouflage jacket, boyfriend jeans
Camouflage jacket, boyfriend jeans
Boyfriend jeans, tan tote bag

TwitterFacebookBloglovinInstagramGoogle PlusPinterest
P.S. If you like this, you can catch up with all the cooler weather outfits I’ve pinned in my Style – Autumn Winter Pinterest board!

Jacket: c/o La Redoute, Layered top: c/o Front Row Shop, Jeans: Asos, Flats: Debenhams, Bag: c/o La Redoute, Sunglasses: House of Fraser, Watch: Debenhams, Bracelets: Unknown

Linking up to: Visible MondayLet It ShineShare in StyleMonday MingleStyle SessionsTrend Spin Link-UpWhat I Wore WednesdayPassion for Fashion FridayFriday’s Fab Favourites

1. September 2, 2014 / 9:25 pm

I've found that a camo jacket works with virtually any outfit. I love how you've styled yours here. X

• September 7, 2014 / 4:58 pm

Thanks hun – I have to admit I think the same! It seems to work thrown over anything…!

2. September 2, 2014 / 9:35 pm

Wonderful camo jacket and I like how you've mixed it with such a feminine top. xox

3. September 2, 2014 / 10:50 pm

I think I just saw you in that blouse on the video, (great job) I love the contrasts

4. September 4, 2014 / 10:18 pm

You look amazing!

5. September 8, 2014 / 12:18 am

I really like the camo with the rose! Fun casual style! I hope you will come by and enter to win the $1000 gift card I am giving away for Lafayette 148 New York…their autumn collection is so beautiful!

6. September 8, 2014 / 4:12 am

While my own white shoes are not quite flat, dearest Catherine – they have a two-inch block heel – I am continually amazed at how fab they look with so many different outfits!! I love the feminine touch that your pointed-toe cuties (along with this sheer, rose-print top) add to the cuffed jeans and camo jacket…contrast is always a good thing, in my opinion!! XOXO

7. September 16, 2014 / 7:37 pm

Love the soft, rose graphic t-shirt under the camo jacket. Great look.