A Semi Preppy Look With Breton Stripes, Red and Mint

Breton stripes, mint trousers, red accents
I’d have to say that a “semi” preppy look is very typical for me: whilst I like to think I’m all about clashing patterns and bright colours, I very often steer towards quite a classic look of Breton stripes and chinos. When your Breton stripe top (I’ve lost count how many different types I have now) has a splash of red in it, to me that’s the green light for adding red accessories. It’s a shame these Melissa wedges are no longer available – they’re very old but still as cute as a button…!

Like me do you do preppy style at all – either all the time or just every now and then? Do you think it will ever date? Let me know in the comments!

Breton stripes, mint trousers, red accents

Breton stripes, mint trousers, red accents
Breton stripes, mint trousers, red accents
Breton stripes

TwitterFacebookBloglovinInstagramGoogle PlusPinterest
P.S. If you like this, you may want to sign up to my fortnightly newsletter that I’ve just started – next one will be 16th September!

Top: c/o Damart, Trousers: c/o Marks & Spencer (these are almost identical), Shoes: Melissa at Asos (old but you may like these if you don’t mind flats!), Bag: c/o Brenda MacLeod, Watch: Fossil, Bracelets: Next

Linking up to: Visible MondayLet It ShineShare in StyleMonday MingleStyle SessionsTrend Spin Link-UpWhat I Wore WednesdayPassion for Fashion FridayFriday’s Fab Favourites

1. September 9, 2014 / 5:02 pm

Oh totally love the nautical feel of it Catherine. So refreshing and stylish. Just my kinda thing. xo Sabina @Oceanblue Style

• September 18, 2014 / 12:58 pm

Yep, there's something about the preppy/nautical look isn't there, Sabina? Thank you hun x

2. September 9, 2014 / 5:17 pm

Love the Breton top with the touch of red – do you think it will still be in Damart when I visit London in October? I've got a bag and/or shoes that would go beautifully with it! This is my kind of outfit, so I would like to think that it won't ever date!

• September 24, 2014 / 1:07 pm

Sue I'm so sorry this has taken me so unforgivably long… I left a comment at the weekend, it's disappeared!!! What I said was that even when the post was published I think the top had sold out, otherwise I would have left a direct link to it. I've checked a few times since then and they haven't had it on the website, it's disappeared altogether. I've tried to find a similar one elsewhere but can't seem to get one with the stripes the same. Maybe you'll have more luck in the high street when you go to London xx

3. September 9, 2014 / 7:44 pm

Preppy is timeless, I do not think it will ever go out of style. Loving the look you have given a slight edge to a preppy look that is so on trend.

4. September 9, 2014 / 8:10 pm

The shoes make the whole outfit pop. you look fantastic.
    Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• September 24, 2014 / 1:07 pm

I think these shoes would look fabulous on YOU, Sacramento!!

5. September 9, 2014 / 11:09 pm

Love the splash of red in your striped top – and how you've pulled it out with your fab accessories! xox

6. September 10, 2014 / 6:52 am

Ashamed to admit this, but I'm not even sure what preppy style is 😀 Turns out I have been wearing preppy from time to time, without knowing it. Good thing I googled it 😀
    Loving these pretty shoes of yours, and your hair is just magical! *_*

• September 24, 2014 / 1:10 pm

I guess I only found out what preppy was through blogs, Keit!! Thanks my lovely xx

7. September 10, 2014 / 9:42 am

Semi-preppy it is! The colour of the pants is so soothing and looks great against the deep reddish brown tones of the shoes and the bag!

• September 24, 2014 / 1:10 pm

I've decided mint and red together is a winner! Thanks sweetie x

8. September 10, 2014 / 9:59 am

I've been a fan of preppy looks for such a long time and think I always will be. I love this look Catherine, the splashes of red have a striking effect on the outfit 🙂

Take care,

9. September 10, 2014 / 10:47 am

Love that this top has a little flash of red, nothing wrong with a semi preppy look
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

• September 24, 2014 / 1:12 pm

The other way I describe my style is "preppy with a twist" – another way of saying semi preppy, I guess! Thank you JJ as always for your lovely comments x

10. September 15, 2014 / 6:10 am

Those red shoes really are the cutest, dearest Catherine…such a good fit with that gorgeous tote, too!! And I just added another striped piece – a blouse this time! – to my own wardrobe; I can't seem to get enough of this particular pattern either!! XOXO

• September 24, 2014 / 1:11 pm

Monika: Step AWAY from the stripes. You know what happens when you go near them…!!!!!!!!!!!!