How to Style Red Breton Stripes | With Black Skinny Jeans and a Denim Jacket

Red Breton stripes, black skinny jeans, cropped denim jacket
I’ve become totally convinced this summer that Breton stripes will never date.

At least I hope so, because I just can’t stop myself when it comes to all variations of this classic – I’ve been building up a collection to rival Brigitte Bardot’s this year! I finally got my hands on a red Breton stripe version (similar) – it’s the perfect crew neck t-shirt from Damart. It’s one of those effortless pieces that’s so much more than just a simple tee: add a pair of jeans and ballet flats and you look French Riviera polished.

But in this instance I blinged it up a little with the chunky silver necklace my mum and dad gave me for my birthday (mum’s got such great taste – and she’s 80!), and added black skinnies with last year’s cork-heel sandals and my cropped denim jacket to finish. To be honest I’ve worn this t-shirt several times already as it’s so easy to wear (I’ve been Pinning loads of ideas to my Spring/Summer Style Pinterest board!), but this was the first time I’d managed to get some outfit photos done whilst wearing it.

Are you a lover of Breton stripes like me? Do you go for the classic blue and white or do you try all the different variations (like I seem to be working my way through)…?!

Red Breton stripes and black skinny jeans
Red Breton stripes and black skinny jeans
Red Breton stripes and silver statement necklace
Red Breton stripes and black skinny jeans
Red Breton stripes and black skinny jeans

T-shirt: c/o Damart (similar)

Denim jacket: Asos

Jeans: c/o Wallis

Sandals: Debenhams

Bag: Debenhams

Necklace: Gift (Next)

Watch: Fossil

Bracelets: Next

Nails: Models Own Utopia

• August 4, 2014 / 10:54 pm

I hadn't worn them yet this year Kristin – I'd nearly forgotten about them!! Thanks hun x

1. August 4, 2014 / 7:39 pm

What a charming look, a la Francaise. Love that necklace, C. xox

2. August 5, 2014 / 6:42 am

Cool necklace, dearest Catherine…I have a very similar one!! 🙂 And yes, stripes are growing on me more and more; in fact, I maaay just have purchased a pair of striped jeans to add to my denim collection/addiction!! ;D

3. August 5, 2014 / 7:39 am

I'm with you, you can't beat Breton stripes. a true classic.

X x

4. August 5, 2014 / 10:54 pm

I have also been wanting to get my hands on a Breton stripe top in red for ages now. Yours is perfect Catherine, I love this look 🙂

Take care,

• August 12, 2014 / 7:47 am

Ooh I can imagine you in one, Daniella – I think it would look perfect on you :))

5. August 10, 2014 / 11:02 pm

Yep, I am a Breton-stripes fan too- you are right, they NEVER date! I have a few items though not the elusive red and white-must rectify… x
    P.S. I am visiting from Visible Monday

6. August 11, 2014 / 7:34 pm

Great styling with those particular shoes. Thanks for the inspiration. I might have found my outfit for tomorrow.
    Greetje
    PS that means I really like it. But you gathered that already. You are not thick. OK I will stop now…

• August 12, 2014 / 7:48 am

No, keep going Greetje!!! ;)) Thank you my lovely, I always appreciate your comments x

7. May 29, 2017 / 9:21 am

Cool neckband, dearest Catherine…I have a fundamentally the same as one!! 🙂 And yes, stripes are developing on me to an ever increasing extent; truth be told,,
    topcelebsjackets.com

8. August 24, 2017 / 11:28 am

Cool accessory, dearest Catherine…I have an in a general sense the same as one!! 🙂 And yes, stripes are creating on me to a consistently expanding degree; frankly.
    Wrench Watch Dogs 2 Leather Vest