How To Style Dungarees | With A Bejeweled Beanie & Polka Dots

beanie, polka dot blazer, dungarees & red brogues
I have to admit I haven’t really worn my dungarees since the summer, but when I saw this outfit I immediately pinned it for future overalls inspiration. I probably would have tried the shirt and a neck bowtie with it except for the fact that my shirt was in the wash, and I’ve been wearing the Primark white gem beanie so much since I got it before Christmas that I was desperate to swap the black hat for my bejeweled beauty. (And at £3 full price it certainly knocks the socks off the Markus Lupfer tiara beanie which is nearly 50 times the price…!)

So Pinterest wins again. But I still think that taking inspiration from others’ outfits and “making do” with what you’ve got results in some new and interesting combinations. Sure, I wore my red brogues and a blazer like Beth did in her outfit, but it’s not a direct copy I’m glad to say (and that would be a bit boring, wouldn’t it).

I haven’t seen many bloggers wearing bejeweled beanies – do you have one, or would you consider getting one? Let me know (oh and please don’t forget to vote for me in Fever London’s model competition – details at the bottom)!

beanie, polka dot blazer, dungarees & red brogues
Bejewelled beanie & polka dots
Bejewelled white beanie

Please don’t forget to vote for me to model for clothing brand Fever London! You may have voted already (thank you so much!) – don’t forget you can vote for me once every 24 hours. Go to this link:

Click To Vote For Me To Model For Fever London!

Just two steps: “Like” their page, then click “Vote” for me 🙂

Fever London Model comp

They want the winners (one from each size category) to model their SS14 collection of vintage inspired clothes – if you remember on any other day (till 19 February) to vote again pleeeeeeeeease do so – thank you thank you thank you!

Twitter 64x64 B&WFacebook 64x64 B&WBloglovin 64x64 B&WInstagram 64x64 B&WGoogle Plus 64x64 B&W
Shop my look! You can’t buy the Primark beanie online (in store only) but here’s some alternatives for you 🙂

Beanie: Primark, Dungarees: Asos, Blazer: Marks & Spencer, Brogues: Asos, Nails: Nails Inc Hampstead Heath

Linking up to: Visible MondayMonday BloomMonday MingleFunday MondayTrend Spin Link-UpWardrobe WednesdaysStyle SessionsWhat I Wore WednesdayAll Things ThursdayFashion InformantThree-Fer ThursdayPassion for Fashion FridayFriday’s Fab Favourites

1. January 31, 2014 / 4:11 pm

You look amazing as always! Great beanie and you've totally changed my mind about dungarees!

I'm also going bejewelled for my latest post 🙂

C x

• February 1, 2014 / 11:05 pm

Oh my, Claudia I've just checked out your bling… it looks stunning! Such a great idea to wear a statement necklace over a coat.

Thanks for your lovely comments – and does that mean you'll be shopping for dungarees now…?!! x

2. January 31, 2014 / 5:50 pm

Loving the red shoes, you could get lost in OZ with those 🙂 xx

• February 1, 2014 / 11:07 pm

Not thought of that before – like a tomboyish Dorothy!! Thanks sweetie x

3. January 31, 2014 / 6:11 pm

Oh Catherine this is definitely a new favorite for me for sure!!!!!!!!

• February 1, 2014 / 11:08 pm

A little bit influenced by your eclectic style I think, Brooke!!!! Thank you so much :))

4. January 31, 2014 / 6:44 pm

I love this look! Definitely gonna try out my beanie with dungarees now.

• February 1, 2014 / 11:08 pm

They certainly get attention wherever I go, Pam…! Thank you my lovely x

5. January 31, 2014 / 9:16 pm

Okay you are honestly the coolest and I'm obsessed with you. I'm beginning to think you can pull off anything.

<3 Daryl
    Unlost

• February 1, 2014 / 11:09 pm

Oh wow, Daryl – what a fabulous compliment!!! That's so nice of you!!! =thank you=

• February 1, 2014 / 11:10 pm

I definitely think the beanie makes it, doesn't it Irene – thank you!

6. January 31, 2014 / 10:37 pm

love the dotty jacket and the red brogues – super cool!

7. February 1, 2014 / 1:59 am

Well, this is just dang cute. I wore the hell out of overalls (that's what we Americans call dungarees) back in the 90s. I loved those things. Love the red shoes.

• February 1, 2014 / 11:11 pm

You know, I think these are actually the first pair I've ever owned – I've not thought about it before. Sleeveless jumpsuits I've had, but not dungarees… or overalls!! Thank you hun x

8. February 1, 2014 / 8:38 am

Love the shoes Catherine. You look fab as always.

9. February 2, 2014 / 4:30 am

You are a fearless fashionista, dear Catherine!! The "overalls" look (long, short, even skirted!) seems to be making a big style splash right now…and here you are, showing us just how great it can look with a mix of fun and sophisticated accessories!! As is often the case, I am in awe!! By the way, I do NOT own a jewelled beanie…but I would love to find one as great as your white version here!!

• February 3, 2014 / 9:47 pm

Thanks Monika – I love your "fearless" description of me – to be honest I kind of think of myself as more "couldn't care less", meaning whether anyone thinks I look a bit daft or not… a contradiction I know, as I'm posting these outfits and love all your comments!!! I hope you know what I mean :))

Sorry I'm a bit super frazzled today – brain is mush and I probably won't make any sense!!!

10. February 2, 2014 / 8:55 am

Of course I voted for you. You know you can count on me, being a fan. And no I do not wear a beanie. Doesn't suit me at all and my thin hair looks aweful when I would take it off.
    Greetje

• February 3, 2014 / 9:48 pm

You're brilliant – Greetje – knew I could rely on you my lovely friend!! I know what you mean about the beanie, but I tend to wear hats when my hair already looks awful, haha!! x

11. February 3, 2014 / 1:40 am

Seriously though? so adorable! I love these oxfords and I'm crushing more and more on them!

• February 3, 2014 / 9:49 pm

Aww bless you Brandi, that's lovely of you thank you!!!!! I do gaze at the red beauties a bit at home, I can't bear to put them away in my wardrobe (they're too pretty)!

12. February 3, 2014 / 3:39 am

The only person I have seen wearing a bejeweled beanie is Elisa Nalin and hers is by Paule Ka. I think you carry it off really well and I suspect it wont be long before we do see more of this look, especially now that we have seen it on you 🙂 Me, I am still loving the unembellished soft slouchy beanies.

• February 3, 2014 / 9:51 pm

Oooh yes I like the slouchy ones too. But then I think I love all hats…! Thank you sweetie x

• February 3, 2014 / 9:52 pm

Have to say I love it too Kim!! So pretty with all the sparkley gems oooh… Thank you x

13. February 5, 2014 / 1:31 pm

Totally love the beanie! Voted for you and hope you are going to win! xo Sabina OceanblueStyle

14. February 5, 2014 / 6:15 pm

totally LOVE this…so FUN! Especially the beaded beanie…casual glam at its best.
    C

15. February 5, 2014 / 10:08 pm

I don't have a pair of overalls, but if I did, I would totally rock them the way you do! I love this look!

16. February 7, 2014 / 9:38 am

Looking at your wearing this dungarees makes me wanna get one myself too. You definitely matched it so well with everything else and I've just pinned your outfit to my Pinterest board =D