(Yet) Another Way To Style A Grey Marl Sweatshirt

Grey sweatshirt, red skinnies & brown booties
Finding ways to style a grey marl sweatshirt – or any colour sweatshirt – happens perhaps a little too often in my life when I haven’t got anywhere especially important to go. They’re just so easy and comfortable and have just the right degree of warmth for autumn (and spring). So if I can, I’ll add a little more interest as I’ve done here, with the collar of my vintage shirt peeping out and a colour blocked cross body bag. Throw on some gold rings, a fabulous watch and a gold hair cuff and that’s me happy enough.

The basics of this outfit (top and jeans) is identical to the one I wore earlier in the year in this post, but it goes to show how a few changes to boots, accessories and of course hairstyle make all the difference.

Are you like me and finding casual wear all-too easy at this chillier time of year? Or do you continue with the pretty dresses until your legs freeze to death and you can’t take it anymore 😉

Grey sweatshirt, cross body colour blocked bag & red skinnies
Red hair, grey sweatshirt

Twitter 64x64 B&WFacebook 64x64 B&WBloglovin 64x64 B&WInstagram 64x64 B&WGoogle Plus 64x64 B&W
Shop my look!

Sweatshirt: Asos, Shirt: Vintage, Jeans: Asos, Boots: New Look, Bag: Accessorize, Watch: Asos, Gold rings: Asos, Fingertip rings: Asos

Linking up to: Visible MondayMonday BloomMonday Mingle, Funday MondayWardrobe WednesdaysWhat I Wore WednesdayAll Things Thursday, Fashion InformantThree-Fer Thursday, Passion for Fashion FridayStyle Elixir, Sunday Style

1. October 29, 2013 / 4:11 pm

I love the grey sweater teamed with the red jeans and the touch of print makes all the difference! Wonderful styling as always Catherine 🙂

Take care,

2. October 29, 2013 / 4:36 pm

I love this fun casual look with the red jeans. I agree, the hairstyle and the accessories complete the entire look.
    xo,
    Monica
    Glamvolution.blogspot.com

3. October 29, 2013 / 5:25 pm

I like the whole outfit, but particuarly the red pants! I disagree to the people who say if you have red hair, you shouldn't wear red! Who makes up some of these goofy rules in the first place? –coming from another red head. 🙂

• November 1, 2013 / 9:42 am

I've not thought about it before, Jess! I have to admit I just whatever colours I like :/

4. October 29, 2013 / 6:54 pm

Sometimes grass is always greener on the other side. Seeing you wearing sweaters and coats, makes me feel like I'm missing out the autumn trends. Then, when I open my closet and see all my dresses which I'm still able to wear it any time I want, I think it's a good thing to have hot weather here. I don't know which is better =D
    I like how you match this grey sweater with a burgundy skinny jeans. Looks good on you =)

• November 1, 2013 / 9:50 am

I'm a hot weather girl so I'd choose warmth every time, Yen (so maybe the grass is greener)! x

5. October 29, 2013 / 9:46 pm

I know what you mean about the comfort factor in a pair of jeans and a sweater…but don't forget!! There's always tights to help warm up a dress or skirt!! 😉

• November 1, 2013 / 9:50 am

True, Monika – but I'm never warm enough in just tights and a skirt…!!

6. October 30, 2013 / 3:48 am

How'd you do your hair here Catherine?! I love it!! It seems like maybe some of it was left out of the pony, no? What ever you have done with this updo, it's just perfect! I have the same pony tail holder, and I love getting a high pony out of it. I especially love how long your hair looks here!

Love,

Ann of Kremb de la Kremb

• November 1, 2013 / 9:51 am

Thank you, Ann! It's just the front section tied up in the hair cuff 🙂

7. October 30, 2013 / 12:50 pm

Great styling – casual yet so pulled-together. xo

8. October 30, 2013 / 5:24 pm

Love this! Grey is a good color on you! xx
    Jess

9. October 30, 2013 / 6:10 pm

You look great! Love the rust leggings with the burnt orange shooties. Also like the way you pulled a printed shirt under the solid crew for a little interest. The bag is adorable!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

10. October 31, 2013 / 3:18 am

Stopping by from the WIWW! Love the floral collar peeking from under the grey top! And I like to wear the pretty dresses all year. First I layer on tights, then leggings, then leggings with bike shorts 🙂

<3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

• November 1, 2013 / 9:52 am

Haha Vicki that's my kinda layering!! Thanks for stopping by xo

11. October 31, 2013 / 10:55 am

Gorgeous pants, Katherine! Coloured pants with casual sweatshirts are the easiest way to stay cozy and chic in this weather!

12. November 1, 2013 / 10:58 am

Love the shade of those trousers, it is marvellous!! Looks gorgeous on you & your hair is sublime :))) Came here from the blog hope on Lena's blog…have a gorgeous weekend xx

The Dainty Dolls House

13. November 1, 2013 / 12:23 pm

I thought to stop on by and say hi. I have seen your name and posts here and there around the internet, but this is my first time commenting. Today, I found you from the 'Passion for Fashion Friday' link up.
    As for this style, it looks very comfy, but also very stylish! I would have never thought to throw a nice shirt under a sweatshirt to dress it up. I like a good, comfy outfit, but I really don't usually like the 'comfy' look. This is a great exception!

Erika

14. November 3, 2013 / 9:00 pm

I thought I had left a comment on this one. But no. Probably got distracted. I especially like the bag.
    Greetje