A Black Maxi Skirt, Pink Checks & Dainty Layered Necklaces

Black maxi skirt, pink check shirt
A black maxi skirt is such a wardrobe essential I honestly don’t know how I’ve survived this long without one. It’s been on my “to get” list for so long, and I finally bought this Asos one with some birthday money I still had to spend which was a nice treat!

They’re pretty easy to style as they sort of go with everything: I love how they elongate your legs if you keep your top tucked in or knotted (as I’ve done here) to keep that waistline high. A couple of bright colours (red and coral) and some layered necklaces make an easy-to-wear transitional outfit for summer to autumn.

Have you recently bought something so essential for your wardrobe that you don’t know how you survived without it before? Or the opposite – bought something more unusual that’s turned out to be an unexpectedly versatile piece? They’re often the best purchases!

Black maxi skirt, pink check shirt
Black maxi skirt, red colour block bag
Black maxi skirt, pink check shirt
Pink check shirt, coral tank & fedora

On Monday I’ll have a fabulous giveaway for you all – think something worth £250! Don’t miss it!
Social Media Icon - Bloglovin+Social Media Icon - TwitterSocial Media Icon - FacebookSocial Media Icon - InstagramSocial Media Icon - Google+Social Media Icon - Pinterest
Shop my look!

Skirt: Asos, Shirt: Marks & Spencer, Tank: F&F at Tesco, Hat: Asos, Heels: Faith, Bag: Debenhams, Watch: Asos, Necklaces: Asos / Gift / Local jewellers

Linking up to: Visible MondayMonday BloomMonday MingleCreative MondaysFunday MondayWardrobe WednesdaysWhat I Wore WednesdayStyle ElixirPassion for Fashion FridaySunday StyleHat Attack

1. September 13, 2013 / 2:45 pm

I am wearing a black maxi skirt today, too – it's a total wardrobe staple for me. You look gorgeous in pink xoxo

2. September 13, 2013 / 3:09 pm

Gorgeous as usual. I am in love with the pink checked shirt. Great color combos. xx

3. September 13, 2013 / 5:37 pm

I was hoping you would join my first Blog hop.
    I wasn´t quite sure it would work, hahhahhha, but it has.
    Have a fabulous weekend, dear Catherine.

4. September 13, 2013 / 8:37 pm

Gorgeous look! I absolutely love maxis, I find them super versatile and utterly feminine! I love how you styled yours, great look 🙂

5. September 14, 2013 / 7:18 am

You look great, Catherine! Your advice to keep the waistline high really makes a difference, I need to keep that in mind.

Annette | Lady of Style

6. September 14, 2013 / 6:18 pm

Catherine, as always, well styled and love the shoes with it, summer goodbye pink:) Sabina Styleblog Only in Frankfurt

7. September 15, 2013 / 7:00 pm

Looking lovely as always. Well put together this outfit. I am still struggling with my black leather long skirt. With me, if I tuck my top in the skirt it looks as if I have a tiny torso. You just reversed it: "elongate my legs". LOL
    With me yellow shoes have been an unexpected pleasant surprise.

• September 15, 2013 / 7:01 pm

By the way… it has been quite a while since you desired anything black….

8. September 16, 2013 / 1:33 am

Stunning bag! Haven't bought anything essential lately but an on the lookout for a couple of things in the second hand stores: denim jacket, LBD, chambray shirt and a nice button-up. I'll have to keep going shopping until I find them. Damn. Thanks for sharing your outfit. You always look amazing.

9. September 17, 2013 / 12:47 am

Obsessed with this look – is spot on perfection. I have a maxi that I truly love and am actually excited about transitioning it to fall. I also really like your layered necklaces!
    Nikki at http://www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

10. September 17, 2013 / 12:09 pm

All things in this post is well manage, colourful blog, like it especially like your leather bag and all accessories is looking adorable. I like the way you manage your outfit and block shirt is also mine favorite shirts.
    celebrity outfits for sale

11. September 18, 2013 / 2:26 am

C, I just love the bright colors!!

12. September 19, 2013 / 5:17 am

HELLO !!
    I'm Antonio from Italia
    You are very beautiful and sweet 😉
    Wich are the reasons of this message??
    I start collecting photos of friends wearing plaid shirts and i created my own profile on FLICKR'S page in which this passion is better explained.
    What i ask you??
    PHOTOS of you and also other friends wearing as many plaid shirts is possibile ( i prefer men's button down cotton ones and gingham )
    I will use the photos you will give me only for private collecting use!!
    IF you will authorize me i'll add them to my own page of FLICKR.
    I HOPE YOU HELP ME and more that you not consider my asking as disturb or a bad and wrong thing 😉
    that is my FLICKR's page :